What was the best thing that you bought from QVC which is no longer sold by QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

Tyson

Guest Shopper
I know we talk about our favourite products that QVC still sell. But what did QVC sell that you would like to see again? Is there a show you would like to see back on QVC?

I would like the 2 hours of DIY back on a Sunday, the beauty tsv's we used to have in the week (Tuesday and Thursday's of alternate weeks) and just the ocassional one on the weekend. I would like to see less of Northern Nights, Cooks Essentials and Kim and Co. Two jewellery TSV's is enough for me a month. A resonably priced Gold and Silver TSV is all we need.

I used to like the variety on QVC where we used to get different shows whereas now the schedule is getting very repetative and needs to be changed. The brands that QVC sell (the majority of them I have never heard of Bob Mackie etc) I would like to see brands you can get on the high st (I'm talking higher ended) but at more competitve prices. The p+p needs to be revised as do the prices. I remember when a beauty tsv used to cost £34.50 but now its more likely to be £40 or just below or £45. The Lulu G TSV's are more expensive than I would like to pay. I have bills to pay and can't justify paying that for a bag. I'm not bothered about the Designer goods, I would rather make an informed decision by going to the shop when I have the money so I don't feel I am rushing in and then worry if I send it back I will get the LETTER! The number of netbooks or laptops QVC sell is also getting on my nerves. Every few months there is a TSV around these products, how many netbooks or laptops does one person need.

I'm sick of the speil from presenters about I bought a netbook a month ago and now I'm thinking about buying this one. Or I bought a netbook but now I want this laptop. Who cares??

The best thing I bought from QVC was the Molton Brown TSV's brilliant value for money.

Last edited:
I really love all me flexzorb jewellery boxes. They've kept my jewellery in perfect condition and look great, too. I'd love to buy more as, sadly, I broke the mirror in one of them when I pressed on it by accident one day. I still use it but I'd love one to replace it. I keep looking for them but all QVC stock now are the ugly, cheap looking plastic bag type jewellery storage systems.

Laura Geller 'Tint Hint' was the best thing I have ever bought. Unfortunately QVC no longer stock this item and I can't get it anywhere. Wish they would bring it back.

There was a jewellery range from South Africa called Armilla.
It was superb. Made from pewter, it had all kinds of semi-precious stones and charms etc on it. It was heavy in weight.
When they decided not to sell it anymore there was loads of it in last clicks and I think I must have purchased most of it. I still wear it. I love it and receive many compliments.
I have tried to find it elsewhere but I have never come across it.
Along with Michael Dawkins, it was IMHO the best jewellery range I've come across.
For a short time Alex Monroe, Melissa McArthur and Dower & Hall sold stuff on QVC and I have some brilliant pieces from them. It is always worth buying the new designers because as soon as they become famous, they drop QVC like a hot stone. I met Melissa McArthur at Fashion Week one time and said that I had first come across her on QVC and she gave me a daggars glance - didn't want anyone hearing that!

I know we can buy it elsewhere but the Aveda TSV's were amazing value for money. As were the Molton Brown ones, a few 100ml bottles of shower gel, a bottle of body lotion plus 15mls of both the eye gel and moisturiser for £20.... those were the days!!!

Last edited:
I know we can buy it elsewhere but the Aveda TSV's were amazing value for money. As were the Molton Brown ones, a few 100ml bottles of shower gel, a bottle of body lotion plus 15mls of both the eye gel and moisturiser for £20.... those were the days!!!

I remember those TSV's, always reasonably priced. I loved Aveda too, especially the Madder Root, Shampure and Phomolient. The aromas were great and good value for money.

There was a jewellery range from South Africa called Armilla.
It was superb. Made from pewter, it had all kinds of semi-precious stones and charms etc on it. It was heavy in weight.
When they decided not to sell it anymore there was loads of it in last clicks and I think I must have purchased most of it. I still wear it. I love it and receive many compliments.
I have tried to find it elsewhere but I have never come across it.
Along with Michael Dawkins, it was IMHO the best jewellery range I've come across.
For a short time Alex Monroe, Melissa McArthur and Dower & Hall sold stuff on QVC and I have some brilliant pieces from them. It is always worth buying the new designers because as soon as they become famous, they drop QVC like a hot stone. I met Melissa McArthur at Fashion Week one time and said that I had first come across her on QVC and she gave me a daggars glance - didn't want anyone hearing that!

