Yankee Candle TSV 9/5/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We are the masses though, and if so many of us here are getting fed up with the same old same old, it's odds on a large proportion of the viewers are. Surely they could show a selection of the most popular and still manage to fit in a few different fragrances.

i would have thought that they would sell more tsv's if each and every one had totally different fragrances in, they can sell the old favorites as hot picks at an introductory price, that way everyones happy!!!!

I too can't wait to see what it is, I was tempted by the TSV autodelivery & so wish I had ordered it now. Last time Yankee was on air I only ordered one thing & found the first Yankee fragrance I don't like - Black Cherry - which gives me awful headaches!

I am wondering if the whole scented candle bubble has burst.

We did the usual Brit Bank Holiday rounds of the garden centres, who usually devote huge floor space to Yankee and Colony products. I would say their space was reduced by 70% round here.

I hope everyone is ordering off our Darls instead !!

We are the masses though, and if so many of us here are getting fed up with the same old same old, it's odds on a large proportion of the viewers are. Surely they could show a selection of the most popular and still manage to fit in a few different fragrances.

It always make me laugh when Michaela talks about Yankee bringing out x amount of new fragrances a year. If I didn't shop elsewhere for my candles I'd assume Yankee only had about a dozen scents available.:dull:

Adding to the wish list of what QVC should sell, I would love to be able to buy boxes of assorted tarts with different themes. It would be great if they did a box of flower smelling tarts, fruity tarts, foodie tarts, fantasy fragrances etc. I don't want to get any more tart burners, just the tarts :happy:

Unfortunately as with so many of the ranges QVC do they always seem to stick time after time with the same boring items/fragrances. For example Philosophy - how many gorgeous looking shower gels do they do on the Philosophy website, yet QVC do diddly squat!! Hope In A Jar and the Graces every blinkin time, yawn yawn yawn.

Come on Yankee bring out a TSV with some of the new signature reed diffusers in the pretty bottles, or some new exclusive plug ins, not the ever same Clean Cotton, Fresh Cut Roses, Lavender - boring!!

I have never had the opportunity of visiting a store that actually sells Yankee Candles, so much admit to always purchasing online via Yankee Doodle or QVC. I am however going to America later on in the year, and am determined to visit a proper Yankee shop. Can't wait to see what is available in the States.

I have never had the opportunity of visiting a store that actually sells Yankee Candles, so much admit to always purchasing online via Yankee Doodle or QVC. I am however going to America later on in the year, and am determined to visit a proper Yankee shop. Can't wait to see what is available in the States.

loads more to choose from,you will save a few quid too
I bought snuffers to put out candles,air fresheners for cars,yankee hand gels and lip balms!!!!! large jars and reed diffusers,samplers and tarts too
they had a lovely new fragrance which was released there in Dec so we may get it one day,pineappple cilantro,like pina colada
just back from Boston where I spent an hour in the yankee shop much to husbands amusemant,when I got the bill it was £74,that got me tons of stuff
their shop was full to the rafters!!

Have really fallen in love with yankee candles. Hope this is a good tsv would love new smells. I must admit to buying from yankee doodle too. Off to Florida in September so will be visiting a yankee candle shop then cant wait.

Have really fallen in love with yankee candles. Hope this is a good tsv would love new smells. I must admit to buying from yankee doodle too. Off to Florida in September so will be visiting a yankee candle shop then cant wait.

If you're going to Orlando there is a store in the Florida Mall. I was a bit disappointed with it myself last time we went though as they did not have anything different to what we can get over here. I had visited Ulta (a cosmetics store on Sand Lake Road) earlier in the day and bought some lovely YC twisted jar candles (two fragrances mixed together) however the store itself didn't sell these! I've also heard that a chain of restaurants called Cracker Barrel sell YC in the States.

loads more to choose from,you will save a few quid too
I bought snuffers to put out candles,air fresheners for cars,yankee hand gels and lip balms!!!!! large jars and reed diffusers,samplers and tarts too
they had a lovely new fragrance which was released there in Dec so we may get it one day,pineappple cilantro,like pina colada
just back from Boston where I spent an hour in the yankee shop much to husbands amusemant,when I got the bill it was £74,that got me tons of stuff
their shop was full to the rafters!!

Hi queenie, was that theoriginal flagship store that you visited?

Thanks for the info i know where sandlake road is so will pay them a trip. We are staying in a vila which is near a cracker barrell so will look there too

Thanks

Hi queenie, was that theoriginal flagship store that you visited?

no Valm it was just over two hours drive away in South Deerfield,we did consider it but to be honest we thought we would try next time we go,it seemed a long way to take the kids
we went to a normal yankee shop and got a lot from tj maxx too
the ones in tjmaxx were really cheap,less than $10 a large jar,they also had loads of plug in refills and they had loads of different smells in those than we get here
my husband said he would drive to the flagship store but I said no,maybe next time eh ?!
they did have a few new fragrances over in the states and some older ones which we dont get here so much
one of my faves is splash of rain and I like granny smith too
I have bought the twisted ones before too over there they are nice too,I got some in New York a few years ago,one was am apple one with granny smith and mackintosh
they also had lip balms and hand sanitiser too in the yankee shop,a few nice snuffers too,for 3 dollars each
Jane x

Last edited:
Thanks for the info i know where sandlake road is so will pay them a trip. We are staying in a vila which is near a cracker barrell so will look there too

Thanks

Hi, just for further info Ulta is quite far down Sandlake Road nearer to Florida Mall than International Drive. It's on a shopping complex called Orlando Square. I bought loads of OPI from there when we last visited.

one of my faves is splash of rain
Jane x

Splash of Rain was one of the first fragrances that I bought from Boundary Mill. Am really liking the newer fresh fragrances though like Beautiful Day and Early Sunrise.

Can anyone tell me where to find Dahls and are they ok in the electric tart warmer. There used to be a link on the previous ST. thanks.

What an idiot, I have QVC forum on my favourites so I never see the main page, just looked and there she is. I would still like any info from someone who uses them.

Latest posts

Back