Freebies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wouldn’t buy these personal care items because I don’t trust that I wouldn’t get a returned one. They have no respect for their customers or their safety. It was a long time ago but they did send me some earrings with blood on them. Luckily I would never have tried them on without a thorough inspection,
That is appalling, in fact that's a health & safety issue, I hope you got a full apology & compensation.

That is appalling, in fact that's a health & safety issue, I hope you got a full apology & compensation.
I know, dreadful. It was some time ago but I remember I was reimbursed but not compensated. I had a much busier life then and I was happy not to have tried them on and happy that I had at least raised the issue and hopefully heightened their awareness. If it had happened now they would have really regretted their oversight and poor practice.
From my experience assume everything is a return. If it has 2 bar codes on the inside packaging then it is a return. Give it a good wash if you want to keep it. I suppose a TSV bought on the day it is presented has a good chance of being new. What a way to carry on though!

Julia on now. Some shower gel on and she tells Andrew from Gatineau that she is just coming to the end of that product. Disgraceful. Open your purse and buy it Julia.
That’s really not on. I know Jill Franks has done this in the past - don't watch enough to know if it’s commonplace. I accept that behind the scenes it probably goes on all the time, whenever a presenter is running out of something, but to be so blatant in front of paying customers, no, it’s just sickening. They do it in a jokey way so if anyone has a go at them, they can say, “Oh, I’m only teasing”. But all the while they hope/know they have a little pressie already on the way as a result of their “teasing“ (aka ”massive hint“ or “brazen blagging”).

Why didn't she buy it whole working? She's done it before. L'Occi four small yellow pots of face cream. Alex was a bit flabbergasted, had to handle the show one handed for a few minutes. She was definitely flying off script. It was a long while back but flames. Not sure what is worse begging for freebies, or doing your personal shopping on half a programme. Showed the lack of prep for the programme. The level of tackyness was dreadful. Her crown as Queen Q totally slipped that day.

She didn’t even disguise it as a joke. They apparently all want it at home, “ there’s 4 of us at the moment and it’s not just him”. l take it she is referring to the husband.
Howevaaaaa, she added that they are given products to try and write blogs about them. Please excuse the bold font but I have to do it.

QVC presenters and bosses. The fact that your salespeople are given samples, freebies, call them what you like, does NOT help your customers. It benefits those receiving them and their families, sorry Mr Roberts I know you love that shower gel.

The guests are there for the detailed information. The salespeople are there to represent us, the customers, to ask questions on our behalf. There is a huge sample of us, your customers, who will be happy to report to you that filling presenters’ homes with expensive items like Dysons, Ninjas, gym equipment, electrical products, beauty products, skin care, footwear, Le Creuset etc and them writing blogs, producing vlogs DOES NOT HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS. Greedy presenters are the only beneficiaries.

How has seeing Craigie or Miceal using their sample Theragun all over their body helped us? It’s helped me not to buy. They appear with the guest asking questions as if they know nothing about the product. Proving they don’t need a £320 Freebie. Yes, Freebie. What are they going to do with it?

She didn’t even disguise it as a joke. They apparently all want it at home, “ there’s 4 of us at the moment and it’s not just him”. l take it she is referring to the husband.
Howevaaaaa, she added that they are given products to try and write blogs about them. Please excuse the bold font but I have to do it.

QVC presenters and bosses. The fact that your salespeople are given samples, freebies, call them what you like, does NOT help your customers. It benefits those receiving them and their families, sorry Mr Roberts I know you love that shower gel.

The guests are there for the detailed information. The salespeople are there to represent us, the customers, to ask questions on our behalf. There is a huge sample of us, your customers, who will be happy to report to you that filling presenters’ homes with expensive items like Dysons, Ninjas, gym equipment, electrical products, beauty products, skin care, footwear, Le Creuset etc and them writing blogs, producing vlogs DOES NOT HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS. Greedy presenters are the only beneficiaries.

As "freebie ism" seems to be part and parcel of the presenter's job nowadays, they're hardly gonna say No, I'm not going to take that Dyson home because it doesn't benefit the customer and it's not fair". They're obviously obliged to write about it, show pictures of them using the products and grinning like ninnies. Q clearly think that in this age of "influencers", you tubers and bloggers that this is the way to go - but for some reason, they cannot see that it's not the same, not the same at all. The influencers don't work for the companies who's goods they're reviewing, so they have nothing to lose in giving a honest review, not only that the influencers are far more "out there" - More people will see "Olivia the influencer" wearing a Zara coat, on her blog, on SM, in magazines than Debbie flint wearing a pair of frumpy old vionics and a Centrigrade coat in a pic hidden at the bottom of Q's website.
It is annoying to see pics of them smugly opening all their goodies, but I don't think they're really to blame. The powers that be at Q need to get it into their thick skulls that giving presenters free stuff will result in fake reviews that can be taken with a pinch of salt - you can bet your life they're not allowed to say anything negative, and seeing stuff in their homes, on their backs isn't going to help the customer one iota - it alienates customers and is rather vulgar and inappropriate in these times. Maybe a few of the presenters have questioned this practice..we'll never get to know?
This company is rotten to the core!

You are right, they are not going to turn them down but it’s the greedy way with which they grab them and show off that is so detestable. But worse than that is the belief that they think they can fool us. Thy should not alienate their customers, neither the organisation nor their sales staff will benefit in the end.

You are right, they are not going to turn them down but it’s the greedy way with which they grab them and show off that is so detestable. But worse than that is the belief that they think they can fool us. Thy should not alienate their customers, neither the organisation nor their sales staff will benefit in the end.

That'll learn 'em!

How has seeing Craigie or Miceal using their sample Theragun all over their body helped us? It’s helped me not to buy. They appear with the guest asking questions as if they know nothing about the product. Proving they don’t need a £320 Freebie. Yes, Freebie. What are they going to do with it?

I agree with you about Q Sales Staff having freebies. The more who said they had something the less I was likely to buy.

I remember watching Craig several years ago pour what seemed an extraordinary amount of SBC bath stuff and commented on the number of bubbles. You could have put anything into water at that ratio and had bubbles. As it happened I had used that product within an hour, I don't like bubble bath usually but had used it as bubble bath that time - I was well aware of the bubbles or lack of. If I had free products I'd probably pour loads. If something doesn't produce bubbles with the soft water here then it ain't going to get bubbles anywhere.

One idea with freebies of lotions, why can't they get sample bottles? And if they have been there long enough they will know the product and its size, so getting a full TSV of 500ml bottles not necessary.

They could all have a portfolio of each brand with the products. They could even have a paper copy so can easily annotate. Of course they might need an iPad-endectomy but no harm there.

Latest posts

Back