anyone remember "Coty" ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

seems my thread has evoked a few good memories:hi: I gasped when I read tweed - my nanna used to wear that. I;m sure my mum had a big puff bowl of talc. I've just read up on wiki and saw Jovan Musk mentioned. I used to wear that when I was a teenager and my boyfriend wore musk for men gosh that read was a blast from the past. I'm going to see if its in my local shops at the weekend. to a have a guilty pleasure sniff. Coty really do have lots of well known names within the company don't they

Aqua Manda! That takes me back to my teens and I also adored 'Meadowsong', used to layer the scent (as AY would say) & demanded the gift sets for Christmas.

I think I remember Aqua Manda, I just looked at the bottles - its said Goya across the box, I remember Goya perfume, I had one but can't remember the name. I used to wear cachet but that was Prince machibelli or something like that

This is so nostalgic - reminds me of Saturdays with my mom when I was a teenager - we would do the food shopping and then stop at Boots for a few sprays of Tweed, Cachet, Gingham or whatever and make the bus smell loverly :) 4711 reminds me of school because one of my teachers always wore it.

Anyway I said to her whats that smell? she said "It's Ma Griffe"
I said well it wants a wash.

lovely nostalgic thread, my mum wore Coty L'aimante (dont think I have spelt it right) and I recall this being her only perfume. How different things are now in the world of beauty and fragrance with the constant new launches and the notion that we need a "wardrobe" of perfumes for different occasions. I do love perfume and have quite a few on the go to suit my mood. Always looking for "the one" that I will love forever!

I work in pharmacy and we order from coty...they own soooooo many companies...and produce perfumes for all the following....Astor
Baby Phat,Beyoncé,Calvin Klein,Celine Dion,Cerruti,Chopard,David and Victoria Beckham
Davidoff,Halle Berry,Jennifer Lopez
JOOP!,Kate Moss,Kenneth Cole,Kylie Minogue,Lancaster,Marc Jacobs,Miss Sixty,Miss Sporty,Pierre Cardin,Playboy,Rimmel,Sally Hansen,Sarah Jessica Parker,Vera Wang,Vivienne Westwood.
now also opi,philosophy and guess fragrance :)

The first time I ever smelt Obsession, cue embarassing moment, I was on my way up the escalator in some fancy department store or other, probably dashing to the loo (as I still often do!), X was being left behind on the ground floor, when one of these promo girls spritzed my wrist and as I was three steps up I took my first sniff and I was so amazed by the scent, "o my goodness, it smells just like Christmas!"!!!!! Cue embarassed man trying to shrink into the background! LOL

Many years ago I used to use Coty face powder . It came in a round cardboard box decorated with a design of light orange powder puffs all over it. I occasionally see these when I browse round antiques fairs so they must be collectables now !
I was aware that the Kate Moss fragrance that I now like is made by Coty.

Our Mama used to have that perfume given to her every Christmas & birthday.
If I remember correctly hers was a cream perfume in a tiny bottle that you applied with the little whatchamacallit that was fixed in the lid. It was like a nail varnish bottle if you like. Smelt of make-up.

Yes, I remember the cream perfume in a dark opaque bottle with a little plastic dibber. Memories........

I remember Woolies ( very classy) used to sell Californian Poppy and Midnight in Paris perfumes. Can anyone confirm this or have I just imagined it?I think the Midnight one was in a dark blue bottle and the other had pictures of red poppies(really) on the label.

I remember Woolies ( very classy) used to sell Californian Poppy and Midnight in Paris perfumes. Can anyone confirm this or have I just imagined it?I think the Midnight one was in a dark blue bottle and the other had pictures of red poppies(really) on the label.

gemma!!! i was just thinking of midnight in paris as i was reading through this thread! i don't remember it but it was my mum's fav from her youth (she's 95 now!) and used to go on and on about it. about 15 years ago i went to the ends of the earth to get some for her (can't remember how i tracked it down) and she said it wasn't the same as she remembered :( such a disappointment.

i think i do remember california poppy in woolies though ;)nand yes midnight in paris was in a dark blue bottle.

Dorothy Gray?
I remember seeing a bottle of a liquid bearing that name & had a little dab per instructions.
Eye-watering!
Never heard of astringent before, never forgotten it since.

Ah, Coty l'Aimant, with the little bottle and the spatula - it smelled divine on my Mum!

Coty make loads of celebrity perfumes; they just don't splash 'Coty' on the box. It's a shame - Coty used to be one of the great perfume houses. Francois Coty must be turning in his grave to see what they're putting out under his name these days.

The best amber I've found - and I'm an amber fiend - is Histoire de Parfum's Ambre 114, closely followed by Brecourt's Ambre Noir.

gemma!!! i was just thinking of midnight in paris as i was reading through this thread! i don't remember it but it was my mum's fav from her youth (she's 95 now!) and used to go on and on about it. about 15 years ago i went to the ends of the earth to get some for her (can't remember how i tracked it down) and she said it wasn't the same as she remembered :( such a disappointment.

i think i do remember california poppy in woolies though ;)nand yes midnight in paris was in a dark blue bottle.

Thank you for that Janie. How disappointing for your Mum especially after you'd gone to so much trouble.

Anyone remember those coin operated perfume dispensers in ladies' toilets?
I had a go. Caught me right in the eye!
One of them had the word 'rose/roses in the title. I think another one was called 'Black Lace'

Anyway I said to her whats that smell? she said "It's Ma Griffe"
I said well it wants a wash.

I bought some of this (unsampled) many years ago flying home from holiday in Spain. It smelled like cat pee on me and went straight in the dustbin.

Anyone remember Smitty perfume? I wanted to be the girl in the advert, she was SO cool! Didn't like the smell at all though :sad:

Anyone remember those coin operated perfume dispensers in ladies' toilets?
I had a go. Caught me right in the eye!
One of them had the word 'rose/roses in the title. I think another one was called 'Black Lace'

Yes I do ! I think another was Blue Grass which I liked a lot.

Latest posts

Back