Why oh why

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Why do all the vendors stare at the off screen monitor, and say I CANNOT BELIEVE THE PRICE !

Er, why not ? they must have sold to qvc at a ridiculously low price, in order for qvc to put their profit on top.

Take Buckley jewellery for instance - his stuff is cheap as chips; but just imagine how much his stuff really is before qvc put their amount on top. Hmmmmm an £18 brooch - ok sold to qvc for what £10, then they add their bit on. So the brooch was probably made for tuppence in the end. Michelle Hope, Kim & Co etc etc they ALL do it.

So, perleeeeease, vendors, stop taking the michael - we aint all mugs !!!!!!!

Why do all the vendors stare at the off screen monitor, and say I CANNOT BELIEVE THE PRICE !

Er, why not ? they must have sold to qvc at a ridiculously low price, in order for qvc to put their profit on top.

Take Buckley jewellery for instance - his stuff is cheap as chips; but just imagine how much his stuff really is before qvc put their amount on top. Hmmmmm an £18 brooch - ok sold to qvc for what £10, then they add their bit on. So the brooch was probably made for tuppence in the end. Michelle Hope, Kim & Co etc etc they ALL do it.

So, perleeeeease, vendors, stop taking the michael - we aint all mugs !!!!!!!

I would take a guess that the profit is way more than that.
Most businesses will at least double the buying price. (I know cos me and my GF work in retail pricing).
It is a rip off though, especially when QVC go on about having lower operating costs than the high street.
They might well have but they must be making a fortune on P & P alone!

AND...If they didn't have to pay a presenter, two models and someone talking a load of old garbage, it would cost the customer much less.

I used to work for a company that sold prestige products that would retail in the £400+ region. They cost the company £7 to manufacture. And that was for items made in the UK, I'd imagine that items churned out in the far east would cost even less, even allowing for shipping costs. Sounds incredible but I was shocked when I found out myself. Products that sell in shops for £20 or £30 would cost, literally, just pence to make. This is why I just don't go with the whole "designer" ethos - I just know that the product you are getting is not worth anywhere near its price. I know the same is true of everything you buy but designer items are worse than most.

And their stock answer when people complain about the p&p being extortionate is to say that it would cost us a lot more to drive/park etc if we went out to the shops to buy. What they are forgetting though is that some people travel by bus (eg me) and, therefore, save on petrol/parking. Alright, so I can't carry heavy items, but I can certainly buy a lot of small ones for a lot less money, with no high p&p.

I used to work for a company that sold prestige products that would retail in the £400+ region. They cost the company £7 to manufacture. And that was for items made in the UK, I'd imagine that items churned out in the far east would cost even less, even allowing for shipping costs. Sounds incredible but I was shocked when I found out myself. Products that sell in shops for £20 or £30 would cost, literally, just pence to make. This is why I just don't go with the whole "designer" ethos - I just know that the product you are getting is not worth anywhere near its price. I know the same is true of everything you buy but designer items are worse than most.

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY STAGGERING !

I know its business to make profit, but hells bells,, when you read and hear things like that its beyond the pale. A bit of a wake up call I would say, to think even more carefully before parting with hard earned cash !

I was always a big fan of Indigo Moon (who still refuse to put pockets in the jackets), then I discovered they were made in India - so, what price each garment made there then - a couple of pounds ? if that. It REALLY makes you think doesnt it.

Exactly the reason I have never gone for designer gear.

II was always a big fan of Indigo Moon (who still refuse to put pockets in the jackets), then I discovered they were made in India - so, what price each garment made there then - a couple of pounds ? if that. It REALLY makes you think doesnt it.

I always wonder about the 'hand finished quilts'. They so proudly boast about the quality of the finish, and stress the hand finishing. Some of them are lovely, but at what cost to some poor sod working in a sweat shop somewhere else in the world??

Latest posts

Back