Would you pay money for hangers?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've had a load of the look-alike ones from Morrisons for over a year now - bought one pack of 5 to try and went back for another couple of sets while they were in stock. Then they ran out but I found the same colour (lime green so I could see them in the dark depths of my wardrobe) in B&M Bargains. They have quite a few colours including the animal print ones that were on QVC the other week, I noticed. Home Bargains have them too but only in black at our local shop.

I think they're great and actually like the suit ones rather than the shirt ones - they seem more substantial and don't crease trousers when they hang over the bar. Mine haven't the cascading hook but I have hung them down in the same way by hanging them from the bar going across and they don't move with them being velvety.

QVC ones are probably worth buying if you don't have any of the above shops nearby. Ebay sellers had them but were no cheaper than QVC last time I looked.

Warning - you will need a lot more than you think !!!

To any who buy these hangars, become friends wih someone who has a Costco card.

£13 for 50 of these hangars...

Was that 'grip to me' ones???

I've ordered 2 packs. Feel quite sick at thought of £60 on hangers but I think it will be worth while for the space saved.

I had a quick look on amazon and ebay and for once the QVC price is actually okay!!

Love these hangers, my wardrobe is full of the ones from HomeBargains £2.99 for 10. Also
got the TKMAXX ones. :wave:

My vote goes to morrisons :up:. I have had the grip to me from QVC and also a few packs from morrisons .Bought 2 more packs from morrisons yesterday reduced to £1.48 for a pack of 5. Bought them in green and pink. :mysmilie_378:

Yeah me too, mine were £5 for ten. Thouble is I have a job getting rid of all the assorted hangers that I have collected over the years. I put a few in the dust bin every week.

I gave my old hangers to the charity shop with all the clothes I tidied up when sorting out the wardrobe to put the new hangers in! They can always use them.

Another vote from me for this type of hanger, they make a huge difference to your wardrobe although I still use the plastic ones to dry items just in case any colour runs.

Have to agree with lizgregs........you will be surprised to find just how many you'll need!

well I just took my self up to the shops after reading some of these posts.

I had ordered 2 packs of the TSV and cancelled them.

I found that Home & Bargain did 10 for £2.99 but they a) weren't in stock and b) didn't have that little hook that lets you hang them on each other.

In 'Yorkshire Trading' they had the hangers with the hook but they were 5 for £2.99 (and only came in black). So I'm in a dilema and might just reorder the QVC ones as 100 of the ones at Yorkshire Trading would still cost me £60ish

Also I kinda trust the QVC ones more that the colour won't come off on my clothing if item wet!!

Also I kinda trust the QVC ones more that the colour won't come off on my clothing if item wet!!

So far... touch wood <taps head> the hangers from QVC have been colour fast when I've hung wet clothes on them to dry.

Get them... you know you want to :angel:

I've replaced all my hangers with 'grip to me alikes' from Homesense, £stretcher and B&M Bargains. Got a selection of nice bright colours and never had a problem with colour transfer onto damp clothes.

I think they are brilliant, I loathe those plastic ones now and have chucked all mine out. Only trouble for me is the 'grippies' allow me to fit way too many clothes in my wardrobe, and yes I have had a problem with collapsing rails :blush: time for a clear out I think!

Yeah me too, mine were £5 for ten. Thouble is I have a job getting rid of all the assorted hangers that I have collected over the years. I put a few in the dust bin every week.

My local Tesco has a collection bin for disposal or coat-hangers; it's just in the entrance with the bin for used carrier bags etc.

HTH

Jude xx

i have them as well mixture of Thane, QVc and TK Maxx. We haver had a couple of broken ones but wouldnt do without them.
Though still use the skirt nippy ones from shops - cant get away with the grips that come with the grippy ones.
In fact need more - we have over 200!!!:mysmilie_466:

My local Tesco has a collection bin for disposal or coat-hangers; it's just in the entrance with the bin for used carrier bags etc.

HTH

Jude xx

that's where I got rid of mine, I filled the bin to over flowing and still had another bag full of hangers, a kind member of staff said just to leave them and they would take them out the back for me.

Have got to come clean & admit I have ordered the TSV! It has played into my 'getting the house organised'-- 'everything in it's place theme' I am on at the moment & it does make me feel good! This will pass in a short space of time & we will be back to the throw it in the cupboard, can't find anything mode.

Well I have made up my mind that the tsv looks good value. Need to have a good sort out clothes wise so this will be a good start. Thanks for the tips. That's what makes this site ****** helpful!!

I was in Costco at the weekend and they had a large set of the grippy hangers on offer for about £15.
I love my grippy hangers. Got my first ones from ebay and the rest from TKMaxx. They are the only hangers I use now.

Last edited:
I got a a couple of the packs of 50 from costco, brilliant. It's not just the space saving but there is nothing to snag silk or chiffon type fabrics.

I read an earlier post talking about roughing up plastic hangers to stop clothes falling off and I really don't think that's a good idea at all!

When I moved house I 'culled' my wardrobe and then replaced all my plastic and wooden hangers with 'grip to me' ones from QVC (just a small set to see if they did the job - which they did.) All my clothes are now hanging on those and similar ones which I got from Bid TV (when the price was really low,) Home Bargains and my local factory shop.

To be honest, I can't see a difference between the QVC ones and the cheaper makes. They're all 'flocked,' I've created loads of space in my wardrobes and none of the clothes fall off .... so the cheaper ones work just as well, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back