Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Right, thanks Shopps. I am chilled about this one though, not in my usual Yankee panic in case it goes astray, lol. Do IW send you a tracking email when despatched?

YeaH Mazza, you get one saying it’s left the warehouse then one usually the following day saying you can track your parcel 😃

I needed some Gorilla glue so bought Wednesday afternoon from Amazon £4.09 15mls bottle. It was fully tracked and arrived as promised on Friday with Hermes.

You can’t fault Amazon.

I think it’s the fact you can’t track anything on Q which is the real pain. What the hell does “in process” mean if it’s still there 3 weeks later , IMO that’s not process it’s bliddy dead stop.

If you knew what was happening even if it was delayed but the not knowing is annoying.

up side is we are always at home to take the delivery so no excuses for “no one at home” cards when you know they didn’t even ring the door bell.

As I’ve said before the 3 or 4 deliveries we have had via DPD have been a total disaster, 1 arriving 3 weeks after tracking saying will be with you today and 2 which never arrived at all despite the same message . Mr L ordered from Amazon and received email today saying * it is coming by DPD. Tomorrow is trolly dash day so will be out - will be just our luck they will deliver then!!

I suspect the backlog of emails at QVC Towers includes lots of chasers, duplicate and triplicate messages. They could get a team of people working at home to go through and delete all but the original queries. Then they’d be in a position to deal with them - in date order, until it’s under control and they can open their email gates again.

Right, thanks Shopps. I am chilled about this one though, not in my usual Yankee panic in case it goes astray, lol. Do IW send you a tracking email when despatched?

IW usually use Hermes and I’ve always been sent tracking information, from Hermes. They even give you a window of what time it will be delivered. Everything I’ve ordered has always arrived when expected, but I do have an excellent Hermes team where I am (thankfully.)

In my opinion, they are more reliable than QVC because QVC also use Royal Mail and you don’t get tracking for RM as a rule.

I’ve not had that email, but I did get one offering me a £5 off code because of the long wait for compost (which I no longer need.)

I’d like to have that email survey but I doubt I’d get the £30 for my answers. 😉
Do you think if we cancel the £5 off gets deleted!

The common denominator regarding poor delivery is Q and their direct suppliers as none of us have multiple problems with couriers (exception DPD but don t start me!) or RM when we order from other on line stores. Admittedly we have had a couple of no shows from Amazon in the past year but they have always been sorted.

Do you think if we cancel the £5 off gets deleted

Possibly not if you order something before the compost is scheduled to be dispatched. Also, the email said the £5 was for the frustration caused so I assume it can be used at any time, so if QVC refuse the accept the code then it’ll be more than frustration that’s caused.

Apparently RM are going to stop Saturday deliveries for letters.

No sure of the sense as still doing parcels and our postie delivers letter and parcels at the same time. Maybe if the junked the junk Mail it might be more in their line rather than having RM employees and householders having to handle stuff which goes into the bin without reading. Mentioned this to our postie and he said they never would as it is a massive money spinner for them.

Yes, LATI I read that on the money-saving site.

Well, I have had no post since last Thursday and I am waiting for two (well to me) important letters sent 1st class. I was told no matter how you send letters both will come when they come no 1st or 2nd class post. I am being to think that if the postie only has one or two letters for your street they just wait until they get more and then deliver. My postie did say the sorting office was a war zone and he was doing two routes while my postie is doing parcels only for two routes.

Years ago when my friend moved to New Zealand we would write to each other. Oh the joy of finding a letter in the post box. I would never open it immediately, but settle down with a cuppa and read it, savouring each part of it. Of course now we email, but I do miss the pleasure of getting that hand written letter through the post.

We must be fortunate, or maybe in a parallel universe, because we haven't noticed any difference in our deliveries, we're last on the round & it's usually after 1 o'clock before I see the van at the top of the road. Our binmen & milkman have said that it's been business as usual & they've loved the roads being less busy & the council's reinstated the green collections this week which is just as well because I could win first prize in a silage competition with what's fermenting in ours.

Anyone else got an email from QVC about doing email survey everything for four weeks? You get to write whole sentences too. And get £30 to use at the end if you complete the whole project.

Okay, I thought you really want to know what I think and give me £30 to use with you? No problem.
I only get emails for the TSVs.

Latest posts

Back