I must google Armilla it sounds fab. I never knew Dower & Hall were on QVC, I missed out on that. I forgot about the other brands you mentioned too. They are always good at getting rid of things people like. These days its more about established brands as opposed to ones that are unique and up and coming.

Three woolen rugs from Royal Palace rugs which sadly:sad: disappeared some years ago.

I forgot about Royal Palace rugs, they were lovely and reasonably priced.

Laura Geller 'Tint Hint' was the best thing I have ever bought. Unfortunately QVC no longer stock this item and I can't get it anywhere. Wish they would bring it back.

Do they still do this on the Laura Geller website as they ship to the UK? Might be worth a try.

I got a whirley pop popcorn pan (think that's the name). I don't use it that often but it's really good, it has a mechanism that allows you to turn a handle which makes two metal rods revolve in the bottom of the pan as you heat the popcorn.

I loved the original microfibre towels (not the fluffy shaggy ones they went onto) and as a family we all still use them to quickly dry our hair. I aso loved the Mop glisten TSV's as it's the only shampoo that my hair didn't 'get used to'.

I loved the original microfibre towels (not the fluffy shaggy ones they went onto) and as a family we all still use them to quickly dry our hair. I aso loved the Mop glisten TSV's as it's the only shampoo that my hair didn't 'get used to'.

MOP was a popular product line and again QVC got rid of that.

mojave magic concealer

Mojave magic did an usual lipstick where there were to colours of lipstick which merged together to create one lipstick. It was a unique line and again QVC got rid of that too.

Beauty products I miss are:

From Gatineau I really loved the pink body scub (then it came out again in 'blue' ReactiveR I think it was called which was just as good) , the AHA body lotion (seen it on air very rarely) the peach coloured Body contour gel, ReactiveR contour gel and Therapie Marine facial scrub. Gatineau's tsv's were great when the body care came in trio's and in salon sizes (400ml each) - those were the days! Have never seen them do anything like this since.

Love the smell of Vital Feeling but all the products in this range have reacted badly with me and just doesn't seem the same, their previous body care range was much better.

Decleor Arome Tonique and Aromantic fragrance.

Cariad Lavender hand cream.

Phytomer Body Declic.

Molton Brown Marine face mask (which has been discontinued)

Elemis Lip Rescue and Active Skin Complex.

All of the Ren products (fab!)

Also Molton Brown and Aveda. Have never purchased MB since QVC but do still buy Aveda Phomollient regularly.

:flower:

Last edited:
Tyson, I emailed Laura Geller's website in the US a few weeks back and it was going to cost a fortune to ship it to me. A really nice person from their customer service looked into it for me. It is such a shame as it is fab.

From Gatineau I really loved the pink body scub (then it came out again in 'blue' ReactiveR I think it was called which was just as good)

I loved that body scrub, the best I think I've tried ever:clapping:

Aveda. I loved their hair care but fortunately there is a salon in my town. They also did lovely skincare as well.

Molton Brown. The Christmas TSV was so good.

And does anyone remember a cosmetic company called UltraGlow ? I still have one of their eye pencils & it just goes on & on & on.They also did really nice lippies as well.

I agree with SuziQ that MOP shampoo and conditioner are fabulous. Since QVC stopped selling them, I buy them now from Hair Angels website whose price is unbeatable.

Model's Prefer eyebrow pencil - the best and most important part of my make-up kit!!! Luckily I had a stockpile when they stopped selling MP, but that's dwindling, and I refuse to pay the rip-off prices on ebay (taking advantage of devotees like me) :sad:. Am panicking now - where else can you get them?!

Also really loved ecotan - really easy to use, nice result and good prices.

Decleor Arome Tonique and Aromantic fragrance

I see QVC have reintroduced 'arome tonique' and i wonder if its the same fragrance as the original one was discontinued a few years back, i was devastated as i used it all the time and loved it,i dont want to buy the new one until i find out if its the same or not, i didnt like the aromantic. does anyone know if its the same?

Latest posts

Back