Yong Kim.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone, just out of curiosity I wondered what others thought of the look and pricing of this range.

Am I alone in not being at all interested in ordering this much hyped range. I can never imagine me wearing any of the items, even if they came in my size, and I so think the entire range is well over priced.

I've never seen it in the flesh so to speak and to me it does seem very expensive for what it is. I quite like some of the range though and would give it a try if the prices were greatly reduced.

Hi ONNSA personally I like some of the garments (though not all would suit me as I'm not tall). Mostly they're expensive but the couple of items I own are very well made and wash well; I've picked up a couple of things in the Cleasrance section and from ebay.

If you read through the past couple of weeks threads I'm sure you'll soon find a Yong Kim thread. On the whole people think it's expensive; those who wear it like it and many say they'd never try it as it looks scruffy. (over-simplified summary and if you like the look there are links to similar (less expensive ranges). HTH.

It's well worth reading back through the threads; when I first found the forum I spent a couple of days laughing raucously at the comments.

Thank you and I'll take your advice. On telly I guess it can be unfair to judge unless you've tried it, but it honestly doesn't appeal to me, I wish it did because the tall slim models look cool and relaxed in the items, and of course Ingrid who is also slim, suits them.

It's interesting to hear that other people find it comfy and easy to wash though.

It is very expensive as to get the look you need to buy and wear several pieces. I do like the look and have a few pieces but I have also returned several pieces which were very poor quality for the value. Sizing can be a bit iffy as well.

I feel the cold and the clothes are very thin. Don't think I could get enough warm clothes underneath the Yong Kim items

YK is always divisive. Love it or hate it, whenever there`s a YK show you always get the same comments, both positive and negative. I think it`s a bit like Marmite, those who love it, love it with a passion, those who hate it, hate it with a passion. I can`t say I hate it because the layered look can look ok with some clothes but I don`t think Ingrid does the brand any favours and I do think some of the clothes are ridiculously overpriced for what they are and a similar look can be achieved for a lesser price. Having said that, I believe clothes are such a personal thing that nobody has the right to " dictate " what is or isn`t worth buying. Look how many people pay hundreds or even thousands for a dress they wear for one day, their wedding day and yet most people don`t blink an eye at that. I say let people buy and wear whatever they choose and pay whatever they choose, afterall it`s them not me who`se paying for it.

I would wear 4 as well if I was getting them for free, or had a very wealthy ex! But I'm forgetting Ms T hasn't a penny to her name because she can't pay for taxis and so has an excuse not to lose her licence!

I leaning towards the hate category with this range it just doesn't appeal to me & I agree it is overpriced.But others love it & enjoy wearing their pieces.Am also not a fan of Ingrid T's 'fashion look' especially tonight, what does she look like in this red/black get up?I could suggest some possibilities but none would be described as 'edgy' or 'stylish' more like something out of a French farce.( Madam!)

I leaning towards the hate category with this range it just doesn't appeal to me & I agree it is overpriced.But others love it & enjoy wearing their pieces.Am also not a fan of Ingrid T's 'fashion look' especially tonight, what does she look like in this red/black get up?I could suggest some possibilities but none would be described as 'edgy' or 'stylish' more like something out of a French farce.( Madam!)

My first words when I first saw her tonight was that she looked like a refugee from a Parisian doorway.

I'm just sick of the exposure this brand is getting of late. Its on at least once every bl....dy week !!!!!!

They can sell as much crinkly fabric as they like, I've got no problem with this, but fgs charge a reasonable price, and please, please get a more appropriate presenter. I'm surprised QVC haven't sussed that haggard and messy don't sell any fashion. Maybe they think edgy overrides both of those, but sorry, q, you've got it badly wrong this time. Get rid and reduce your prices - drastically. I've got a crinkly skirt I wear a lot when it's boiling hot, but it cost me less than a tenner from a Littlewoods clearance. Nothing wrong with the quality, either, and I get loads of compliments when I wear it.

Yong Kim seems to be the only range that gets singled out as a whole range for comment and critisism. Other ranges seem more open to people being selective and liking some items and not others. For me Yong Kim is like this. The majority of it Is not for me, but there is a particular style of tunic with a V neck and hood that I love and have in 3 colours. I also have a sleeveless bright pink tunic for the summer that I also really like. Because I like them I was prepared to pay the price for them.
I don't do layering though, I think it looks silly and many items in the range are not for me.

yong kim and join are love or hate but like most ranges there are items you love or loath. i like both ranges but not everything they sell. yong kim is not even a real designer range it just has the designer prices. sleeveless t-shirts for around £100 is a con imo.

I've really enjoyed this thread - at last some balanced views on a fashion range, rather than just slating it into the ground without even ever having seen a piece 'in the flesh'.

I have this item http://www.qvcuk.com/Yong-Kim-Modal....html?sc=NVBN&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-9-_-151961 and it was the most useful garment on my recent holiday. It did get creased in my suitcase but the creases dropped out in a couple of hours on a hanger without steaming or pressing.

Back home it means I can wear certain dresses which are now a tad too tight across my tummy iykwim.

In terms of QVC fashion I do sometimes wince at some of the comments on here for the simple reason that I think it puts people off discussing their purchases if the loudest voices are those saying how garish, clingy, scruffy etc a range is. There are plenty of clothes on QVC that I wouldn't wear but I could say the same of M&S or Debenhams, and I have had a couple of gems from Diane Gilman, Kim & Co, even Nina Leonard, Print Fusion and Dream Keeper.

Kim & Co gets slated for being "sweaty" but most of her garments are viscose which is a natural fabric that I've never had a problem with it and I'm deep in the jungle in terms of hot flushes.

There have been a few dodgy prints over the years from all the ranges on QVC but if you like it and look good in it don't let the guffaws on here put you off!

I can take something out of everyone's comments to agree with.

There are definitely other ranges which I would slate -all overated and over priced. Ingrid on at 1pm today with one of the new imo very misplaced presenters.

I am watching Prai right now though I have never used it

Last edited:
Well said Akimbo, makes me wonder where the forum arbiters of fashion buy their clothes as the exact same comments they throw at QVC could equally apply to the chain stores.

I have not owned an item of Yong Kim but do shop a lot in smaller independent retailers and a friend owns a shop aimed at plus size designer wear so when I see an item priced at £100 etc my immediate reaction is not to start slagging it off as over priced XYZ (insert the put down of your choice) because having worn cheap clothes as well as those costing say £100 in my experience the latter's material has been better quality, better designed and cut so that it flatters. Some people are lucky in that they can wear cheap one size tailored to no one in particular type clothing and look smart and finished so hats off to those that look a million dollars in a cheap skirt.

I read comments on here accusing some range of being outdated when often it is very much reflecting current fashion but with the less extreme elements taken and adapted to cater for mass production. It's also amazing how may people are uncertain what style of clothes suit their body shape and will blame the clothes when they don't look good wearing it. I think QVC should spend more time talking about body shapes and be honest if something is not really suitable if you are a particular shape, I know Debbie Flint and Julia Roberts sometimes do but often the focus is just on sizing.

Latest posts

Back