Enough is Enough

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is a good post. I have only recently tried L'Occitane shower products (sweet almond shower oil) but no way can I afford to use it on a regular basis. It is so easy to get sucked in by all the hype. I was happily using Simple shower gel (which was on offer in Sainsburys).

It's all very well saying read the ingredients on the bottle but I would need to bring a magnifying glass with me on shopping trips as no way can I decipher half of the small print with glasses. It seems that all brands use SLS.

Maybe I should give Dove a go. Anything to to make my legs less withered looking.

This is all a bit jumbled and disjointed but it is Monday morning.

Have a good weeke everyone.

:1:

I have bottles of shower gel that have been included in various TSV's but would not pay the usual price for them. Pleasant to use but rare any scent is left on the skin - exception was Molton Brown ones and again I only bought in TSV.

Regarding Loccitane soap, I have had this in the past in TSV but really think it is far too expensive when there are good alternatives out there. In the post Xmas sale at Asda they had a boxed set of four soaps, good ingredients and looked expensive. Full price I think they were £3.50 but I paid 50p in the sale. Still on the first bar as it is so good so quite the bargain!

Sometimes I think we forget to look outside of QVC :)

Have to admit though that I absolutely love Amazing Grace body lotion so a staple for me and just try to buy as cheap as I can.

I can recommend A'Kin shower gels - a pack of 3 from Mypure is around £18 I think BUT the bottles last for ages as you only need the tiniest amount. Also, Jason's do some great shower gels -they cost something like £6 or £7 for a 1L pump bottle!!

Body lotion wise, I am currently enjoying the Jergens Natural Age Defying lotion - same size tube as LE but costs under a fiver in Boots!!

My worse sin is buying all thi stuff then not wanting to use because it was too expensive,
proverbial I'll save it for best, how sad am I

My worse sin is buying all thi stuff then not wanting to use because it was too expensive,

LOL my worst sin is buying stuff way before other stuff has run out, and then starting on the new stuff and forgetting to finish the old.

I've slapped myself on the wrist this time. During a recent tidy up I found some MOP shampoo and conditioner about 1/4 of the bottle left, so I am making myself finish this off, (and finish off some Aveda, oops) before I switch back to my fave Philip Kingsley.

PS At least I gave my Ojon to my mum!

Chanel bought out a load of new scents called 'Les Exclusifs' which are only available as EDT and pure perfume - no body products. Not sure if they are 'old' scents ressurected, or brand new ones?

'Coromandel' is my favourite - very woody, with pine, patchouli, frankincense, amber and vanilla. I have seen reviews describing it as 'powdered white chocolate' and 'oriental meets myrhh'. I love it!

The only other one I can remember from the range is 'Bel Respiro', which is absolutely vile.

They all come in ginormous 200ml bottles and plain boxes (ie no name on the packaging). You can't get them in Boots or other places that usually sell Chanel - but some of the big dept stores (like Selfridges) have them.

thanks elise, next time i am in a city will check it out

i am currently rofl at the tought of ali young reading this thread and julia roberts having to administer smelling salts at all of our comments, some how i have a picture of angelica housten in the witches type of reaction towards children, that ali young would have towards us potential high street traitors

I can recommend A'Kin shower gels - a pack of 3 from Mypure is around £18 I think BUT the bottles last for ages as you only need the tiniest amount. Also, Jason's do some great shower gels -they cost something like £6 or £7 for a 1L pump bottle!!

Body lotion wise, I am currently enjoying the Jergens Natural Age Defying lotion - same size tube as LE but costs under a fiver in Boots!!

I can recommend these too, cupcake - the JASON ones are superb. Tesco stock A'Kin and JASONs in their NutriCentres now. I got a huge 1l bottle of the Rose shower gel, and it's beautiful. Cost me £7.99, but it will last me 12 months I reckon.

Other than that I really am going back to cheaper brands though - Original Source stuff is beautiful, their Lime Shower Gel is absolutely mouthwatering and their Winter one, in Vanilla and Cocoa was lovely too. I've switched to Dove soap for my face which is superb and doesn't dry out my skin, Dove or Radox handwash etc, the Dove particularly is as good as anything I've had from QVC and only 99p from Sainsburys.

