Yong Kim.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sadly Kim, I fall into the category of being the wrong shape for everything! Even if I could get into expensive designer clothes they would look rubbish on me.

I agree that often the Q clothes are much the same as in high street chain stores but the prices are well above and then there is the hated p and p.

A typical ordinary everyday top in Marks/Debenhams etc will be about 29to 35 quid whereas on Q it will be more like 45 and then the postage both ways cos it won't fit. Whilst the DHS also have sizing issues they are never as extreme as Q and anyway you can try on several sizes on to see the fit.

Of course there are some ranges which seem to have been made especially for cruises, which is why DB Flint was able to a full Q wardrobe on hers. Unfortunately too many of the ranges come across as being suitable only for blue rinsed US ladies.

I think we would all take a few more chances with the clothes and shoes if either the sizes were better or if postage was capped.

Notice how there is never a fashion buy of the month with free P&p?

I have this item http://www.qvcuk.com/Yong-Kim-Modal....html?sc=NVBN&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-9-_-151961 and it was the most useful garment on my recent holiday. It did get creased in my suitcase but the creases dropped out in a couple of hours on a hanger without steaming or pressing.

Back home it means I can wear certain dresses which are now a tad too tight across my tummy iykwim.

In terms of QVC fashion I do sometimes wince at some of the comments on here for the simple reason that I think it puts people off discussing their purchases if the loudest voices are those saying how garish, clingy, scruffy etc a range is. There are plenty of clothes on QVC that I wouldn't wear but I could say the same of M&S or Debenhams, and I have had a couple of gems from Diane Gilman, Kim & Co, even Nina Leonard, Print Fusion and Dream Keeper.

Kim & Co gets slated for being "sweaty" but most of her garments are viscose which is a natural fabric that I've never had a problem with it and I'm deep in the jungle in terms of hot flushes.

There have been a few dodgy prints over the years from all the ranges on QVC but if you like it and look good in it don't let the guffaws on here put you off!

As a matter of interest what was the sizing like compared to your usual size in this item. TIA

Just listening to JF saying how she doesn't like the crinkle, and likes her clothes ironed! Says Jackie is the same. I love JF, seriously! Who else would say that?!! Good on you girl!

Is it my imagination or has she been making one or two rebellious comments lately? Respect!

I think that's crediting her with a modicum of intelligence; I still reckon she's a doofus and doesn't know from one minute to the next what she's said!

Each to their own!!
It does nothing for me personally at all and is too samey throughout the range for my liking and over priced for what it is ..It wouldn`t do for us all to walk around looking the same like a Stepford`s Wives Club. You can either wear crinkle or not as with linen ..you either love it or hate it ...it gives me a just got out of bed look which isn`t good!! ..and I agree IT wouldn`t be my choice to present the brand ..she wings it most of the time and comes out with utter rubbish too

I think think this is a range to suit very tall, very slim women. The kind of women imo who are not dressers in the usual sense of the word. Oh dear does anyone get annoyed at Tarrant saying these are great outfits for students?

Unless a parent is footing the bill I know of no students who could afford these prices!

reminds me in some ways about join. you need to have some height to carry off the huge amount of fabric. yong kim is is more cut to fit sizes.

I'm 5'7", a size 24, and have about 4 items of Yong Kim. Have to choose carefully because only certain styles will fit.
I've been layering for years, and love it. So comfortable. So my Yong Kim stuff blend right in.

About 3 weeks ago a woman stopped me in the street to compliment me on my tunic - so I guess it works on some non giant, non skinny people.

Can't wait for YK's larger sizes to arrive - although the brighter colours don't suit me, so I stick to the cocoa, putty, brown, beige shades. And the swing jackets would never suit me in a million years!

I love this range and I am a pudding. Ok not such a fan of the crinkle but I LOVE the modal. I also bought this http://www.qvcuk.com/Yong-Kim-Round....114466.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-20-_-114466 in teal when it was a TSV. I didn't like it when I first saw it but it grew on me during the day. When it arrived I liked it but wasn't sold on it considering the price but I had so much going on in my life at the time. I couldn't be arsed returning it. I have had so many compliments wearing it.

The modal though I bond with as soon as I see it. It hangs so beautifully and feels so lovely. I have picked up a few pieces on ebay. :)

Latest posts

Back