Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Sue54

Guest Shopper
Is a REAL woman ??

I am sick to death of hearing these presenters & guests prattling on that

'' this is for the real woman ''

What is that ? What do they class it as :yawn:

I totally agree. As someone who has battled eating disorders since childhood and struggles with body image and weight (mostly on the wrong side of skinny) I find this statement most offensive. I feel like I'm not a real woman anyway because of the constant mental and physical battles I have - and when people say things like that it only reinforces how I feel and look. I know I shouldn't pay it heed, but I can't help it! I hate being made to feel that because I'm straight up and down that I'm less of a person.

Oh to be a real woman. Whatever one of those is.

Can someone lend me their bappage? :wink:

I totally agree. As someone who has battled eating disorders since childhood and struggles with body image and weight (mostly on the wrong side of skinny) I find this statement most offensive. I feel like I'm not a real woman anyway because of the constant mental and physical battles I have - and when people say things like that it only reinforces how I feel and look. I know I shouldn't pay it heed, but I can't help it! I hate being made to feel that because I'm straight up and down that I'm less of a person.

As someone with (to quote Victoria Wood) 'a pittifully woeful cubic capacity' brassiere-wise, how about we find someone with a 36DD and see if we can arrange a timeshare mate? :wink:

As someone with (to quote Victoria Wood) 'a pittifully woeful cubic capacity' brassiere-wise, how about we find someone with a 36DD and see if we can arrange a timeshare mate? :wink:

Ohoho - you are ON! I've always wanted to be able to 'put my baps back in the breadbin' as t'were... :wink:

Thank you . Yes it is very offensice. The righteous Glen C is an absolute swine for keep trottong it out '' Oh todays real woman etc '' What a load of shite.Maybe we should start a petition to get him banned:cheeky:

Cavegirl I am so sorry to hear of your problems.

Does anyone else get really teed off that the models on QVC are stick thin? Have to give IW credit that the women they use are a more realistic shape.

Ali K was running off this morning what wonderful buyers they have for fashion:puke: And she looks like a good meal would not go amiss. Where did they learn ? The Glen Campbell How To make a Woman Feel Bad about Herself School?

I note also the new word is "promenading" (sp)

My hubby and I promenade to some extent on the beach on holiday because we get bored of sunbathing:sleepy: - but really? in this country? in real life? who promenades???!!!

A "real" woman is a multi-dimensional soul who comes in a unique exterior. Something two dimensional media land cannot handle.

Check out Will Powers 'Adventures In Success' which puts it in a nutshell - You are an important person, a rare individual, a unique creature. There has never been anyone just like you and never will be....

Check out the video on You Tube. Good luck with whatever demons the media have planted on you.

I suppose a 'real woman' as I've always understood it is 'sales speak' (and the kindest way) of describing someone with er... lumps and bumps!! I suppose they don't think it sounds good to say, fat, generously proportioned, ample etc. By the the way if anyone wants my 36DD's they are welcome to them!!

My best friend and I are like chalk and cheese.
Sue is 5ft tall size 6/8 32D blonde, petit ,glamourous and always dressed immaculately.
I am 5ft 7" size 18 voluptuous 38F brunette with lots of curves/wobbly bits and a much more casual dress sense.
I love her, I think she's beautiful and she does me.
Are we both real women? We sure as hell are!!!!!

I have no idea what that ridiculous "real women" statement means:down:
if ever I feel crappy I read a poem by Maya Angelou called Phenomanal woman, and it inspires me to believe in me!

That'll be me then. Am a proud owner of a couple of homegrown 36 DD's and a ****** nuisance they can be too.

Consider my bappage loaned with pleasure!! :wink: I think most ladies (I will speak for them) with a DD chest would probably love to have a smaller one, especially when it's summer and little strappy tops and stay up maxi dresses are all the rage! I would love to be able to wear them. I guess we're never happy with what we've got.

As to a real woman, it's probably the same as a 'normal' person! Another term I can't stand. Def a PC way of saying curvy or fat!

Thank you . Yes it is very offensice. The righteous Glen C is an absolute swine for keep trottong it out '' Oh todays real woman etc '' What a load of shite.Maybe we should start a petition to get him banned:cheeky:

Cavegirl I am so sorry to hear of your problems.

Does anyone else get really teed off that the models on QVC are stick thin? Have to give IW credit that the women they use are a more realistic shape.

Ali K was running off this morning what wonderful buyers they have for fashion:puke: And she looks like a good meal would not go amiss. Where did they learn ? The Glen Campbell How To make a Woman Feel Bad about Herself School?

I'm 5' 1“ and a size 16 - I always laugh at the length of QVC clothes. If the dresses are long on the models, they would probably reach my ankles. As we say in this part of the world, I would look like 'a right sack of tatties'. By the way, my bangers are a 36F - would gladly sign up for the timeshare!

Well heres my two penneth worth.

Size 40D / 5ft / Size 14- 16 / Apple shape despite the fact I have lost 2-3 stone. WHY is it so hard to keep it off:headbang:

I agree about the length of some of the clothes sold on QVC. The trousers I would have to chop about 6 inches off hence why crop jeans with QF are full length on me. Another reason why I like M&S as they do short length trousers. The dresses they sell on QVC would be like a full length nightie on me:mysmilie_506:

Kim Mendelson is only a shortie yet makes trousers so flaming long. No sense there love at all :taphead:

I'm 5'6" and was always a straight up'n'down size 10 in my youth, now a size 18 & pear shaped with a pair of 38Cs instead of two fried eggs...what happened...?! I do wish QVC would use "proper" clothes sizes, why tell us chest measurements when our hips can be way out of proportion to "the norm"?!

Er, that would be when I was in junior school then. A size 16 took over when I finished senior school, and um, anyone want to swap their 36DDs for a 42 E ???????

Latest posts

Back