What has happened to our English Rose Liz?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not seen her on-screen for a while but this excellent thread had me taking a peak. I'm convinced she's had her cheeks done, they looked out of proportion with her face, she looks more like Nicole Kidman now. Her sales banter never 'did it' for me since I started watching QVC 15+ years ago, I have brought one TSV and gifted a set from her website to a friend. Agree with a lot of what had been said on here, the sell out still doesn't sit well at all and she still hides behind a false image. I'm not far off her age and as has been said, with her money my skin could look as good and I haven't had fillers etc. I can hear lots of hissing on this thread but IMO rightly so.

In her defence (never thought I'd be typing that!) about the sell-out to Avon, very few brand "Names" shout it from the roof tops when they cash in their brand by selling to one for the beauty giants. The Bobbi Brown reps still waffle on about Bobbi's philosophy and signature natural look and then flog anouther shimmer brick which really has very little to do with the brand's original ethos.

I agree about the Avon jewellery range, I still have its and bobs from the 80s which still look like new.

Jude xx

I`d love to sneak into LE`s bedroom and bathroom and see what`s ACTUALLY there. I`m convinced all these women don`t really use what they say they do. AY. Lulu. LE and others. I bet we`d be in for a few shocks eh ?

I thought Liz looked lovely on the show yesterday.I am sure she is true to her products but if she has had some extra help so be it.She is the 'front' of a skin & makeup range & needs to look good.I would have preferred if they hadn't sold out to Avon but that's business, so has Bobbi Brown & Jo Malone.When they are successful names & need to expand as LE did into makeup they need the injection of cash.Also Liz is getting to the age when she will want to step back.I still like the products, I keep trying others but return to LE for the sheer ease of using the products.I order from the LE website rather than Q because of the P&P charges unless it is a good value TSV with the products I use.

I`d love to sneak into LE`s bedroom and bathroom and see what`s ACTUALLY there. I`m convinced all these women don`t really use what they say they do. AY. Lulu. LE and others. I bet we`d be in for a few shocks eh ?

Perhaps they do use their ranges, (or in LE's case Avon's range for whom she is an ambassoador for now), but let's face it, you could apply lard and it would look great with help from bertie botox which I think a number of them know very well. :wink:

I agree many brands cash in and sell there comapies however the range is called "Liz Earle" and many people began using the range because of the ethos of the brand and the natural ingredients and the fact they had the "bunny" symbol. Already some of the products have changed over the years and IMO none for the better and the last straw for me was losing the "bunny", theres so much choice on the market theses days and alot are now cheaper than the Liz earle range. Liz earle skin care was always maketed as affordable skincare IMO it isnt anymore its now become a Luxury brand rather than afforadable. Like Nikki said before it wasnt like the brand was struggling and needed to sell the company. It was nice to see Liz earle on air yesterday however her skin didnt look that great and if thats what the range does for ur skin when u get older im glad i very rarely use her products anymore, shes not there flogging jewellery or kitchen products shes there to sell Skin care and if her skin isnt looking its best then shes not a very good ambassador of the range anymore :mysmilie_365: phew!!!

Autumn Liz Earle products haven't lost "the bunny". Despite their sale to Avon the bunny is still there.

I must be looking at someone completely different to others. I see a pretty woman with good skin. I certainly don't see the Botox fest that others see. I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about Liz as a person. I've used her C&P and IBST since before I knew QVC existed. My product choice is about the product and now to do with Liz herself.

I only saw a few minutes but I thought she looked sensational. It was very nice to see her back. Did anyone hear any mention about her long absence? I hope she doesn't disappear again for too long. I like Caroline but think Liz really does need to show up now and then to reinforce the brand.

Autumn Liz Earle products haven't lost "the bunny". Despite their sale to Avon the bunny is still there.

I must be looking at someone completely different to others. I see a pretty woman with good skin. I certainly don't see the Botox fest that others see. I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about Liz as a person. I've used her C&P and IBST since before I knew QVC existed. My product choice is about the product and now to do with Liz herself.
I totally agree Tinkererbelle. I thought she looked great :rock:

I only saw a few minutes but I thought she looked sensational. It was very nice to see her back. Did anyone hear any mention about her long absence? I hope she doesn't disappear again for too long. I like Caroline but think Liz really does need to show up now and then to reinforce the brand.

She is contracted to work for 25 days per year for Avon, that is worldwide not just QVC UK.

Yea sorry i couldnt edit it and was too late id posted it lol yea it should have been about her selling to a Avon who are known for testing on animals, They still have the "bunny" atm anyway

Sorry that was a reply to Tinkerbelle not BF , i cant seem to edit or delete my posts anymore :S

LE the brand probably has an autonomy agreement post the buy out from Avon, hence they still have the leaping bunny logo. In a way that makes it worse imo as it can mislead people who don't know the company has been sold & who it's been sold to.

I fully appreciate that Liz is getting older but I'm sorry, each to their own of course, but to go on Q and rave on her website about anti cruelty, openly declaring that she wholeheartedly supported anti vivisection charities for years to then sell out to a company that has amongst the worst reputations for imposing animal cruelty in it's testing is ignoring the very customers who made the brand successful in the 1st place!

& No denying that LE is an attractive woman but no botox yesterday?? Sorry Tinks but I've seen more movement in things that have been in my freezer for several months than her forehead! To coin a phrase Graham Norton said once about someone else "I'm not saying they've had botox but if their face gets any tighter they'll look like the back of a desert spoon with a face painted on it".

If that's soley down to any lotion or potion I'm signing up for a lorry load! :wink:

Last edited:
I thought she was a bit frumpy.She's a good looking woman,and I think she looks pretty hot. She still looks down to earth just with a bit more tweaking.Nice

I thought she looked like she's lost weight in face, it was a harder look altogether. I wouldn't say no to looking like her though!

She does seem to be morphing from the country house Kirstie Allsop type into UK's answer to Tova, but with a little way to go I might add.

Latest posts

Back