Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why are we being so NASTY? For all their faults and as much as I don't like bullshit, these people not only have lost their jobs, the chance to work with a crowd of people they geniunely loved working with, and yes a grotty jobcentre ain't the place of dreams but at least he's out there looking for a job...and good luck to him's what I say!

Peter's a survivor, Merry...I'm sure he'll be fine, what with that CV of his !

Why are we being so NASTY? For all their faults and as much as I don't like bullshit, these people not only have lost their jobs, the chance to work with a crowd of people they geniunely loved working with, and yes a grotty jobcentre ain't the place of dreams but at least he's out there looking for a job...and good luck to him's what I say!

I'm sorry merryone, I know that you are the Sit-up apologist and you bought much of their crap but there are a lot of people out there who think the whole premise and ethical practices of Sit-up stank (and I don't just mean Sherlock's perfumes) and it's no wonder people are getting their own back. It's only natural. The employees were complicit in the whole shoddy charade.

I'm sorry merryone, I know that you are the Sit-up apologist and you bought much of their crap but there are a lot of people out there who think the whole premise and ethical practices of Sit-up stank (and I don't just mean Sherlock's perfumes) and it's no wonder people are getting their own back. It's only natural. The employees were complicit in the whole shoddy charade.

I know what you're saying but I can't do it - though I could possibly make and exception for Gollum!

..and to be fair some of the stuff I bought was very good, really it was, the bedding and the footwear was a must to avoid, and I'm sure there was much much more but thankfully I didn't get tempted by real crap like plastic egg boiler and worry angels!

If anyone is interested, the asian peter sherlock, amit is selling gold plated cards on the jewellery channel.

£274 down to £16.99 as if by magic...

Peter used to style people for the oscars. Wonder if there's any vacancies for that in the Birkenhead Job Centre.

I couldn't agree more. It's got to the stage where it's like we are flogging a dead horse.

People got their pound of flesh.... maybe i'm just too sensitive.

Now I am thinking, which ex presenter will be the first to devise a board game based on the exploits of their late TV channel?

There are many features and faces from the old Dames, weasels, pocket rockets, frumpy stiltskins, middle earth dwellers, step falling characters et al, that could easily transferred and captured into boardplay that the whole family could enjoy. (Why you can even fleece your own nan in the fast flowing gameplay). Have a joker card called 'Lee From Ventor'.

The oppertunties are endless. Why this could lead one of them to a Dragons Den pitch. That would be fun.

I am so upset. Trying to take my mind off the demise of our favourite shopping channel I watched an episode of NCIS that I had recorded on my digibox. All was going well until Special Agent Gibbs uttered the immortal line "you snooze you lose"! How can I forget Bid when he utters Sally Jacks favourite catchphrase? I reckon the writers got that line from watching her...

I am so upset. Trying to take my mind off the demise of our favourite shopping channel I watched an episode of NCIS that I had recorded on my digibox. All was going well until Special Agent Gibbs uttered the immortal line "you snooze you lose"! How can I forget Bid when he utters Sally Jacks favourite catchphrase? I reckon the writers got that line from watching her...

Yup, Spoiler alert... Next season of NCIS features thier latest recruit to the team- Special (cleaning) Agent Salleh.

She single handly sannitises and cleans the streets of the downtown precinct armed only with a wizzy mop and a tub of Guy Stepfalls magic cleaning wonder paste. No stain is left uncleaned in her quest to clean up the dirty streets with no name.

Jeez Im missing Bid and scribing drivel, If i could only watch one more Sallahday presentation my life would be complete..

I couldn't agree more. It's got to the stage where it's like we are flogging a dead horse.

No, I don't think you are being over sensitive. I agree entirely with merryone and feel sorry for anyone who has lost his/her job. Fair enough to have a pop at some of the presenters and their practice if it offends you, but some folk on here seem to have got a real kick out of people losing their jobs, and that makes for fairly unpleasant reading. And yes, I know I don't have to read the forum.

No, I don't think you are being over sensitive. I agree entirely with merryone and feel sorry for anyone who has lost his/her job. Fair enough to have a pop at some of the presenters and their practice if it offends you, but some folk on here seem to have got a real kick out of people losing their jobs, and that makes for fairly unpleasant reading. And yes, I know I don't have to read the forum.

I kind of understand what you say but sadly a lot of blameless people have had to take the consequences for a few rotten apples, nobody as far as i'm aware has shown any real glee at the innocent people falling on the sword.

But there are some people who worked there who were a disgrace, a complete an utter disgrace. They showed absolutely no sympathy for their viewers, It's those individuals who the more barbed comments are aimed at, nobody else.

They deserve no sympathy, none, and from reading some of their post sacking comments it's pretty clear they don't appear to think they've done much wrong. Their contempt for the customers was demonstrated, time and time and time again. TV Shopping is better off without them.

But I accept that maybe the time is soon coming that the whole miserable outfit should just be forgotten, some of them don't deserve any more oxygen for their tacky future business ventures.

Yup, Spoiler alert... Next season of NCIS features thier latest recruit to the team- Special (cleaning) Agent Salleh.

She single handly sannitises and cleans the streets of the downtown precinct armed only with a wizzy mop and a tub of Guy Stepfalls magic cleaning wonder paste. No stain is left uncleaned in her quest to clean up the dirty streets with no name.

Jeez Im missing Bid and scribing drivel, If i could only watch one more Sallahday presentation my life would be complete..

Actually, I have heard that a certain bald headed gentleman will be crossing the pond to be in the next Season of NCIS. Yes, its Special Agent Mason armed with his Bass Test Reflex Sheet, calling the criminals mutants in interview and saying his colleagues eat cat food. You heard it here first (Of course I may have made this up).

Mr Tom thank you for this most heartfelt and honest post. But can I just ask please does the flogging of a dead horse include £7.99 P and P? Many Thanks..

Don't know if anyone has already posted this but the folks at panjaban(sp?) tweeted that bid owed them 10k and that bid are crooks.

Latest posts

Back