Freebies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We are like dogs with a bone and won’t let it go!

I think we should now call them out not only for their greediness but also their ability to be economical with the truth and take us for fools! Not us I can assure them, we are too wise to their shannigians and know them far too well.

We are like dogs with a bone and won’t let it go!

I think we should now call them out not only for their greediness but also their ability to be economical with the truth and take us for fools! Not us I can assure them, we are too wise to their shannigians and know them far too well.
I bet they've got some names for us!

it really does not bother me that they get freebies tbh
You are lucky that you are comfortable with it. It bothers me intensely. It wouldn’t if it was the occasional samples but that’s not how it works. It is hundreds of £££ per week simply for their benefit and greed. So honestly, it bothers me and in my opinion reflects very badly on them. If I worked in an organisation where that was going on I would highlight and address it however unpopular it would be.

I also see it as a form of payment and it should be declared to HMRC who should make the decision on whether these massive perks should be taxed. If the outcome is that tax should be paid and should have been paid all these years then as someone who quite rightly has paid and continues to pay huge sums every year it does bother me a great deal.

There are plenty of refuges, women, homeless etc that would welcome all those products filling presenters homes. That’s where they should be going. I am sick of their faces in blogs holding up their new possessions. If they are buying them they should be doing so at a set and disclosed discount. That would be acting in an honest way. Without full disclosure I will continue to suspect a few pounds are exchanged.

On 10th February Debbie Flint posted about an appeal for emergency parcels for women escaping domestic abuse. She says This is urgent - can women count on your help? It takes two minutes.

You really couldn’t make it up. She is such a great organiser and charity ambassador. Maybe she should mobilise her colleagues to look around their homes and gather the multiple freebies and make truck loads of emergency parcels. Maybe that’s where all the potential freebies should go because none of them need them. Maybe she should start closer to home and then accelerate her campaign. Many would be happy to help those in need.

it really does not bother me that they get freebies tbh
You are lucky that you are comfortable with it. It bothers me intensely. It wouldn’t if it was the occasional samples but that’s not how it works. It is hundreds of £££ per week simply for their benefit and greed. So honestly, it bothers me and in my opinion reflects very badly on them. If I worked in an organisation where that was going on I would highlight and address it however unpopular it would be.

I also see it as a form of payment and it should be declared to HMRC who should make the decision on whether these massive perks should be taxed. If the outcome is that tax should be paid and should have been paid all these years then as someone who quite rightly has paid and continues to pay huge sums every year it does bother me a great deal.

There are plenty of refuges, women, homeless etc that would welcome all those products filling presenters homes. That’s where they should be going. I am sick of their faces in blogs holding up their new possessions. If they are buying them they should be doing so at a set and disclosed discount. That would be acting in an honest way. Without full disclosure I will continue to suspect a few pounds are exchanged.

On 10th February Debbie Flint posted about an appeal for emergency parcels for women escaping domestic abuse. She says This is urgent - can women count on your help? It takes two minutes.

You really couldn’t make it up. She is such a great organiser and charity ambassador. Maybe she should mobilise her colleagues to look around their homes and gather the multiple freebies and make truck loads of emergency parcels. Maybe that’s where all the potential freebies should go because none of them need them. Maybe she should start closer to home and then accelerate her campaign. Many would be happy to help those in need.

Evie, that’s absolutely true. Kindness, compassion and generosity are three things QVC and their shop assistants will sadly never posses, they will accept these freebies wether they need them or not, just because they can.

boffy, as a QVC customer you pay for those freebies, it’s one of the reasons the goods are so high and the postage extortionate. I don’t shop with them anymore but if I did, I would probably take offence at buying Chuntley her new Dyson hairdryer and Fibby Flint her Le Cruset pans, or Simon Dairylee a new £1000 TV, or his £500 Dyson fan, but let’s be honest fans are one thing Mr Dairylee is in short supply of.

I have decided that I detest Freebie Flint, this sentence, about The Bay, was written by the person who penned the delights of The Hawaiian Trilogy & was an extra in an episode of Midsomer Murders. :

'Anyway, although the script is a little bit clunky (‘on the nose’, as they will say) and some of the acting a tiny bit hammy, I’m enjoying it a lot. Our lovely fashion guest Kerry Farrell is actually one of the minor roles playing the chief‘s wife, so look out for her!'

I recently posted about the way Ruthie described Claire (model) saying how she loved the way Claire 'embraced' her curves & Flinty is just as condescending using the word minor. Toxic.

