Yankee Candle Addicts (Exclusives Coming To Q )

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ooo which did you go for? I have to say that IMO Village Candles are better than Yc, its just a shame that VC's arent sold in as many places as Yankee :(

I have not got many Village Candles compared to Yankees, mainly because they're not as widely available, as you say. I do like them though and nearly all the jars I've tried have had an excellent throw. Anyway, I don't think they will be to your taste as they're mostly quite fruit/foody, but I've bought the Black Cherry, Christmas on the Beach (which is coconut/pineapple), Vanilla Caramel Swirl, Rain and African Safari. No idea what the last two are going to smell like apart from the brief descriptions.

I don't have as [ahem] extensive a collection as some of my fellow forumites, but it's big enough that my brother asked me if I had shares in Yankee Candle! I now make sure that the majority of my candle collection sits in the cupboard until needed.

Mine are all hidden away too, apart from three or four scattered around being burned or looking pretty. I would be so embarrassed if anyone looked in the boxes in my spare room.

I have not got many Village Candles compared to Yankees, mainly because they're not as widely available, as you say. I do like them though and nearly all the jars I've tried have had an excellent throw. Anyway, I don't think they will be to your taste as they're mostly quite fruit/foody, but I've bought the Black Cherry, Christmas on the Beach (which is coconut/pineapple), Vanilla Caramel Swirl, Rain and African Safari. No idea what the last two are going to smell like apart from the brief descriptions.

I like the sound of Rain and i love YC black cherry so will be interesting to see how that compares , hope you like them :)

I like the sound of Rain and i love YC black cherry so will be interesting to see how that compares , hope you like them :)

Thanks, Autumn. I'll let you know. I've fancied the Rain one for a while and, like you, really love YC Black Cherry.

I've just received my set of seaside candles...

Sea Coral - soft musk and vanilla. I would say if you like Clean Cotton, Fluffy Towel, and Soft Blanket this is a softer version of those. I detest all three but find this acceptable as a more muted version. Of course the proof is in the burning...
Oceanside - fresh but creamy. I'm feeling like I've got an icecream and I'm wandering down the beach.
Ocean Star - clean, floral and musk. This is the strongest smelling, to my nose, and my instant favourite (until I burn them I won't have a definitive answer).

I'm pleased with them so far!

I have now received part of my Achica order of Village Candles and, as we were discussing them in this thread recently, wanted to report back. All good but one thing to note is the Village Black Cherry is not like Yankee Black Cherry at all. To me, the Yankee version is a very rich, mouthwatering, cherry oil smell (which I love - I know not everyone does). The Village version is more like (red) cherry sweets. It's ok and I'll use it but for me, Yankee Black Cherry is unbeatable.

Latest posts

Back