I do love my L'Occitane stuff, but really cannot justify it unless I get it as a present or buy it with birthday money - my mother gave me two Bonne Mere soaps a few weeks ago, which are lovely - and I'm trying to make them last.

I have the same problem SCW. Anything with sulfates and/or parabens dried out my sensitive skin and makes me itch like mad. I'm at present trying an organic range from Ebay. So far so good and less than half the price that I was paying for Liz Earle etc.

I have that problem too but if you look for SLS and mineral-oil/petroleum free products you should be okay. More and more of them seem to be available these days.

thanks you two glad me and my mum are not the only ones

i would do that cupcake but dont quite have the time to do that

LOL my worst sin is buying stuff way before other stuff has run out, and then starting on the new stuff and forgetting to finish the old.

Me too! I have a cupboard full of stuff that I've started and not finished. I had to chuck a load away the other week as I couldn't remember how long it had been open. Bad cupcake! It's the same with make-up too. Had to bin a load of that cos I couldn't remember how old it was. I must get through my stock pile before buying any more ... hmmm ... what are the chances of that?! :54:

i would do that cupcake but dont quite have the time to do that

You can find most of these in Health Food shops, or if you are near a big city (you are in Devon right?) you might be able to find some in department stores too. There are also some good online vendors for most of them :

Some SLS free products /ranges
Green People
Jason's
A'Kin - Mypure
Trilogy - JBD
Weleda
Naked - available in Boots
Ecosopia - JBD
REN
Burt's Bees
Liz Earle
Alba
Avalon

Some mineral oil free lotions/body butters
Korres
A'Kin - Mypure
Liz Earle
Trilogy - JBD
Weleda
Jason's
Jergen's Naturals - available in Boots
Naked - available in Boots
Burt's Bees
Liz Earle
Alba

Korres has SLS in their shower gels but for some reason I can tolerate them (unless I get an eczema flare up). There are more brands but I've got brain fog today!

I've tried some of the Naked range from Boots (shower gel/body wash) they were very nice and quite reasonably priced, about £3-£4 if I remember correctly and I did manage to get some on a BOGOF. Definitely worth a try.

I bought on the website and it's free p & p if you spend over £40 but there are everyday things which you need that you can buy to top up your order (toothpaste, deodorant etc).

Last edited:

I've slapped myself on the wrist this time. During a recent tidy up I found some MOP shampoo and conditioner about 1/4 of the bottle left, so I am making myself finish this off, (and finish off some Aveda, oops) before I switch back to my fave Philip Kingsley.

PS At least I gave my Ojon to my mum!

Me too! But I have been boycotting QVC for yonks now 'cos of Butcher Basso (not even reading most threads, but any started by our Burlz are worth a look ;) ) and trying to use the stash I had built up from years of TSVs. I am still using stuff bought ages ago, but some skincare has actually started to break down and I have had to chuck it - what a waste!

I now buy any supermarket/high street stuff that I fancy that doesn't smell too strong and when my skin is really dry - that's rare thankfully - I bathe in Oilatum or Bath E45 and it nourishes and softens like nothing else. Turns the bath into a deathtrap grease bowl though so I don't do it very often as the extra cleaning needed negates any relaxation the bath gave me! :lol:

I have saved a fortune over however long it's been since my last QVC purchase and not just on toiletries either ;)

Just been into Tesco today and seen some 500ml bottles of shower gel for £3.98. They look very similar to the Philosophy shower gels. There was lime, strawberry,lemonade and a few other ones. Has anyone tried any of these?

Just been into Tesco today and seen some 500ml bottles of shower gel for £3.98. They look very similar to the Philosophy shower gels. There was lime, strawberry,lemonade and a few other ones. Has anyone tried any of these?

they'll be the ones by N-Spa? i saw them in ASDA today and theyve widened the range quite a bit so they must be popular. They do look very Philosophy-esque. I tried one of the non-foody smelling ones some time ago, it was ok but it was more style than substance. It was about £4.50

I still have a bit of a MB and L'Occitane stockpile, but it's going down now, and I won't be replacing it regularly.
I like Dr Bronner's Magic Soaps for using in the shower as a cheaper alternative, a little goes such a long way and I can use it as a shampoo too.
The Peppermint one is especially good.

Latest posts

Back