anyone remember "Coty" ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sharonk

Registered Shopper
I have just been looking for something called poreless flawless made by Philosophy. I can't find it on QVC so hunted on the internet and found out that Coty bought out Philosophy. I was really shocked because you don't see much coty stuff around. Then I found out that they also bought out OPI!

I knew Liz earle had sold out to Avon but this one really passed me by..

Coty used to do perfumes, didn't they?

Just for you MS, mum has racked her brain, well not really she remembered them far too easily but there was L'Aimant, Chypre and Muguet de bois to name just three!!!

She said Coty did a make up range at one time too.

Coty is a "perfume house" and I think they're behind loads of big brands like Davidoff, Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs and Vers Wang.

I think their own brand products just don't exist any more.

Didn't they do boxes of face powder. Back in the day when we used powder compacts!!

I still see Coty here in Belfast usually just the bronzer.

My mum wore L'Aiment for years.

Coty have two sections the high end such as Bottega Veneta and then the lower price which is in Boots. Look round the stand alone shelves.

Mr.Coty was a perfumer Chypre was the first chypre now a perfume family.

coty l'amant the poor womans chanel no.5

Our Mama used to have that perfume given to her every Christmas & birthday.
If I remember correctly hers was a cream perfume in a tiny bottle that you applied with the little whatchamacallit that was fixed in the lid. It was like a nail varnish bottle if you like. Smelt of make-up.

Our Mama used to have that perfume given to her every Christmas & birthday.
If I remember correctly hers was a cream perfume in a tiny bottle that you applied with the little whatchamacallit that was fixed in the lid. It was like a nail varnish bottle if you like. Smelt of make-up.

I still like this perfume because it reminds me of my mum.

http://www.cheapsmells.com/viewProduct.php?id=4015

Didn't they do boxes of face powder. Back in the day when we used powder compacts!!

On my mums dressing table there was what seemed like a massive round box of powder with a ginormous pink puff thingy inside. It smelled very highly perfumed, I'm sure it said Coty on it. I think it must have been some sort of loose powder.
Anyway, needless to say it was like a magnet to a little gaymo. I could NOT leave that thing alone. The number ofttimes she came in to find me, my hair, my teddy and everything else covered in orange powder... Happy days!:giggle:

Still around -

House of Bath sell Coty, Tweed, and even 4711 Eau de Cologne (my Gran's fave). Can't seem to post the link.

I used to LOVE Aqua Manda :biggrin:

On my mums dressing table there was what seemed like a massive round box of powder with a ginormous pink puff thingy inside. It smelled very highly perfumed, I'm sure it said Coty on it. I think it must have been some sort of loose powder.
Anyway, needless to say it was like a magnet to a little gaymo. I could NOT leave that thing alone. The number ofttimes she came in to find me, my hair, my teddy and everything else covered in orange powder... Happy days!:giggle:

It could have been Coty Talcum powder.
I've still got my mother's drum of Coty Talc up in the attic somewhere amongst those little treasures I can't bear to throw out.

I love and still use L'Aimant...also buy L'Origan,(my mums favorite) can only get it from Fragrance X in the U.S..but it is free shipping and very cheap.

daydreamer

Latest posts

Back