New Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not been watching any of them recently. I've gone off Miceal, Ophelia's voice grates, Annaliese is too bouncy and talks shite, as does Chloe, Jill was all smarmy the last time I saw her, don't like "too near the edge" Charlie and as for Simon "I'm so fake" Biagi I'm just not that bothered.

Don't mind Jackie and Jilly. As for Annaliese being a stylist, don't make me laugh, she looks an explosion in a paint factory every time I've seen her and all that singing annoys me.

CC

I wonder if they have indication of viewing numbers on shows, because ratings must plummet when certain presenters are on ! and they must be off the chart zero when the tik tok sisters are on.

I just want to shut them all up !!!

Who thought to pair up gobby Ophelia (yep, hmm) with Helen Berman ? what has the woman done to deserve yet another 'common' presenter ? Harvey Nichols v Peacocks
Ophelia's trying hard, but IMO, she needs voice lessons, both in tone (her voice is harsh) and pronunciation (her accent is a bit too Cockney for QVC.) Helene did well with Ophelia, but I always feel that I want to give her a jog when she falters and hesitates between comments. I don't like her thoughts about being overlooked or better looked over.) I hate being 'looked over.' It's a common pastime here ... sitting in the town square looking at everyone and commenting on everything. I like being an nvisible woman. Fat chance !

I don't think either of the tik tok sisters are used to the talkback feeds, because you can always notice when they are being given 'feeds' through their earpieces, as they fumble with conversation 'fillers' like yep, errmmmm, I love it, and then suddenly they burst into "don't forget there are 3ezy pays, 60 mgb" and the rest of the company jargon when being told to do so.

They need to be gone, and soon.

I think they must be spreading the net wide when it comes to target audiences. Behind the scenes is run by children, and dodgy stylists. We have new presenters who talk with gangsta twang. On the other hand we have presenters and guests (Patrick, Julien M, and Julia) saying ‘my mom would love/ want / wear this’. All their mothers are in their late 80’s and 90’s. Some of the models leave much to be desired. Has Pirijo now taken over from Tiff as the token older model ? Also Denny , (with the strange , slightly weird look on her face )also seems to be used as an older model, too.

I think they must be spreading the net wide when it comes to target audiences. Behind the scenes is run by children, and dodgy stylists. We have new presenters who talk with gangsta twang. On the other hand we have presenters and guests (Patrick, Julien M, and Julia) saying ‘my mom would love/ want / wear this’. All their mothers are in their late 80’s and 90’s. Some of the models leave much to be desired. Has Pirijo now taken over from Tiff as the token older model ? Also Denny , (with the strange , slightly weird look on her face )also seems to be used as an older model, too.
Who’s Denny?

I wonder if there was anything I was actually interested in could I overlook their annoying habits?

Not sure I would as Chunts and spaniel ears annoyed the hell out of me even when I bought stuff.

Diversity is one thing, scraping the bottom of the barrel is another. Gangsta twang ClothesC sums it up perfectly. Maybe it’s because I don’t live in a town where I hear this daily that it gets on my chesticles so much.

Annaliese needs to calm down, she puts me off watching QVC. I was thinking of buying Emu’s but not now. Channel changed over.
I like it Sarah is just doing all the work and the selling straight on to the camera, which as a guest she’s not actually supposed to do.
Annaliese is chipping in with the repeated just love it, what can I, stupid comments and fake shock amazements, which Sarah is professionally converting into what she is talking about and is showing respect to the brand she represents.

I like it Sarah is just doing all the work and the selling straight on to the camera, which as a guest she’s not actually supposed to do.
Annaliese is chipping in with the repeated just love it, what can I, stupid comments and fake shock amazements, which Sarah is professionally converting into what she is talking about and is showing respect to the brand she represents.
After the discussion on here last week about the reasons why Julia may not be on air for a few weeks I watched her podcast with Sarah; I had been on my own all week so bear with me! Sarah is a delightful girl who has had a really interesting career &, as a mum of three who does more than just promote Emu on the Q, she does a lot of plate spinning. Her parents died at the start of this year & because her family had covid over Christmas the last time she saw them was on 20th December, her mum died at the beginning of January & she lost her dad six weeks later. She kept it together when talking about them, Julia didn't & neither did I.

Last edited:
I wonder if there was anything I was actually interested in could I overlook their annoying habits?

Not sure I would as Chunts and spaniel ears annoyed the hell out of me even when I bought stuff.

Diversity is one thing, scraping the bottom of the barrel is another. Gangsta twang ClothesC sums it up perfectly. Maybe it’s because I don’t live in a town where I hear this daily that it gets on my chesticles so much.

Well said.

She may improve. I hope she does. It must be very competitive in this line of work, and I'd like to see a young, enthusiastic black woman do well. I feel that, as of now, I want to give her a break.

There are plenty of young and enthusiastic black women doing a professional job on tv, and without the need of a Gangsta twang, - (oh for the eloquent tone of Moira Stewart.) As for being competitive in this line of work, well if these 2 were the best interviewed, then God help the future of television. Equally there are a number of white women who perform well without making our ears bleed with estuary English or any pronounced accent at all. Even Priti Patell and Beff Rigby have trouble pronouncing their 'g's as we have said on here before.

Latest posts

Back