what is up with qvc lately????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
Why are there so many "repeat" tsv's lately??

Basso,NN,skincare/make up,kipling,beauty tools etc???

Or is it just me:cheeky:

Also I used to love fashion days (honest I did!)

Autumn one was soooooo boring - don't think there was a summer one?

Why are we having ANOTHER basso coat?????

Why can't we have a Joe browns type hat or gloves at a good price point ie £10-£15- be a sellout,we've got something different - everyones a winner!!!

Yeah, I don't watch QVC so much these days either, I'm just not that into endless beauty products.
I had a look at their website today and noticed a new knitwear line - it looks like something out of What Everyone Wants (remember them?), except they're selling it for about £50-60 each. For a CARDI. Embroidered with BUTTERFLIES. Who buys that stuff? Do their fashion buyers lurk in the 1980s? Were they born in the 1880s? I have never bought any clothes off QVC and probably never will, but surely someone like me should be their target market - 30-something, small kids make shopping difficult, with a reasonable understanding of what's fashionable today. I know there are a lot of more mature viewers, and they seem to be very well catered for, but I don't want to buy crappy t-shirts with sparkly flipping ducklings on them or naff pictures of Paris. Or anything made from polyester.

Phew, rant over. :)

I completely agree with you both.

Never been blown away by the fashion but have bought odd bits in the past - I don't purchase any now and probably not for the last year?

It seems to me that they've lost their whole perspective.

i remember the days when fashion days were huge events with new ranges and lots of "looks" put together and advertised before hand.It seems they can't be bothered with fashion at all now....

Why don't they find some good quailty designs? Why are we stuck with american sizing and taste?

Know what you mean, Northern Nights again today. How many beds do they think the average person has ?

Know what you mean, Northern Nights again today. How many beds do they think the average person has ?

Ha! I was thinking that this morning when I found out what the TSV was - there are only so many days in the year and I for one don't want to spend every single one of them changing my bed just to accomodate yet another NN TSV!!

Yeah, I don't watch QVC so much these days either, I'm just not that into endless beauty products.
I had a look at their website today and noticed a new knitwear line - it looks like something out of What Everyone Wants (remember them?), except they're selling it for about £50-60 each. For a CARDI. Embroidered with BUTTERFLIES. Who buys that stuff? Do their fashion buyers lurk in the 1980s? Were they born in the 1880s? I have never bought any clothes off QVC and probably never will, but surely someone like me should be their target market - 30-something, small kids make shopping difficult, with a reasonable understanding of what's fashionable today. I know there are a lot of more mature viewers, and they seem to be very well catered for, but I don't want to buy crappy t-shirts with sparkly flipping ducklings on them or naff pictures of Paris. Or anything made from polyester.

Someone on here pointed out recently that they had a vacancy for a fashion buyer but experience within the fashion industry wasn't essential, that says it all really!

Too many NN TSV's, and far too many Bassos. I usually do my ironing on a Sunday afternoon while I flit from one shopping channel to another, (sad I know), but this Sunday, I will have to give QVC a miss. Not watching anything whilst yon has a TSV. Just can't bear to hear him. He makes my skin crawl. He is a big, fat, evil, disgusting effort of a human being. I can't understand why QVC love him so much. :angry:

I wish QVC would find some lovely new products that we will all love. There must be some out there just waiting to be found.

How many digital cameras, video cameras and solar garden lights do we need too?

I imagine they make a higher margin on own brands like NN than branded items but someone has to buy them for QVC to make money, I wonder who it is.

We are getting another two Beauty Days before Christmas. Hell I remember two a year.

I think with the recession QVC are pushing like mad stuff they know sells and they make money on.

We are getting another two Beauty Days before Christmas. Hell I remember two a year.

I think with the recession QVC are pushing like mad stuff they know sells and they make money on.

I think you've hit the nail on the head Donna, it's the recession that's causing all the problems. They probably can't get the TSV's they would like at the prices they want, so keep bringing back the same old, same old.

Too many NN TSV's, and far too many Bassos. I usually do my ironing on a Sunday afternoon while I flit from one shopping channel to another, (sad I know), but this Sunday, I will have to give QVC a miss. Not watching anything whilst yon has a TSV. Just can't bear to hear him. He makes my skin crawl. He is a big, fat, evil, disgusting effort of a human being. I can't understand why QVC love him so much. :angry:

I wish QVC would find some lovely new products that we will all love. There must be some out there just waiting to be found.

What does yon mean?

I'd never thought about it recession wise -in fact I've always thought that QVC has done well to starve off recession as they have so many sell outs - but it makes sense to think they're obvoiusly not being able to buy stock at the costs they want so we're just on a loop of the same old same old!

Fair enough, but how many beauty TSV is the average QVC viewer realistically going to buy? Shouldn't they rather have more variety so as to attract different sets of people for different types of item. There is only so much that even the worst beaty junkie can buy in any one month!

I have never bought any clothes off QVC and probably never will, but surely someone like me should be their target market - 30-something, small kids make shopping difficult, with a reasonable understanding of what's fashionable today. I know there are a lot of more mature viewers, and they seem to be very well catered for, but I don't want to buy crappy t-shirts with sparkly flipping ducklings on them or naff pictures of Paris. Or anything made from polyester.

Oi, not every more mature viewer automatically likes cr**py polyester t-shirts with sparkly ducklings swimming in Paris you know!

Boring, boring, boring!!:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

Please can we have a few less NN, wide screen TV's, computers, camcorders, things for removing hair, ANYTHING with an LED light and have some new and exciting things preferably on easy pay.

Thank heavens for Harald and Pompoo's!!!:rock::rock:

(mum says...)

I'm into my 60s and I love the beauty programmes. I'm hoping that one day I'll find that fountain of youth :D And they did used to have some nice fashion, e.g. Cyndey Mar. Casual & Co has gone way downhill and Michelle Hope. Ugh, 'nuff said really. Dreamkeeper is lovely IMO but utterly impractical and way out of my price range. Too much Indigo Moon which is all the same, too many expensive (and horrible!) handbags and please, enough with the cameras! I like Basso myself, well, his coats at least, even though I don't go for the really expensive stuff. Oh, and I almost Bradley Bayou - his clothes are nice. Really good quality stuff for once. Finally, too much boring jewellery. Again, I know many like these things (I like Uri Geller) but ring after ring after boring ring. Enough!

There is good and bad, but it's heading into the zone where there is more bad than good and it always seems to be the bad stuff that turns up again and again. Then when the good stuff shows up, it sells out quickly and most of us miss out!

Latest posts

Back