****** Tanzinite!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

currently on a pendant and earrings he just said the price is 25 pound AN earring you don't buy earrings seperate they come as a pair oh dear peter

Bids tanzanite grading is very questionable, AA graded that's is far paler than some of my ungraded tanzy. Wonder where they get their grading.?:cheeky:

Bids tanzanite grading is very questionable, AA graded that's is far paler than some of my ungraded tanzy. Wonder where they get their grading.?:cheeky:
When James Russell was selling tanzanite he held up a card which had printed grades on it. Forgotten the descriptions but seemed to solely refer to the colour and it went something like this:

AAAA - Deep
AAA - Vivid
AA -
A - Pale

There was also a separate grading system listed below for the number of occlusions, which interestingly is never revealed for the pieces on offer, so in theory you could be getting an advertised AAA grade piece of tanzanite jewellery with a large number of occlusions.

The best I've seen them sell is AAA grade, very recently, and the item sold for around £200 + p&p/phone call.

True AAA grade costs an arm and a leg. What they are selling is probably more or less A or AA grade. They are doing nout but misrepresentation. Has anyone had a certificate from Bid when they've bought Tanzanite?

True AAA/AAAA grade pieces will fetch big money in the future like Russian Alexandrite, not the tat Bid are flogging. I can't believe the amount of lies they are peddling to the public.

http://www.lapigems.com/tanzanite_buying_guide.asp

TANZANITE CONSUMER PROTECTION NOTE
Whilst many sites proclaim to be selling AAA stones from Block D, most are actually dealing in the A range. Prices are considerably lower for this material and it has become a marketing ploy to represent lower cost material as AAA (bV 6/5 vB 6/5) at low prices. True block D AAA material is very rare and difficult to get. Less than 1% of all Tanzanite production is true AAA and it is considered exceptional. It is thus at a premium price right from the mouth of the mine to the very few highly selective and high end jewelers who have access to it. Beware of sites offering this exceptional material at prices too good to be true. Chances are you will be buyng a grade to several grades lower. This is fine as even lower grade Tanzanite is very beautiful, but it shouldn't be misrepresented as AAA.

not a truer word spoken!

James Russell parps on about how he is GIA certified - if he is he got his certification from a box of Cornflakes!

James Russell parps on about how he is GIA certified - if he is he got his certification from a box of Cornflakes!

In this case I think "GIA" stands for Greatly Inflated Ar**hole. :thinking:

Some of the Tanzanite being sold tonight looks very pale indeed. They aren't worth anything. Why waste your money on this crap?

Oh Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo the Tanzanite story again FF Sakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it's more well known than the birth of Jesus in 2000 years people will celebrate the birth of Tanzanite as told by Christ Almighty himself the legend Peter Simon.

he's selling a 2 carat ring, and there is no colour in the stone. :dull: WASTE OF CASH.

Mark Ryes on Price-drop with a picture featuring elephants and a mountain behind him, selling...guess what? :wink:

I am having a bid shopping free night can't be doing with Nark Lyes or Nicola but James Gardner did a whole hour last night of Tanzanite with the lights turned down and jungle drums. Just getting pathetic Russell will be back soon from his Tanzanite holiday with more of the stuff I should think.

Peter Simon's currently selling "Merelani Hills" AA Tanzanite which must be somehow incredibly different from the rest of the oh-so-rare Tanzanite they keep flogging on these channels :smile:

Not exactly selling like hot cakes with a 1 minute clock on 0.53ct stud earrings selling for £29.99 + £7.99 p&p + £1.53/phone call, though they did sell them all of them in the end.

Latest posts

Back