Yankee Candle guest decides to 'move on'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It looks to me like she's just supporting a friend who has ended up in a difficult situation because his husband has behaved really badly.

Guest presenting is probably quite a good gig. I doubt I'd do very well touting those candles for I'd be brutally honest: "Eugh, this one smells like Harpic toilet cleaner!" and: "Fresh Linen? More like Glade plug-in!"

So pictures of Catherine Huntley appear on Twitter of her supporting a friend at a difficult time and she's "grabbing the limelight."

If there was no sign of her, she'd be accused of being fickle and abandoning someone when they needed her most.

Give. The. Woman. A. Ruddy. Break.

So pictures of Catherine Huntley appear on Twitter of her supporting a friend at a difficult time and she's "grabbing the limelight."

If there was no sign of her, she'd be accused of being fickle and abandoning someone when they needed her most.

Give. The. Woman. A. Ruddy. Break.

Yes, and there's no reason why she shouldn't be his friend.

IMO it's fairly obvious that in using all the photos of Catherine on his Twitter page (they have each called the other their 'best friend' for a long time) and in tweeting:

"Looking forward to spending time with the people I love today @TheHuntley and my gorgeous family ❤In fact, I might just go wake her up! ☺"

Steven is emphasising that his friends are standing by him and that he loves his husband. He seems to be firmly holding up two fingers to QVC and the women who went after him - and I personally don't think "witch hunt" is too strong a term. Good for him, and good for Catherine for supporting him so visibly when in QVC Land that might be held against her. I'm not into candles and rarely watched Steven, but I wish him well.

I no longer watch QVC, or any shopping channel. I come on here, from time to time, just to catch up on life inside the bubble! I found out on fb, and looked into it, and Steven's partner was definitely in the wrong. What he said was spiteful, vitriolic, and used foul language. It is irrelevant, how he found out - trouble making - he ought to have thought about the consequences.Saying someone needs their roots done, is hardly insulting, rather observant.
I do not think the incident would have had too much of an impact upon Steven, but QVC and YC cannot risk being associated with any negativity.

Roots or not we are all jealous of his swishy hair, yes?

My 2p's worth on this:

SC's hubby has previous form in going after anyone who publicly insults (as he sees it) his partner; so whoever sent SC's hubby screenshots of the comments made in that closed group knew EXACTLY what she was doing, and that it would cause a reaction. Or even an over-reaction.

I'm not excusing what SC's hubby did then. The language was vile, and he turned a semi-public observation about his partner into WWIII. But, this reaction is what that lovely and fragrant woman wanted, and it then paid off even more for her as SC lost his role on QVC (either voluntarily or he was pushed). Either way, SC's hubby, known to be excessively volatile in "protecting" his partner, was manipulated into insulting QVC viewers and customers.

It takes a special kind of person to do something like that.

Maybe she did, but maybe she didn't. Maybe she just wanted a friend (in the way Twatter makes you feel friends) to know what was being said and had no idea he would react in such a nutjob way. I for one had no idea he had previous in this area.

But if Steven is in compete solidarity with his "excessively volatile" husband and doesn't think the women he insulted deserve an apology, he is not the man I thought he was. So was his nice persona just a facade? I hope not.

Maybe she did, but maybe she didn't. Maybe she just wanted a friend (in the way Twatter makes you feel friends) to know what was being said and had no idea he would react in such a nutjob way. I for one had no idea he had previous in this area.

But if Steven is in compete solidarity with his "excessively volatile" husband and doesn't think the women he insulted deserve an apology, he is not the man I thought he was. So was his nice persona just a facade? I hope not.

I agree, wether the woman in question knew the outcome or not of her actions, does not in anyway excuse what SC husband did, and let's face it that's were all this stems from, the buck stops at SCs foul mouthed, aggressive husband. SC never removed himself from the situation knowing his husband was in the wrong, and that's why his role as Yankee Candle ambassador had to end. I'm not a YK or SC fan, this is just my take on the situation.

Back in the last century before social media imagine the scenario: shop customer shows a letter to shop keeper and partner knowing (or not) that the partner has a short temper. Partner blows a gasket and hurls abuse including the C word at the letter's recipient in the shop in front of other customers - I reckon that's a public order offence (not my area of expertise) "threatening behaviour" or some such offence, not just towards the letter shower but to those who also heard the swearing? Could he use as a defence his belief that she showed them the letter to anger him knowing he had a short fuse? Hmmm..?

What if, instead of swearing he snatched the letter or slapped the letter holder? Would folk still blame the customer for his over-reaction?

I reckon Q's perspective was that a rapid conclusion was needed and most easily achieved by Steve leaving.

Now that Steven Corfield has gone I wonder if it means they're going to bring back that rather mumsy-looking large lady - the one who always looked like something out of a Victoria Wood sketch.

I fully agree with Akimbo`s post and I also believe if Steven had been a woman married to such a volatile, controlling and verbally aggressive man then all those people saying it was blown out of proportion and calling it a witch hunt would have been singing from a different song sheet. They would have been advising a trip to the nearest womens refuge, a restraining order and god knows what else. An abusive partner is an abusive partner whether that abuse is aimed at the spouse or anybody else and whether that marriage is 2 men, 2 women or one of each.

It has been said this particular person held a grudge against the private group and has spread tales before. So wanted to light the touch paper and stood back. Problem is she has now cost Steven his job, yet it seems is one of the loudest screaming a witch hunt against the two women being a little silly but thinking they where safe in a prvate group.

Lets be honest how many times on ST.com have we said AY's hair is a mess her roots are awful, she is shiny and has eye bags. JF awful eyebrows, hair looks greasy, Chuntly putting on losing weight hair colour etc. We have never ever been told we are evil ugly Cs. Saying someone's roots are showing and they swish their hair would not even cause a eye blink on here.

theres a saying on social media "dont feed the trolls". social media is alive with nasty folk and you have to just leave well alone. its sad that sc partner could not just rise above the nastiness...

Latest posts

Back