Tarte TSV 15/10/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now I know why I never buy foundation from QVC. It`s a minefield !

I lucked out with the Laura Geller Balance & Brighten, as with all the "swirls" I could see it was potentially very adaptable. My first purchase wasn't a big set, just the B&B and one of the original retractable brushes - less of a torment if it hadn't worked out (if you love parts of a kit, you might decide to keep it).

Yah!!!!!! Mine has been shipped.

Leigh has put this guide up on her facebook page. Nicole Kidman has got the boot is seems.:mysmilie_17:

Fair (Neutral) – Emma Stone
Fair-Light Neutral – Helen Mirren, Anne Hathway
Light (Neutral) – Kate Blanchett
Light-Medium (Honey) – Kate Middleton, Sienna Miller
Medium (Honey) – Victoria Beckham, Cheryl Cole
Medium-Tan (Sand) – Jessica Alba, Eva Mendes
Tan (Sand) – Chrissy Teigen, Rihanna
Deep (Honey) – Beyonce, Serena William

I now think I have gone for the correct shade.

Leigh has put this guide up on her facebook page. Nicole Kidman has got the boot is seems.:mysmilie_17:

I hope you are right and your shade is spot-on.

That's all very well to say these celebrities represent the skin tone... but until I see the colour swatched on those celebrities skin, I won't believe it! 9 times out of 10 when you see pictures of these people (I'll except Serena Williams when she's on court) they are passed through photoshopping and filters before we get to see them.

I'd actually give them more credence if they swatched and compared, while on QVC UK, to QVC UK models, guests and presenters.

Most of the time when a professional makeup artist makes up a celebrity, they don't use a single foundation shade on them, rather they mix to create a custom shade... so it's all rather disingenuous anyway.

It's all very well if you know who these people are!
And even, if you did, I expect you'd need to see them in real life, in daylight rather than in a magazine or under film/TV lights.

In an ideal world ( as it were) they'd let you get little sample sachets of the shades you think might be for you in their various brands.

Wow Tarte have gone to a lot of trouble and expense having celebrities as their shade models. Amazing they all agreed!

I have the light sand from the last tsv and while in Florida was colour matched to the fair light neutral. I have just put a blob of each on my hand and in daylight they look exactly the same.

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 283
I have the light sand from the last tsv and while in Florida was colour matched to the fair light neutral. I have just put a blob of each on my hand and in daylight they look exactly the same.

Thank you so much for posting this, you have helped me confirm that I need the lighest shade Fair Neutral, which I have now ordered on AD. I've never AD before but given the 20% drop in the value of the £, I think this time its worth having the option to continue to buy at this pice for up to another 6 months. However, I think I will cancel after the 2nd drop if the 3rd AD picture is correct and it's a crayon (not the pallette which the description refers too). I may ebay the eyeshadow in this first drop too as I've just purchased the Mally OTO which are very similar shades, but I'll decide when it's in my hands!

I much prefer the texture of the RFotS foundation to the 12 hour one, much lighter but still gives me enough coverage. But I hate the dropper bottle, I might experiment with finding an ordinary lid for the bottle or maybe the pump from another foundation would fit.

Maymorganlondon: I did those swatches for the beauty Bash thread about the June Tarte TSV but I can see the labels aren't right for the Laura Geller B&B samples. But I was trying to show how "dark" the tarte powder foundation in Light Beige is, so I remember the samples were Medium and Fair (not Fair and Porcelain) HTH :blush:

Everyone! We need to retire to a dark room with a damp flannel over our eyes and stop agonizing over foundations. Ebay will be awash with the palette and other component parts so if you already have a foundation you love, jump away from the phones. I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to foundations; I have a few that are perfect, I even have a stockpile of the Josie Maran one because she's not back on QVC until next year so why do I think the grass will be greener when a new "all singing all dancing" foundation comes out? That coupled with a few pretty looking colour products: a lippy and a palette and I find myself tempted by the next TSV! I'm beyond hope but there's still time to save yourselves...jump away from the phones!

Final thought for the day: The QVC barstewards have now increased the price of that blusher set to £34.50 (still free p&p)...That's more than it would have cost at the £30 when I first saw it with the usual £3.95 postage. I'm not as green as I am cabbage-looking - they are taking the P!ss! I bet they'll be cooing and Ahhing when they announce that as it's a Christmas Surprise they've generously taken off the postage!

I'm just as bad.
I've got loads of wrong foundations, mostly because they're too dark, me making Morticia look suntanned. But even if I suspect the next foundation won't be any better I get sucked in by the other bits. I'm a sucker for a nice brush or lovely looking palette.
I noticed that blush set the other day. Was tempted till I noticed how small they really were but haven't been back to check the price changing.....what a swizz.

