Yankee candle TSV 27/10/2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are they good value 24 candles for over 30 quid? - also being partly 'Retired' stock is that another name for product which never sold in sufficient volume to make it a worthwhile line to continue with?

Hmm there only good value for money if you like all 24 fragrances and if your going to give them away in the as gifts as the price has been bumped up purely do to the packaging.

The TSV is not for me, however I am aware my Mum is buying as she prefers samplers around Christmas time. I have purchased the set of the US Christmas large jars instead as they are fragrances I haven't had before.

The TSV is disappointing, so I have gone for the paradise three jar set on easy pay. Told hubby they just fell into my basket :Smile:

Well I love Yankee and think they smell delicious, but I have never EVER made the noise Charlie is currently treating us to. Dear heavens!

not worth the money and secondly the postage is a rip off. not a fan of samplers as sometimes the wicks are faulty.

Asda has a Christmas boxed set of 12 Yankee samplers for £10, but I can't remember what the fragrances were! Got too many samplers and jars I need to start using up before I buy anymore.

Next time I'm in town I'll pop into the YC shop and spend 6 quid on things I like the smell of and compared with the p&p for the TSV postage they'll be free right? Oh hang on that's a bit like Debbie Flint's reasoning! But you know what I mean!

craigs overselling has got worse since the greenwood/ballentine cull

Sadly I don't think it is just Craig. I reckon they have all drunk the Kool Aid after some mad American training courses because they all seem to shout, interrupt, act hyper and try to oversell these days. It is most peculiar!!!,

Sadly I don't think it is just Craig. I reckon they have all drunk the Kool Aid after some mad American training courses because they all seem to shout, interrupt, act hyper and try to oversell these days. It is most peculiar!!!,
Interesting, but when I watch video clips on qvc.com the presenters are so polite to the quests, not shouting, screeching, talking over guests etc and are pleasure to watch. Oh, and last but not least they are groomed: make up, hair, clothes.

Sales is a tough world, if your colleagues are getting the chop or reduced salaries its human nature to try harder.

(That said, I can't be doing with Craig)

Last edited:
You are spot on Marina, I was slightly embarrassed by Alison Young's excitable child-like behaviour in the recent shows filmed at QVC US. She was acting up in a way which would have elicited a "stop showing off!" from my older relatives when I was little! (remember that one? oh the ignominy of the "showing off comment!).
Their presenter and guests are more polished and professional in the clips and live feed I've watched on qvc.com.

Latest posts

Back