Yankee Candles - for QVC only

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

frenchie

Registered Shopper
So what does everyone think about the new 'only for QVC' labels on the housewarmer jars this weekend?

Personally, I like the traditional labels - they suit the style of the jars, the photo's are nice and bright, give a good indication of the scents, and they usually compliment the colour of the wax too. These new 'just for QVC' labels are too plain, and look like a cheap tacky sticker... and in my opinion make the jars look like bargain, end-of-day efforts.... but the standard price of £47 for 3 large jars indicates that QVC rate them equal to the regular Yankee Candle stock.

Stephen has been talking these up as being special, just for QVC... but why? If they are as good as the regular Yankee Candle housewarmer jars..... why give them special 'only for QVC' labels? Is QVC no longer good enough to get the nice labels any more?

Don't know about you, but I'm smelling a rat........ I don't think there's anything 'special' about these at all!

So what does everyone think about the new 'only for QVC' labels on the housewarmer jars this weekend?

Personally, I like the traditional labels - they suit the style of the jars, the photo's are nice and bright, give a good indication of the scents, and they usually compliment the colour of the wax too. These new 'just for QVC' labels are too plain, and look like a cheap tacky sticker... and in my opinion make the jars look like bargain, end-of-day efforts.... but the standard price of £47 for 3 large jars indicates that QVC rate them equal to the regular Yankee Candle stock.

Stephen has been talking these up as being special, just for QVC... but why? If they are as good as the regular Yankee Candle housewarmer jars..... why give them special 'only for QVC' labels? Is QVC no longer good enough to get the nice labels any more?

Don't know about you, but I'm smelling a rat........ I don't think there's anything 'special' about these at all!

basically they are USA Outlet ones that they have brought over thats all & that is how they are being described on the programms

By "US outlet" do they just mean a cheaper range, like Simply Home here? Steven insists the candle itself (the wax) is not in any way inferior.

I don't mind them but I think the current labels we have all got used to are nicer, yes. The labels remind me a bit of the ones on the Relaxing Rituals range they had a while back.

Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 18.45.23.jpg

The candles all seem to be "basic scents" (eg Lilac rather than Lilac Blossoms and Sweet Pea rather than Garden Sweet Pea). That set of three fruity ones they had on last night that I missed (not that I'm upset .... waaaaaaaaaa!) were just Cherry, Pineapple and Honeydew, even though the stupid Q website managed to describe them like ones from the main range: Black Cherry, Pineapple Cilantro and Honeydew Melon, and they are quite different apparently.

There's another set on the site now, again simply Lavender, Cotton and Sunrise (705677). These are full price though: £47.00 + £2.95.

basically its all simple names like the old artisan ones as all these names are old artisan names

that's cool, SCW, but in that case the introductory prices should be the regular price, because the labels make them look like a bargain range.

Rosa was saying yesterday that they're only available in one other place apart from QVC, and was trying to make out that they're made specially for QVC.

Well I ordered two sets (I know!!!) on the basis that they were a good price, even if you buy full price you might get a dud which has little smell, & I liked the Artisans which were as strong as the others IMO. However I do agree with some of the concerns raised here. I did not buy into the exclusivity being implied.... one US retailer and Q. It is not as if that US retailer is their equivalent of Harrods , it is Walmart or Walgreen. Both are cheap and cheerful IIRC so probably wanted a YC set at a price point their customers would accept. The labels do look cheap compared to the homemaker labels. However, having seen the horror that we are getting as the new YC label (see Wax Addicts, they are tiny and have an infantile font,) I decided to overlook that the artwork was a bit underwhelming. Plus when burning, I turn the label to the back, it is only when admiring my purchases I like the labels to look scrumptious.

I agree that based on the look of the sets and the possibly less sophisticated fragrances, the full Q price of £47 plus p&p is too high for this range. I would expect them to have the intro price as their full price.

There's another set on the site now, again simply Lavender, Cotton and Sunrise (705677). These are full price though: £47.00 + £2.95.

She's done it again!!!!! Led me astray!!! But luckily these are on at the full £47 so will only be tempted if they go to an event or OTO price. I did spot though that the underwhelming description on the website did state a few of the notes in each candle, so perhaps not as simple as we are dreading.

:mysmilie_59:

She's done it again!!!!! Led me astray!!! But luckily these are on at the full £47 so will only be tempted if they go to an event or OTO price. I did spot though that the underwhelming description on the website did state a few of the notes in each candle, so perhaps not as simple as we are dreading.

:blush:Sorry, Mazza - both for tempting you in again and that the price went up (not that that's my fault). I do wonder if they will be shown in tonight's show and be at the OTO price again. I'll try to watch.

How many new jars have you ended up with the past 2-3 days? I think it's great if they give you so much pleasure as they clearly do lots of us on here.