Good job I'm not interested as UK mainland only. WTF??. I refuse to buy anything from a brand that has this policy.

This is becoming more and more common with Q

Leighton has just described the quartet.of blushers as "Deluxe sizes" which I think is really misleading. Surely deluxe suggests a super size, not a mini size. Travel size might have been a better description for lots of 1.5g of blusher. I mean, good grief, Laura Geller 's single eyeshadow compacts used to be bigger!

Leigh has just described the quartet.of blushers as "Deluxe sizes" which I think is really misleading. Surely deluxe suggests a super size, not a mini size. Travel size might have been a better description for 4 lots of 1.5g of blusher. I mean, good grief, Laura Geller 's single eyeshadow compacts used to be bigger!

I caught a bit of the presentation of the miniature, sorry, deluxe blushers. If I was Leigh, Debbie Flint would have been prostrate on the floor for the way she was speaking to her... ordering her about soto-voce... basically directing her on-air... what need a producer and studio manager, or the gallery. Debbie seemed to be doing it all. So appallingly rude!

I thought the makeup looked way overdone on the models, and Leigh herself had a slightly dirty tinge to her skin, especially around the eyes - too much brow product and all the other eye products to boot. Generally I think their foundation this time was better at not giving the models a ghastly tinge to their skin... maybe a little more sheer.

I also notice that they appear to have sold out of all shades but the Tan Sand if you're going for the AD option... at just coming up to 1am!!

As has Oprah Winfrey! :giggle:

I much prefer the texture of the RFotS foundation to the 12 hour one, much lighter but still gives me enough coverage. But I hate the dropper bottle, I might experiment with finding an ordinary lid for the bottle or maybe the pump from another foundation would fit.

Maymorganlondon: I did those swatches for the beauty Bash thread about the June Tarte TSV but I can see the labels aren't right for the Laura Geller B&B samples. But I was trying to show how "dark" the tarte powder foundation in Light Beige is, so I remember the samples were Medium and Fair (not Fair and Porcelain) HTH :blush:

Everyone! We need to retire to a dark room with a damp flannel over our eyes and stop agonizing over foundations. Ebay will be awash with the palette and other component parts so if you already have a foundation you love, jump away from the phones. I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to foundations; I have a few that are perfect, I even have a stockpile of the Josie Maran one because she's not back on QVC until next year so why do I think the grass will be greener when a new "all singing all dancing" foundation comes out? That coupled with a few pretty looking colour products: a lippy and a palette and I find myself tempted by the next TSV! I'm beyond hope but there's still time to save yourselves...jump away from the phones!

Final thought for the day: The QVC barstewards have now increased the price of that blusher set to £34.50 (still free p&p)...That's more than it would have cost at the £30 when I first saw it with the usual £3.95 postage. I'm not as green as I am cabbage-looking - they are taking the P!ss! I bet they'll be cooing and Ahhing when they announce that as it's a Christmas Surprise they've generously taken off the postage!

Complete liberty, and Debbie was duly exclaiming that we'd be getting the full price we paid back if we returned it (and we say they never give us anything!) Thanks for pointing this and the pathetic sizes out, will definitely not be ordering now, for "gifting" purposes or otherwise! So true about the agonising, the more I've read and researched the more confused I've got. :drunk: It wouldn't be such a momentous decision :)wink:) if it wasn't for the auto deliveries. Have plumped for the Light Neutral, with little hope or expectation of it being a decent match. I'd have gone for two and returned / "gifted" / flogged the other kit but couldn't decide whether to order one up or one down! :grin:

Leighton has just described the quartet.of blushers as "Deluxe sizes" which I think is really misleading. Surely deluxe suggests a super size, not a mini size. Travel size might have been a better description for lots of 1.5g of blusher. I mean, good grief, Laura Geller 's single eyeshadow compacts used to be bigger!

They described the contents of the Tili beauty boxes as "deluxe" sizes, too. Regulars will soon come to approach the term with similar caution as "made especially for QVC"!!

I caught a bit of the presentation of the miniature, sorry, deluxe blushers. If I was Leigh, Debbie Flint would have been prostrate on the floor for the way she was speaking to her... ordering her about soto-voce... basically directing her on-air... what need a producer and studio manager, or the gallery. Debbie seemed to be doing it all. So appallingly rude!

I thought the makeup looked way overdone on the models, and Leigh herself had a slightly dirty tinge to her skin, especially around the eyes - too much brow product and all the other eye products to boot. Generally I think their foundation this time was better at not giving the models a ghastly tinge to their skin... maybe a little more sheer.

I also notice that they appear to have sold out of all shades but the Tan Sand if you're going for the AD option... at just coming up to 1am!!

It was a glitch in the system, they're all available again now.

Latest posts

Back