What was your worst buy in 2009?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I returned my first item ever this year - the Lola Rose summer TSV. Nothing wrong with it really, but the earrings were too small for me. Otherwise, pleased with everything.

I didn't buy a lot of items from QVC last year, just 5 in fact. The worst one was a set of coloured prepology knives, I think in November as a TSV. I went for the white but the colour coating deteriorated almost immediately, even though i did hand wash them. I used one for cutting a fresh pineapple up and I think it was a bit too much for them. So, not a disaster but it will teach me to stick to my Henckels!

I am ashamed to say I did not return the items that I should have and they just sit gathering dust, but hey at lease I won't get the letter :)

A BE "handbag heroes" set for £23 inc p&p that is absolutey tiny. So small that the brushes won't get in the pots (which are a bizarre selection by themselves) all contained in a rather largeish square box that is far too awkward to get in a handbag anyway.

Anything by decleor, the cleansers and toners leave me with dry tight skin and the neroli and hydra floral leave my face looking like an oil slick.

Ojon shine range - left me looking greasy but have passed to my sister who likes it.

the silver tsv boxes that oprah winfrey said was a great gift idea i bought 2 and no they are not a great gift idea...

Without a doubt a set of cargo liquid eyeshadows...they were horribly expensive, and when they arrived I was shocked at the size of them, they looked liked they fell out of a make up set for a child's Barbie doll, and what's more they were cr*p. They didn't go on easily and you needed about three coats to actually see the colour. More fool me for not sending them back!

Also a prepology try me knife...mind you that might have been last year..It was complete rubbish, I even had to use a sawing action to slice a tomato, it was blunt as old f*ck!!!

A pair of Markon boots that I couldn't get my feet in. I complained to CS and got a full refund and they were collected within 2 days of my call to them.

1) An extremely ugly looking Lissi doll - I regretted it minutes after Iplaced the order, should have cancelled but didn't. When she came, I took her out of the box, and then put her straight back again. Hideous! But returning it will cost too much, so I guess I'm stuck with it.
2) An SBC TSV that contained loads of alcohol in nearly every product. Ughh! Luckily returned it for a full refund!

The Slice - bliddy awful thing. I was so excited when they launched it too, it's okay in theory, but damn annoying when it takes off on it's own little pattern and then does it's own thing. Plus worked out really expensive with all the design cards, so was promptly returned.

Oh, the Butler & Wilson watch too - horrible thing.

Without a doubt a set of cargo liquid eyeshadows...they were horribly expensive, and when they arrived I was shocked at the size of them, they looked liked they fell out of a make up set for a child's Barbie doll, and what's more they were cr*p. They didn't go on easily and you needed about three coats to actually see the colour. More fool me for not sending them back!

I had forgotten about them! I ordered and promptly returned too. Your feelings on them are almost the same as my review on QVCUK.com - LMAO!

1) An extremely ugly looking Lissi doll - I regretted it minutes after Iplaced the order, should have cancelled but didn't. When she came, I took her out of the box, and then put her straight back again. Hideous! But returning it will cost too much, so I guess I'm stuck with it.
2) An SBC TSV that contained loads of alcohol in nearly every product. Ughh! Luckily returned it for a full refund!

mine went straight back for exactly the same reason. I really wish they'd mention on air that so many of their products contain alcohol

Freeze 24/7 Holiday Lip Kit! The colours were good and it did seem to plump your lips but all 4 of them leaked. Made it impossible to have them in my make up bag and I didn't buy them to look good in my bathroom. One of those where you know you should have returned them but as I'd thrown out the packaging and had used them, I didn't bother. My own fault I know.

Lola Rose Try Me bracelet - I have small wrists but this was only suitable for a child.
Scholl sandals - the plastic ones - terrible - poorly made and smelly. And I sent for 2 different colours so I had double the postage :mysmilie_81:

Lola Rose Try Me bracelet - I have small wrists but this was only suitable for a child.
Scholl sandals - the plastic ones - terrible - poorly made and smelly. And I sent for 2 different colours so I had double the postage :mysmilie_81:

Was that the LR bracelet with the daisies? I couldn't believe how ickle that was or that the presenters didn't think it was worthy of comment:mysmilie_73:

an awful casual and co kaftan top that was about 10 sizes too small,thought it wouldve been nice to wear on holiday..more chance of it fitting my 9 year old
also got a set of yankee candles with one in that smelt of curry.ashamed to say I gave it away as a gift!!
apart from that I can remember all the things I have ordered and enjoyed so its not so bad !

Liz Earle.. Cleanse and Polish,tried it 5 years ago and hated it!
Goodness only knows why I thought I'd try it again(maybe the hype) hated it even more this time.Vile stuff that caused a breakout of nasty little spots!

Lesson learned!

Liz Earle.. Cleanse and Polish,tried it 5 years ago and hated it!
Goodness only knows why I thought I'd try it again(maybe the hype) hated it even more this time.Vile stuff that caused a breakout of nasty little spots!

Lesson learned!

....And people love that stuff! I thought I was the only one who HATED Liz Earle cosmetics. I spent a small fortune on a set that contained cleanse and polish amongst other goodies. All the stuff smelt putrid, apart from the orange bath foam, the only thing that was supposed to smell, and it didn't. There was also a skin glow cream...guess what, It didn't show up at all, and as for cleanse and polish, it did nothing for my skin, apart from make it smell bad..yukky stuff!

LizEarle Lover will come and duff you two up for saying horrible things about her beloved Liz Earle.

I'd never do that LH. :mysmilie_11: Just in case they might come and duff me up:mysmilie_61::mysmilie_61:

Latest posts

Back