Whats wrong with Julia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's raggle-taggle-gipsy look shouldn't be attempted by anyone over the age of 16..she would look better if she got the straighteners out!
I think she's attempting the sexy, tousled just got out of bed look. :rolleyes: The just got out of bed bit is the only bit that applies to her cos it looks like she's just got up and hasn't been near her bonce with a brush.

So what age do you think women should get their long hair cut short at? Surely it's not the age but the condition of the hair that should dictate whether you get it cut short or not?

All a matter of taste I suppose, but I haven't seen many chic middle aged women with long hair.

She needs a good hair cut. Her hair is just a mess. Uneven & looks like rats tails.

All a matter of taste I suppose, but I haven't seen many chic middle aged women with long hair.

Chic? Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, Cindy Crawford, Liz Hurley, Terri Hatcher and Andie MacDowell spring to mind. All in their 40's with long gorgeous hair.

Chic? Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, Cindy Crawford, Liz Hurley, Terri Hatcher and Andie MacDowell spring to mind. All in their 40's with long gorgeous hair.

I agree with Kathy and Lily here. However, the ladies mentioned above are not 'real' women are they?! They are basically paid to look perfect and probably a few of them have 'had work' of some description. I do think 'real' older women look smarter and more chic with hair shoulder length or above (just my opinion, not a fact :tongue:)

I am 72 and have had long hair for the past 5 years. I wear it up mostly - perhaps I am trying to hark back to my youth but I am having it all cut off on Thursday. The reason being I start chemo. Friday having just been diagnosed with lymphoma. I hope at my age it will grow back. I'm going to wear bandanas or baseball caps. But I suppose some of you on here will think that I am too old for these as well.

Hi Poppy, just wanted to say that I hope your treatment goes well and that you make a full and speedy recovery. I hope your hair grows back even longer than before and you will look fab in your bandanas and caps I have no doubt. Good luck and best wishes for friday.

I am 72 and have had long hair for the past 5 years. I wear it up mostly - perhaps I am trying to hark back to my youth but I am having it all cut off on Thursday. The reason being I start chemo. Friday having just been diagnosed with lymphoma. I hope at my age it will grow back. I'm going to wear bandanas or baseball caps. But I suppose some of you on here will think that I am too old for these as well.

Poppy so sorry to hear about your diagnosis, wishing you all the very best and the chemo goes as well as it possibly can do :flower: :bear::flower:

I am not in my 40's yet but I love my long hair and have no intention of cutting it when I get older. Short hair does not suit me and I don't have the right texture hair to hold a bob (have tried before & it looks a mess!). When I get into 60's and above I will do like you Poppy and wear it up, which I think is a very chic and elegant look.

But each to their own and the world would be very boring if we all thought/looked the same!

I have also said before on here, and at the risk of sounding like a stuck record I will say again - if I look as good as Julia (even with frizzy hair and looking a bit tired) at 54 I would be absolutely delighted.

Poppy so sorry to hear you are not well but best of luck with your treatment. I just wanted to share a story about my mum. She was diagnosed with non-hodgkins follicular lymphoma about 8 years ago now and after her chemo sessions she has been in remission ever since! She hasn't had chemo for 7 years and feels fit and well (she's 65 now). She has regular checks and they will never say she is 'cured' but the docs are very happy with her. Anyway I hope that hearing a success story will help you through the tough but necessary chemo. My mum didn't wear wigs either - she looked lovely in her colourful scarves. When her hair grew back, it grew back exactly the same as it was before. Good luck. xx

Good luck with your treatment Poppy and wishing you a speedy recovery. :flower:

Thankyou all for you good wishes. I must admit I am rather aprehensive - but keep thinking of all those youngsters that haven't known a life without chemo. and if they can get through it so can I. It just all comes as a bit of a shock because I feel so healthy and I am very active. It was only 8 weeks ago that a lump came up on my neck. So please all of you young people be aware of any changes in your body and get it checked. Also I would like to thank everyone at St.Mary's Hospital - Newport I.O.W for all their kindness and what a blessing our NHS is at a time like this.

Why!!

Having read the nasty comments regarding Ms Roberts I feel at last I must at least register and give some of mine. I'm a 62 year old and have long, even longer than Julia's hair which I wear straight and cannot understand why at 45 (which was suggested at 'What's happened to Julia'). One has to visit the hairdresser and say 'Well it's over for me now, chop it all off, I'm ready to turn into an old lady' It was suggested by someone that Ms Roberts was desperately trying to cling on to her youth, what rubbish! Just because she has long hair! Please step into reality and get a grip. Oh! Shock, Oh horror, I'm 62 and have purple toe nails! Try and stop the spite, live a little and have some tolerance, but perhaps we north east midlands gals already are!

Good luck with the chemo Poppy ~ My best friend's dad had chemo for lymphoma two years ago, aged 72 and he is in good health now xx

Wishing you the very best for your treatment Poppy. You have a great attitude girl!

Good luck Poppy. I had chemo for Non Hodgkins Lymphoma last year and am going back for a checkup on thursday. That will mark the first year after treatment for me. Although it seems an awful thing to lose your hair during treatment, it wasn't as bad as I thought when it came and I felt I could hold my head up with all the other people at the hospital who were in the same boat. It does grow back quicker than you expect as well. I had a better wig than I ever had hair and scarves and hats but I did go out bald as well.

Poppy, I don't know you but I hope all goes well with your treatment and wish you a quick recovery. It's only when something like cancer or other serious ailments come up that we appreciate that our health is one of the most important things in life. I hope you get well very soon.

About Julia Roberts - I think that her figure looks very nice having lost some weight around her middle (even if I'm fed up with her saying "I'm wearing the small" all the time!) but as you get a bit older (and I'm 50 so am the same generation!) loosing weight around your face can make you look gaunt, I usually think that older women look prettier if they are a healthy weight rather than very thin. I think that's what is making her look somewhat drained. But I do like the fact that she clearly enjoys making the most of herself and it's good to see middle aged women who want to be glamourous rather than hide away in the background. I'd be pleased to look as good as she does at her age.

all of these women do look very groomed its not just the leagnth of hair but the fact that they have their hair proffesssionally styled. julias hair looks ratty and tatty and the weight loss has killed her previously lovely face.

i think she needs to up the anti on her skincare. alpha-h would suit her now. freshen up her skintone and hydrate and firm her skin.:talking:

Latest posts

Back