QVC US Laying off 900 staff

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

how absolutely awfull. i hope that nothig like that happens to qvc uk. now i know why there are so many easypays. things must be really bad. love qvc.

I think it will only be a matter of time, as I signed on this week and there is hardly any jobs going the lady who was dealing with my application said there was only one retail job and that was for Primark for 4 hours on a Saturday at min wage, she said other than that they have had no retail jobs since September and have had loads of travel agents and estate agents signing on.

It is looking very bleak at the moment can't see it getting any better in the new year either.

Its only a matter of time before QVC UK have to lay staff off too due to people having less money to spend.

You can understand the economics behind the decision, but I hope that they leave enough staff to serve the customer properly and don't leave a few staff having to do their own and two or three other peoples jobs.

who will be first to go

So when the Credit Crunch reaches Battersea Towers which presenter is going to be chucked out of the balloon first ? My vote goes to McDreary ( lineman for the county ! la la la ) I think he should sacrifice himself !:53:

Glen Campbell . Didn't you recognise his song ? :1::1: I just think his voice is so boring .

i think simon is even worse than him. he really tries to be interested in the products but you can tell he really isnt. no real job satifaction there.
mind you you can tell that glen campbell really hates the clothes. he looks as if he does not want to even touch there ghastlyness.

Yes it's a hard job deciding between those 2 . :33: I can't say I'd miss either of 'em .

Hmmm . That's only fair but there are a few much worse than him don't you think ? Whose voice makes you mute the sound ? :21:

leave craig alone at least he tries ........sometimes a little too hard but at least he is keen.lol
i think that jill franks should disappear she is.... anyway literally. poor thing

Hmmm . That's only fair but there are a few much worse than him don't you think ? Whose voice makes you mute the sound ? :21:

Alison Young - we always mute when she is on.

But I also think Craig to go - I have to actually switch off when he is on, not just mute.

:zip:

Alison Young has got to stay . She is my secret weapon . When I am fed up with the OH I put AY on :32: to get my own back . This really gets to him like nothing else . :59:

Alison Young has got to stay . She is my secret weapon . When I am fed up with the OH I put AY on :32: to get my own back . This really gets to him like nothing else . :59:

Thats just pure evil that is lol

You don't seriously think that if there are to be people laid off at QVC that they'd start with the presenters do you? It will be the poor people at the bottom of the ladder who would be first to go. The last people to join the company who wouldn't have to be paid off so much redundancy money. Having worked in two firms who are now laying staff off, it unfortunately is always the people on the floor who work the hardest who are the first to go. The management usually sit pretty at the top for longest as they cost more to get rid of.
Miriam in trade union leader mode!

sadly to say i agree with you miriam. i suspect that those losing thier jobs in the states are the warehouse staff,call centre and the packing will lose out.
the middle class wages that the presenters get will be protected first.

Latest posts

Back