Yong kim fashion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RomanGirl

Registered Shopper
Hi
What are your thoughts on this range? Expensive, value for money? Some of it, especially the dresses,reminds me very strongly of Joe Brown's designs.
RG

This is VILE!

It's like a loose nappy. Who in their right mind would pay £90 for this?

Joe Brown Style Icon!

Couldn't resist!

Jude xx

Attachments

• joebrown.jpg
    joebrown.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 171
This is VILE!

It's like a loose nappy. Who in their right mind would pay £90 for this?

It's a joke!
Absolutely hideous!
Who are these people who "design" such utter rubbish?
Bring them to me & I'll smack 'em.

It's awful, definitely not to my taste at all. However, I do appreciate some folk might like it. The prices are jawdroppingly expensive.

I adore Joe Browns clothing - but find sometimes the style,material,fit and quality are so varied between the range.I think Yong kim's stuff is the same - I don't own any - but somethings I would wear - others I wouldn't pay 99p for.

The range really caught my eye last time round when Anne was wearing it.It looked lovely on her.Had the two items she'd been wearing, had been on easy pay,I would have been sorely tempted.As it happens I did go fora cardigan that was easy pay,as I really want to try a piece.

There are some items on ebay - but I do want to try from QVC for their 30 MBG,as its got a lot to live up to,for that price.

Not my cup of tea either ..in any case you have to be slim to carry that kind of `style` off I think if you are `well rounded` lol like me size 14/16 you need more fitted clothes as I think it looks more slimming than big baggy things...I do think they are over priced too ..it was an hour of the same old over used cliches(sp) ...I don`t think they ever really thing about what they are actually saying they just copy the same old hash that has been said a thousand times before!!
The guest added nothing to the hour either ...has Mrs Tarrent got a background in fashion? I feel unless they are an `expert` they should just leave it to the presenter !!

I don't like the nappy skirt, but I do like some of the things. And at a curvy 18/20 I would definitely wear it and actually do often wear similar pieces. I haven't got anything from the range for two reasons. Well three really. One ... I couldn't be sure I would get my boobs in any of the tops as they only go up to an 18 and I am usually pushing a 20 in a top. Two ... a lot of the colours are a what I would call neutrals or primary colours like blue and red. Now I like neutrals but I don't ever wear blue or red. I prefer brighter or warmer colours. And three ... its flipping expensive even compared to the more expensive similar options on the high street like Sahara. TK Maxx do a good line in this style of clothing by a company called N&L and CodeCodeCode is similar but might have patterns or frilly bits. N&L is the most similar and tops come in at around £17 or less at TK Maxx.

I do love the uppy downy hemmed tunic tops with leggings and boots and is something that is a well loved look in Tinkerbelle Towers.

I would also like to say if you aren't a skinny minnie, it can still work for you but you have to get a great fit around the shoulders and boobs and beautiful fabric that drapes well or it doesn't work as well.

I wear loads of Yong Kim, and am deeply grateful to la Q for offering the range. Some of the things look awful on me (size 16 at present), so I've learned to avoid stuff with higher necks or clingier bodices, or indeed the crinkle fabric. However, other things are lovely - great fabric (she uses viscose/modal, where Joe Brown tends to use polyester or cotton), fantastic quirky hemlines, and very, very comfy. Everything I've bought washes well, and never needs to be ironed, which is a huge plus. I don't like the neon blues and reds, but the sludgy colours are perfect! I've bought a few similar quirky pieces from La Redoute, and liked them, but they've never lasted the way the Yong Kim things have.

Looks like you could wear this skirt in many ways: upside down, inside out, shift it round to have the lowest parts on the side, tuck it in your pants, wear it over your head. I think the last option would be the best.

Latest posts

Back