I am confused

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We weren't able to book a second jab online and have to wait to be contacted. If we don't get one by the 18th April we are past 12 weeks so what will that mean?
I can remember you writing that you had been contacted about your first appointment so I'd get back to them & ask when you're going to get a date for the second one. I know that this has been a huge undertaking but your names will be in the system & it shouldn't take much to keep you informed.

I loathe this bumptious woman, her 'sneaky peek' irritates me beyond description & as for that smug face looming out of every photo... :mad:

We've had the year from Hell & the limitations on our lives will continue for quite some time so I don't care how many people I upset when I point out they're not following the rules I've stuck to since last March - my Mr T says I'll punched one of the days.

One rule for us & a different one for the likes of her.
Over the past few weeks I've told a man showing people in to be vaccinated that he didn't have his mask on properly & said he made me feel nervous, he had it just over his mouth, he then put it over his nose too but I could see he wasn't happy. I've also told two Sainsbury's delivery drivers that they didn't have their masks on properly either, again just over their mouths, they too then put them on properly but didn't seem offended. I will continue to do this because I've been sticking rigidly to the rules and I'm scared, simple as that. If I offend somebody then so be it. I'm not rude, I even tend to say it in a jokey way (even though being jokey about it is the last thing I feel like doing) I wish people would just do the right thing!

We weren't able to book a second jab online and have to wait to be contacted. If we don't get one by the 18th April we are past 12 weeks so what will that mean?
As I have already posted we weren’t able to book a second jab and when I asked about it at the vaccination centre they said they couldn’t give us a date but to wait to be contacted. We had our first vaccine on 28th January so the second dose is not due yet. I decided to call 119 to find out a bit more. After a lot of options i finally got through to a pleasant lady who advised me to call back at 12 weeks if I had not been contacted and she would book me for the 2nd dose. What alarmed was was that she said that 119 and the NHS website only books the AstraZeneca vaccine. I hope that she is wrong because a few family members have had the same experience, not having a second dose date. I had the AZ but they have had the Pfizer. Our GP has an automated telephone message saying not to call them to ask about second doses.

To think I started this thread confused about Debbie Flint’s hair and now I really have something to worry about!

Last edited:
I think the time between jabs is moveable depending on availability and the corresponding politics

Before we started it was to be 6 weeks and then it moved to 10 and for some 12 and others god knows when.

Hard to know if it’s better to get everyone done with one and phase the second in or to do a certain amount of population with both , also can different brands be mixed? I think it’s a case of suck it and see which is partly understandable as we haven’t had any experience of this.

I think the time between jabs is moveable depending on availability and the corresponding politics

Before we started it was to be 6 weeks and then it moved to 10 and for some 12 and others god knows when.

Hard to know if it’s better to get everyone done with one and phase the second in or to do a certain amount of population with both , also can different brands be mixed? I think it’s a case of suck it and see which is partly understandable as we haven’t had any experience of this.
I read a report earlier this week that said mixing Pfizer & AstraZeneca wasn't a problem & may even be more effective.

All the government experts contradict each other depending on what they are told to say.

As people have said, if the scientists who made the vaccine tell this is how it should be done then that should be the end of it. So it was 3-4 weeks, but because there was no way they would be able to manufacture enough vaccine the moved the goal posts. They had to outsource manufacture to other countries and now that has hit a large bump.

Hancock is a moron has no idea half the time what is going on. I call him confused.com.

All the government experts contradict each other depending on what they are told to say.

As people have said, if the scientists who made the vaccine tell this is how it should be done then that should be the end of it. So it was 3-4 weeks, but because there was no way they would be able to manufacture enough vaccine the moved the goal posts. They had to outsource manufacture to other countries and now that has hit a large bump.

Hancock is a moron has no idea half the time what is going on. I call him confused.com.
I have a cardboard mask of 'Hand2coq', bought from eBay & described as 'glum', actually he looks gormless. It's on the wall in our pantry, I've covered it in graffiti & this very immature behaviour made me feel better last year after the deaths of my niece & a friend's husband.

I think they are looking onto the mixing of different vaccines at the moment, but I don’t know when the trials will be complete and when the results will be in.
So it is possible, that in time, the advice will be mixing doses will be fine depending on the efficacy, and maybe even beneficial.
We will probably be getting a booster vaccine in the autumn anyway.
I don‘t have a second dose date yet, but I know if you were called to book on the NHS app, they you could book your second dose at the same time.
I am also moving 250 miles in early April, so need to register with a new Dr, but have been told that it’s all on the system, so my new GP will sort it.

According to the news, the delay is due to a hold up in the production of the vaccine in India.

What I think is dreadful is that so many countries have stopped giving the Astra Zeneca one because a small handful of people, out of millions, have experienced blood clots which may well have happened without a vaccination. The risk from a blood clot is far less than the risk of getting the virus. Presumably those doses will now go to waste.

Yet now, the EU is bleating on about not having the vaccines and pointedly saying that the U.K. should send some to them whilst threatening to stop the export of vaccine produced over there.

I voted to remain but I’m now glad we’ve left the EU. They were too slow to start their vaccination programmes and now they’re throwing their toys out of the pram. 😳

I had the Pfizer vaccine but if the EU hold those back then I’d be quite happy to have one of the others when I’m called for my second jab.
I feel the same.
The politicking over vaccines, and especially the Oxford Astra-Zeneca one is a disgrace. It's not just the EU at it, though... I can't help wondering if Oxford Astra-Zeneca hadn't pledged to supply at cost for the duration of the pandemic, making it both the cheapest and the hardest to profiteer from, would it have become so targeted. We don't hear as much about any negative side effects for the other more profit based vaccines, and you can bet they have had similar issues.

