Yankee Candle guest decides to 'move on'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sounds like a big fuss over nothing ,but that's Facebook I suppose.

It was very unpleasant for those who received the vile messages but then it turned into something else when others took it upon themselves to report it to Steven's husband's employers.

I no longer watch QVC, or any shopping channel. I come on here, from time to time, just to catch up on life inside the bubble! I found out on fb, and looked into it, and Steven's partner was definitely in the wrong. What he said was spiteful, vitriolic, and used foul language. It is irrelevant, how he found out - trouble making - he ought to have thought about the consequences.Saying someone needs their roots done, is hardly insulting, rather observant.
I do not think the incident would have had too much of an impact upon Steven, but QVC and YC cannot risk being associated with any negativity.

It was very unpleasant for those who received the vile messages but then it turned into something else when others took it upon themselves to report it to Steven's husband's employers.

I think Steven's partner was in the wrong. It was a gross overreaction to some silly gossipy ladies who are probably rubbing their hands with glee at the hassle they've caused. Meanwhile Steven C has lost a significant source of income and possibly his relationship too - and all for what? Because some women made some catty comments about his hair! They were probably jealous because he has better hair than they do. Steven's partner I would imagine is possibly more the "man" in the relationship (well I know they are both men however Steven has quite an effeminate persona) and didn't take kindly to his partner being slagged off. He ought to have had the presence to realise that the opinions of those women are merely that - opinions. They are not definitive.

I wonder have it might have panned out if, on receiving the e-mail / tweet he'd replied: "Good call! Steve's always looking for haircare tips. What products do you recommend?"

OR
If he'd simply re-tweeted to Steven saying: "I see your hair's attracting attention from the ladies again. So jealous! ;)" it might have got the point across in a more subtle way.

Actually I was one of those saying report it you Yankee Candles UK. The husband has gone off it seems before on people making silly comments in a private group. He should not have known about if some people had not screen shot. Saying your roots need done and swishing your hair does not deserve that abuse. We say worse on here about presenters etc. The message from the husband was put up on here and the calling of women ugly Cs and f ing etc. Did not warned that! And no they are not rubbing their hands in glee!

So now its all, oh blame the victims its their fault for making a few silly comments. No, its the cupid stunt who thought they should send private stuff to his nutjob husband. Am I sorry Steven has gone? No, never watched him. He has a living as said by others he is not homeless living using food banks. Seems he was merry tweeting about all sunshine and roses whilst it was going on and blocking people asking if he would do something. A simple I am sorry for any offence and getting his husband to do the same. But no just blocking. In fact they are damn lucky the police where not involved.

Its done he is gone.

There's a particular receptionist at my flying club who said to one of the instructors I'm a "half-baked hack!" She has no idea what sort of things I get to work on and it amuses me no end how snooty and judgemental she is. She even made comments about one of my cars being "out of line with club standards." I said: "Oh I'm sorry about that. I thought people are more concerned with aeroplanes than what car I drive here in, but just for you, next time I'll bring in one of my other cars." The next time I made a point of turning up early and parking my Porsche in her space. She came huffing and puffing and I said: "Hi Janice, did you find a parking space today?" to which she said: "That's really YOUR car!" in amazement. I said: "Yes, I've got a Perodua Kelisa, an Audi A1 and of course the Boxster. Something for every occasion! I'd like to buy a classic Citroen DS but as a half-baked hack there's only so much money I earn!"

She looked really embarrassed, and I said: "Don't worry, I won't hold it against you!"

Most men will recognise bitchy comments from women and know well to keep their mouths shut ! SC's husband presumably hasn't encountered such women in terms of girlfriends, girlfriends friends etc and will be at a disadvantage in appreciating this behaviour !!

Most men will recognise bitchy comments from women and know well to keep their mouths shut ! SC's husband presumably hasn't encountered such women in terms of girlfriends, girlfriends friends etc and will be at a disadvantage in appreciating this behaviour !!

He works in John Lewis it seems. No idea if on the floor or management. If it was reported to them bet he would be given the boot. Employers in many companies now like to check social media of staff and comments can bring the said company into disrepute.

Julius, I agree with your comment upthread. If he had said that or something like "Actually Steven's roots DONT need doing and I think his hair looks gorgeous as it is", then none of this brouhaha would have happened. I think anyone called a dried up c*** has the right to be angry. We are talking about the world of scented candles, not Call of Duty!

He works in John Lewis it seems. No idea if on the floor or management. If it was reported to them bet he would be given the boot. Employers in many companies now like to check social media of staff and comments can bring the said company into disrepute.

During the 70 odd posts on FB I thought I read that someone had contacted JLP and talk of police as well.

I see today that Steven's Twatter page no longer exists. I assume that is the public one, not one which might be visible to people on Twatter? But he was a very busy guy on Twatter, and always gave the impression he loved the interaction with YC fans, so I can't believe he has abandoned the platform altogether. Still it must be ongoing fallout from Candlegate.

I see today that Steven's Twatter page no longer exists. I assume that is the public one, not one which might be visible to people on Twatter? But he was a very busy guy on Twatter, and always gave the impression he loved the interaction with YC fans, so I can't believe he has abandoned the platform altogether. Still it must be ongoing fallout from Candlegate.

Mazza, he's still on Twitter, he's just dropped the 'QVC' from his Twitter name

https://twitter.com/StevenCorfield_

I noticed that yesterday but it is just the Yankee one that no longer exists. If you just search for Steven Corfield Twitter, his is the 5th choice down & you will be greeted by his new updated page with photos of Steven & his friend Chuntley (she obviously can't miss the opportunity to grab the limelight in this whole drama) She put up a message yesterday saying she was out shopping with him & showed her shopping trolley in M & S containing a huge box of chocolates & 6 bottles of champagne. I don't think getting fat & drunk is going to help & I do hope that Christianne Wolff doesn't bump into her down the next aisle otherwise she'll be very disappointed with Catherine's choices lol. I'm not doubting their friendship at all but I just don't understand people who crave attention all the time.

Latest posts

Back