Yes Twilight I feel like that about her too. How can someone love themselves like she does and know everything?
I laughed earlier today. She posted a photo of her face, as she does, on her instagram showing the Zookie marine collagen. One of the comments tells her it’s not a good look and that she looks like she is sucking a lemon. I wonder how long that comment stays there. She won’t be happy because she thinks she is quite a looker. I assume that because a close up of her face is always in the corner.
I see from her recent blog that two more members of the Flint clan are doing their bit as volunteers at the vaccination centre. I do hope that like Debbie they get their Covid vaccine. I have a few friends, in their Seventies, who are still waiting for theirs and they won’t be too pleased.

I have decided that I detest Freebie Flint, this sentence, about The Bay, was written by the person who penned the delights of The Hawaiian Trilogy & was an extra in an episode of Midsomer Murders. :

'Anyway, although the script is a little bit clunky (‘on the nose’, as they will say) and some of the acting a tiny bit hammy, I’m enjoying it a lot. Our lovely fashion guest Kerry Farrell is actually one of the minor roles playing the chief‘s wife, so look out for her!'

I recently posted about the way Ruthie described Claire (model) saying how she loved the way Claire 'embraced' her curves & Flinty is just as condescending using the word minor. Toxic.

That’s hilarious, Ma Flint, a legend in her own lunchtime, thinks she’s a film critic, a book critic and a retreat critic, yes the woman who can’t act, can’t write and can’t run a boreding (I know what I mean) house.........honestly there is simply no beginning to this woman’s talents.

How many times do you need to use face and body gloop to be able to rave about it? Some of the brands have been on Q since pussy was a kitten so not a brand new product which needs to be tried out.

Vegan/vegetarian presenters can quite happily do the hard sell on non v items so do they actually need samples? The tat peddlers can flog anything. so don’t need a single freebie never mind all getting every dammed product to keep.

The really interesting bit is how many of the things end up with family or even worse flogged?
The vegetarian thing has always bugged me - how can Julia stand there and justify selling something tested on animals or a pair of fluffy slippers made out of sheepskin. As vegetarian it really annoys me, especially when they are going on a super soft buttery leather. It would be like me working for L'Oreal or Decleor. Either stand up for what you believe in and opt out for those shows or stop showboating your values. You can't have it both ways

Ok, so I suppose QVC will justify the freebies by the cop out of the presenters need to test the product. So then WHY are the ‘celebs’ given them too? I’ve heard Ruth comment that she has been given skin care, and also Amanda Holden said once she had received a hamper full of skin care products. Some time ago when Elemis did a ‘big’ TSV ( it may have been a Christmas one or something) everyone and their dog seemed to get one, and were filmed opening theirs, including AH! Why on earth did she get one? Now it’s highly unlikely that Amanda or Ruth or any of the other celebs are going to be hosting a skincare show is it?
Celebs are influencers and often sent free products and get paid for promoting them. It's "free" advertising for companies. All the big online companies do it

The vegetarian thing has always bugged me - how can Julia stand there and justify selling something tested on animals or a pair of fluffy slippers made out of sheepskin. As vegetarian it really annoys me, especially when they are going on a super soft buttery leather. It would be like me working for L'Oreal or Decleor. Either stand up for what you believe in and opt out for those shows or stop showboating your values. You can't have it both ways
Her hours with Dennis Basso were always interesting. She didn’t appear troubled that his main income was from trading in furs and skins. She would stand there all coquettish, flicking her hair and modelling his faux fur fashions hoping she would get a freebie. Always in size small but most viewers knew that his size small was let’s say very generous.

But they are already getting paid (handsomely) to sell them whether the have used them or not. They lie through their teeth anyway so a bit of creative gushing is all that is required.

How likely is it that the males will ever use that menopause thing they are flogging today yet they can happily sell them.

What is annoying us more is that thousand pound beds and TVs find their way into their homes never to see the light of day again.

You can see it now when dealing out the shifts..........

“Chuntley are you busy on the fourteenth’?
“what’s the TSV”?
“A mop and bucket”
“Ahh no sorry I’m busy that day Tommy’s trimming my bush”
“Oh ok, Debbie are you busy”?
“I was going to write a slutty novel tomorrow night but it only takes me ten minutes, go on then put me down for the fourteenth, fifteenth, sixteenth, seventeenth.........”
“Whoa ok Debbie, give our Craigy a chance, he hasn’t had a freebie for two days”

Yep, it’s all about the freebies.

Latest posts

Back