:blush:Sorry, Mazza - both for tempting you in again and that the price went up (not that that's my fault). I do wonder if they will be shown in tonight's show and be at the OTO price again. I'll try to watch.

How many new jars have you ended up with the past 2-3 days? I think it's great if they give you so much pleasure as they clearly do lots of us on here.
So far I have bought.....

The botanical duo which doesn't really count cos it is on advanced orders. :mysmilie_19:
The Home Sweet Home Portrait trio.
The Vineyard trio on AD.
So 8 so far....
My previous US specials AD is being processed as I write, I had forgotten about that!!
So 11 with that.....

That's all right, isn't it???

If they do this Portrait fresh collection cheap I shall get it though and that would be 14. That is not good, I know.

PS Lots of YC posts the last few days but nothing from Autum. I haven't seen her on here for ages. Hope she is OK.

The botanical duo which doesn't really count cos it is on advanced orders. :mysmilie_19:
The Vineyard trio on AD.
So 8 so far....
My previous US specials AD is being processed as I write, I had forgotten about that!!
So 11 with that.....

If they do this Portrait fresh collection cheap I shall get it though and that would be 14. That is not good, I know.

PS Lots of YC posts the last few days but nothing from Autum. I haven't seen her on here for ages. Hope she is OK.

I like your logic with regard to advance orders! And of course 11 is ok!

Oh yes, I forgot about the AD from the March TSV - I must check my account.

I think Autumn is out there somewhere. Give us a wave, Autumn.

well despite my grumpiness over the new labels, I have been tempted - I've ordered the set of 3 Exotic Spa candles, and the set of 2 Botanicals because they all sound lovely and summery - and it's nice to have scents that aren't easy to find here - at less than £15 for each jar, including postage! Happy days!

well despite my grumpiness over the new labels, I have been tempted - I've ordered the set of 3 Exotic Spa candles, and the set of 2 Botanicals because they all sound lovely and summery - and it's nice to have scents that aren't easy to find here - at less than £15 for each jar, including postage! Happy days!

I have had to make £15 my limit as well, otherwise I would go mad(der). It has helped me resist quite a few sets lately. Hope you enjoy the ones you have ordered.

Just taken delivery of mine and, sniffing them through my hay fever, they seem very nice! The Cozy Home, to which the presenters paid scant attention, is lovely and just like Home Sweet Home IMO. Lilac is a less heady version of Lilac Blossoms. Sweet Pea did not have a strong smell at all and seemed a bit generic, BUT it was not synthetic which I find Garden Sweet Pea to be.

I thought the labels were OK! They have a shiny finish, not matte as they looked to me onscreen, and do not look like a cheap range as they did a bit in the studio. So I would certainly buy the range again (at the intro price!).

Just taken delivery of mine and, sniffing them through my hay fever, they seem very nice! The Cozy Home, to which the presenters paid scant attention, is lovely and just like Home Sweet Home IMO. Lilac is a less heady version of Lilac Blossoms. Sweet Pea did not have a strong smell at all and seemed a bit generic, BUT it was not synthetic which I find Garden Sweet Pea to be.

I thought the labels were OK! They have a shiny finish, not matte as they looked to me onscreen, and do not look like a cheap range as they did a bit in the studio. So I would certainly buy the range again (at the intro price!).

Mine came today too. I agree with your "first sniff" impressions. The smells are not very powerful (not necessarily a bad thing) so I wonder how they will throw when burning. I think I'll light one later to see and report back. I look forward to hearing what others find.

Given that these are apparently 'USA Outlet' candles, thus they can be sold as 'exclusive' (or telly spiel), then I do honestly think it is 'milking', as they are selling the candles at the same price as the 'non-outlet' candles, when in reality they are probably only about 1/2 the price. So given that they are marked up for retail pricing anyway, these 'outlet' candles probably only cost around £5 to make (if that), so imagine how much money Q is making (yet again), on the back of people's loyality. They seem to be doing this more and more now with various brands, seemingly surreptitiously and then obviously raking in the money. I have suspicions that Yong Kim, Tigneollo (sp) handbags, amongst others are kinda exclusive to Q thus they rake in the money. Though I suppose at the end of the day if people buy then they will sell, suppose that is what is called commerce!

The Vineyard trio on AD.
So 8 so far....
So 11 with that.....

Must be very 'smelly' in your house!:mysmilie_48:

Last edited:
The Yankee Candle outlet stores in Florida are very cheap compared to these QVC prices - I've bought a few medium jars for $7 (£5) each and 3 wick for $9 (£6.50).

The Yankee Candle outlet stores in Florida are very cheap compared to these QVC prices - I've bought a few medium jars for $7 (£5) each and 3 wick for $9 (£6.50).

Yes, they are great aren't they? I always stock up when I go to Florida. We went to Pittsburgh last year & I came home with about 8 large jars & think we only spent about £40.

Latest posts

Back