How much? :O

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Wow! Item 620950 - £2,636.40.

Fine, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have the means and are happy to pay this sort of money for a ring, but, surely, if you were would you be watching and buying off QVC? Personally, I'd be heading to London and wanting to be treated like royalty on Bond Street!

And what an insult - spending this sort of money and they've still got the gall to charge £5.95 P&P! And will it arrive shoved in a jiffy bag via Royal Snail? and what if you've got someone else's return?!?!

And now some pearls, which are over £3,000!

Not referring specifically to the item in the OP but believe it or not quite a few rich and / or famous people shop online including QVC. It saves them time and they can buy from the privacy of their own home without being pestered out in the street.

I would think it was it was one off special treat then getting pampered in a shop appeals more, does to me anyway!

I really don't understand this, why shouldn't someone pay that and much more on a ring, why does it matter where it is purchased from as long as the item warrants the price. Some people buy expensive rings because they can afford to and I find it very distasteful that they are denigrated because of it, also some people save up for a long time for something that is really special to them, I really abhor this them and us c**p that is used to constantly bash wealthy people, particular it seems, in this country or those that cherish expensive items. As for the P&P I agree I've seen a £20k item on Q with added P&P which is just ridiculous but that's Q!

What's the weather like up there on that high horse? I don't see anyone denigrating, rich bashing or them-and-ussing.

HMMM, might get a few for my present drawer for Xmas gifting to the lollipop lady, the man at the dump who helps get stuff into the grinder thing, and the young girl in Martins who sold me a lottery card on which I won £1.00.

Best of all is I will save on the postage for 2 or more items. Bargain !!

What's the weather like up there on that high horse? I don't see anyone denigrating, rich bashing or them-and-ussing.

Absolutely great thnx, your really not very nice are you and maybe read your post and mine again! While your at it why don't you stop bring so rude!

I really don't understand this, why shouldn't someone pay that and much more on a ring, why does it matter where it is purchased from as long as the item warrants the price. Some people buy expensive rings because they can afford to and I find it very distasteful that they are denigrated because of it, also some people save up for a long time for something that is really special to them, I really abhor this them and us c**p that is used to constantly bash wealthy people, particular it seems, in this country or those that cherish expensive items. As for the P&P I agree I've seen a £20k item on Q with added P&P which is just ridiculous but that's Q!

I would hope if someone saved up for a long time to buy something , they wouldn't buy it from Qvc , The whole experience of going into a shop trying on different jewellery items and then walking away with the item straight away is much more of an experience than tapping an app lol.

I would hope if someone saved up for a long time to buy something , they wouldn't buy it from Qvc , The whole experience of going into a shop trying on different jewellery items and then walking away with the item straight away is much more of an experience than tapping an app lol.

Everyone has their own idea of what is special to them, many people don't like going into shops or find that special, each to their own, just because someone may tap an app makes the purchase no less special! It is the item and what it means to that individual not how or where it is purchased!!

Everyone has their own idea of what is special to them, many people don't like going into shops or find that special, each to their own, just because someone may tap an app makes the purchase no less special! It is the item and what it means to that individual not how or where it is purchased!!

Thats why i said " I would hope" :)

If you purchase from the DHS once purchased you are stuck with it. Perhaps folk like the comfort blanket of 30DMBG especially if it is a higher priced item and of course there is always EP.

My problem would be the designs are not to my taste but if they were I would probably look at both options
Perhaps like myself people live in Hicksville with very little choice which those with access to London stores forget.

well I've recently ordered something on Q thats close to the OP price point (on advanced orders for august)... It's an item of jewellery and personally I've ordered it off Q because I can try it on, see it up close and personal and if its not right i can send it back.
I personally don't like going into the high street shops to spend lots of money as you get the "special treatment" and feel more obliged to buy something... This is in fact going to my most expensive Q purchase, but it was my decision to order it, and i kind of feel as if I don't belong on this forum at times with people being so judgmental of what people buy and chose to spend their money on.
I'm fortunate that I am in a position to treat myself to such luxuries, but I certainly wouldn't think it makes me any different/better to anyone else...

P.s. - The item i ordered has P&P of £5.95 too, my biggest bug bear is when you pay £10 for a TV to be delivered, surely they could work that into the actual price, or with the washing machine i saw recently with a £50 delivery charge!

Oh CallMeQ don't feel judged and badly thought of! I think the basic point in the thread was that people felt it was an expensive item to have on a TV shopping channel and with p&p charged on top. I would be having kittens that it would get lost in the post!!!!! Nobody can tell any other poster what they should spend their money on. Personally I would hesitate to buy something that expensive from the TV and would likely go to JL and have a browse round so I can see stuff in person. But I do not want to be bothered with returning stuff and am lucky to have good shops nearby. Anyone who feels otherwise would obviously take comfort in the MBG and good luck to them! We are all different. And on the jewellery front, they do have a wide selection on Q which is all in one place rather than in various shops, meaning several visits.

Last edited:
Just looking on the Glastonbury ticket site and note that you have to pay £5 AND £7 P&p per booking! so Q is not the only robber out there.

Latest posts

Back