New Liz Earle Perfume

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm clueless about perfume "families" I just sniff and swab, and then decide if I like them (or they like me) or not....

A lot of perfumes which smell lovely on others smell totally rank on me - courtesy of different skin chemistry, I suppose.

I used to like the original Rochas "Femme"... Chanel No. 5, Paloma Picasso, Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue, Liz Earle No. 1, White Company Noir, Chanel Chance Eau Vive, Issy Miyake L'Eau D'Issy, Davidoff Cool Water Woman, L'Occitane Notre Flore Myrte, Clarins Eau Dynamisante, Clarins Eau Ressourçante, L'Occitane Verveine, L'Occitane Calenques, Yves Saint Laurent Y, Crabtree & Evelyn La Source. So a fair amount of florals, some citrussy, some oceanic, but not a clue at all as to which families they sit in!

I've had some real disasters that smelled TERRIBLE on me, and ones I liked but couldn't live with when I wore them (Thierry Mugler Angel, Yves Saint Laurent Paris prominently spring to mind).

That is how it should be, you sniff you love it you just wear it.

No5 is horrid on me, I think its the jasmine(white florals and I do not get along, unless beaten down by other big notes), I swear it smells like a brand new plastic bag. On others its gorgeous. Strangely No22 is fine on me.

Vetiver is another one, I call it bog body as on me its like something buried in a bog for hundreds of years.

I can't wear Rive Gauche, which I can't say has particularly blighted my life but I do like it! They once bought out a summery alcohol-free version that was fine. I have the first 3 Liz Earle's but I do not like the last one, in the pink box. This one is sounding good so far.

i am a bit of a bore when it comes to perfume. i love/adore the scents when i was a little girl buying aperge, chanel 5, diorella, eau savagae (yes i wore aftershave) rive gauche and my beloved y. i suspect i love aldehydes and of course chypre scents. as i am getting older i like amber which i could not abide when i was younger. calvin klein obession is my fav amber its much niver than l'occitane amber which is quite rough

Funny how as you get older your nose and tastes change isn't it? I wouldn't have been "seen" dead in a floral fragrance a few years ago, but I've started to like florals now, and I actually bought Liz Earle's no 100 last week and can't get enough of it.

Elizabeth Arden is well known on perfume boards as creating some of the worse fragrances out there.

Sunflowers regularly voted worse one out there. Never went near a bottle so no idea what it smells like.

I think the only chypre I wore back in the day was Sortilege. I'm mainly a florals girl. Jo Malone's Earl Grey & Cucumber reminds me of Sortilege but no one else I know remembers it so I'm on my own with that.

Loving florals you would think I would like the Liz Earle perfumes but I don't like any. I wish I did understand what makes me like a perfume but I haven't a clue. I just have to go with the sniff em and see option.

i am a bit of a bore when it comes to perfume. i love/adore the scents when i was a little girl buying aperge, chanel 5, diorella, eau savagae (yes i wore aftershave) rive gauche and my beloved y. i suspect i love aldehydes and of course chypre scents. as i am getting older i like amber which i could not abide when i was younger. calvin klein obession is my fav amber its much niver than l'occitane amber which is quite rough

Love a lot of men's aftershave smells. The L'Occitane Calenques from a few years back is a more masculine unisex smell, and loved that. Also love their Eau de Baux.... And I love the smell of both Dior Eau Sauvage and the Eau Sauvage Extreme - love the citrussy notes and the balanced sweetness, where it can be too sweet in a women's citrussy fragrance. Eau Sauvage also reminds me of my lovely late dad (who loved scent more than my mum and was always trying new things).

My mum used to wear a perfume called Ma Griffe by Carven - I hated it... to the extent that I would leave the room before I would draw breath. But she also introduced me to Chanel No. 5 and Rochas Femme, Lancome Magie (a citrussy fragrance nothing like Magie Noire), and Nina Ricci Farouche.

Anyone remember Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass? My nana used to wear that one (another fragrance I detest, though not as much as Ma Griffe).

I will go and have a proper sniff of the new Liz Earle fragrance, but apart from No. 1 which I would class as a citrussy floral, I've not really got on with any of the others.

I wear quite a few men's the last one I bought was Roger & Gallet Homme Sport. They had £10 off in M&S last months so only £23.

Chanel Pour Monsieur,Guerlain Heritage,Mouchoir de Monsieur are favourites.

My mum loves Blue Grass, and all single white florals - Jasmine, Gardenia etc. Her most favourite ever was Goya's Gardenia, long since disappeared.
I like citrus and woody scents myself.

My hairdresser wears Alien or so I thought. It`s a perfume I dislike and when I asked her had she stocked up on it on her holidays she said it wasn`t Alien but Avon Rare Pearls so any Alien fans you now know where to get an identical dupe.

The only perfume I wear now is Chanel Mademoiselle. I've worn it since it was first launched, can't remember how many years that is exactly, and still get compliments on it to this day. I don't know why I love it so much, I just do.

First time I smell No15 I went, Dior Fahrenheit! I own it and still think very very similar.

No1 is quite like a classic Dior, Diorella.

I have my eye on no. 100 because it's a Gardenia based floral. Any ideas if it is a dupe of another?

Latest posts

Back