Confusion again. Some have said you can mix brands but an expert a few days ago said you mustn’t.🤷‍♀️
I would want to know more about the expert's involvement with the vaccination programme and the trials being done on combining vaccines to give their words their true weight.
The thirst for news from the media seems to mean they are contacting anybody who works in likely fields in industry or mainly academia. Those people are sometimes mute when the media overstates their position to make them seem more authoritative. Even former members of SAGE are less credible if they haven't been part of it since long before covid.
What concerns me is that yet again the media is being lazy and irresponsible too often. They don't fact check the experts the way they do politicians or challenge them. They don't even review what they have said against what other scientists have said.
Given that peer review is the gold standard for results of any scientific or medical research, it seems reckless to present a cacophony of conflicting voices without trying to resolve them into more coherent advice.

So why are the likes of Davina and Holly and the American actress advertising doing their own hair colouring???

Don't get me started! I watch This Morning every day (record it and whizz through but do like the medical segments) and have noticed Holly's had her roots done this week. At home or at the salon I have no idea but her hair hasn't looked nice for a long time (pre-Covid). It's always brassy and unflattering. They showed a clip of her from several years ago when her colour was so much better IMO. I can't understand how she doesn't notice and go back to her old colour.

Says the woman with too many inches of grey re-growth because I'm way past doing it myself and enlisting Mr. AE would end in disaster.

The COVID-19 vaccine it seems they started developing something way back when SARS outbreak happened. It turned out to be not as bad as expected.

Russia has their own vaccine and China has developed their own one too.

I don't watch this morning but noticed on dancing on ice when they showed clips of only a few years back how much Holly has changed. She looks a lot older and as said brassy hair colour. But she is a heavy smoker it seems and loves her drink, so that could take a toll on her skin.

European countries are moving into the 3rd lockdown. So I doubt people booking holidays will be getting away this year.

The COVID vaccine it seems they started developing something way back when SARS outbreak happened. It turned out to be not as bad as expected.

Russia has their own vaccine and China has developed their own one too.

I don't watch this morning but noticed on dancing on ice when they showed clips of only a few years back how much Holly has changed. She looks a lot older and as said brassy hair colour. But she is a smoker and loves her drink, so that could take a toll on her skin.

Well, you've shocked me. I thought she was squeaky clean and would never have done anything as rebellious as smoking.

China has developed at least 2 vaccines. Other countries that have developed or are developing their own include Cuba and Iran, who both have issues due to US sanctions, India and I believe Brazil is too. There isn't enough reporting on how many and what type, in my view...
I think the Oxford Astra-Zeneca and the back-to-the-drawing-board GSK-Sanofi ones are the only ones with UK input.
Before the end of this year we should have production capacity for 2 other vaccines apart from Oxford Astra-Zeneca.

I can't understand why the scientists developing the vaccine weren't taken seriously as it was pretty obvious that something like this was going to happen somewhere along the line.

I read an article yesterday stating the WHO is getting ready to make a statement that Covid came from the 'wildlife farms' that breed pangolins, bamboo rats and several other wild species specifically to take to the wet markets. They've found it's come from bats originally and has jumped due to the conditions these wild animals are being kept in.

A no-brainer (if true). According to the article, the Chinese government issued instructions to the farmers last February on how to destroy and burn the farmed animals to prevent further outbreaks. Stable door and bolted springs to mind... unless it's a cover-up.

I read another article last year about how the poorer farmers were turning to wildlife farming for these wet markets as the animals, particularly bamboo rats, are so easy to breed and produce more profit and quick turnovers.

There's little education for the poorer people in these countries (I believe their governments like to keep their people this way - knowledge is power and lack of it keeps them under the thumb) and their traditions are very hard to break, especially in the older generations. I'm actually surprised foot-binding was brought to a halt. While we still have men that believe their virility/long-life/luck is linked to eating the body parts of wild animals we're fighting a losing battle and need to be prepared for more outbreaks like this.

I can't understand why the scientists developing the vaccine weren't taken seriously as it was pretty obvious that something like this was going to happen somewhere along the line.

I read an article yesterday stating the WHO is getting ready to make a statement that Covid came from the 'wildlife farms' that breed pangolins, bamboo rats and several other wild species specifically to take to the wet markets. They've found it's come from bats originally and has jumped due to the conditions these wild animals are being kept in.

A no-brainer (if true). According to the article, the Chinese government issued instructions to the farmers last February on how to destroy and burn the farmed animals to prevent further outbreaks. Stable door and bolted springs to mind... unless it's a cover-up.

I read another article last year about how the poorer farmers were turning to wildlife farming for these wet markets as the animals, particularly bamboo rats, are so easy to breed and produce more profit and quick turnovers.

There's little education for the poorer people in these countries (I believe their governments like to keep their people this way - knowledge is power and lack of it keeps them under the thumb) and their traditions are very hard to break, especially in the older generations. I'm actually surprised foot-binding was brought to a halt. While we still have men that believe their virility/long-life/luck is linked to eating the body parts of wild animals we're fighting a losing battle and need to be prepared for more outbreaks like this.
So true. Some "cultural" practices belong in the past...but until the countries of the world are serious about educating people and providing better welfare for people so they are able to move away from the past.
We need to celebrate wildlife for it's own sake, not have it on the menu.

Latest posts

Back