Do you think QVC are going bust?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I enjoy some of the presentations on Q but it seems to depend on my mood on a given day. I have to say that my favourite ones are the gardening ones. I have had particularly good results from Plants2gardens, since their first appearance on Q. I have also dealt with them direct, they can’t do enough to help.

I am watching this morning with the sound down, that awful pair Claire Sutton and the woman who shows us the naff garden crystals and ornaments, can’t recall her name, but she has no dress sense and I find her quite.....well let’s just say being kind......lowly looking!🤮🤮

Some of you may also recall, the often comparisons QVC have made over the years between their garden things and those to be purchased in garden centres! Well I certainly do, but it seems now those plants from garden centres are ok, because.....they are now being touted on QVC because of closures. Yeah right!😡😡🥳🤐🤐🤐

Just thought I would add that I have two Bernini Fountains. I love them and may buy another for front of house. Had my 2 for about 6 years😀

Last edited:
Agree about Plants2Gardens, they produce quality plants. They seem expensive but that's because they are big established plants and when you compare a £23.99 5L shrub with 6 plug plants from another company but around the same price P2G are very good value. My Brown Sugar acer is spectacular.

CC

Yes, it is. I did point out to CS that, as I hadn’t ordered it, then someone who had wouldn’t get theirs. 😞

And for about the first time, it wasn’t QVC’s fault because the invoice inside the package clearly said “compost” so the error is at Thompson and Morgan’s end. 😳
I':geek:m pleased to report that my daughter's tsv arrived today, so you havent got hers :)

Agree about Plants2Gardens, they produce quality plants. They seem expensive but that's because they are big established plants and when you compare a £23.99 5L shrub with 6 plug plants from another company but around the same price P2G are very good value. My Brown Sugar acer is spectacular.

CC
So is my Acer. I now have 2 from P2G. I purchased one last year from a Garden Centre. Did nothing different and it dies within the first month.

I quite like a bit of Eek and having a £5 voucher because they haven’t delivered compost, i was feeling a bit down this week so treated myself to an Eek ring. Arrived today and I’ve got to say it is probably the best one I’ve bought in 10+ years so feeling a bit more cheerful at not getting the compost or plants.

I quite like a bit of Eek and having a £5 voucher because they haven’t delivered compost, i was feeling a bit down this week so treated myself to an Eek ring. Arrived today and I’ve got to say it is probably the best one I’ve bought in 10+ years so feeling a bit more cheerful at not getting the compost or plants.
Ooh, lets see it. Itemnumber?

If it was the miracle gro compost that you ordered, then that should arrive round about 22nd May. The £5 voucher was, according to my email, for any frustration caused because of its delay. 🙄 Considering the amount of plants that have arrived half dead and the number of orders that haven’t turned up, QVC must be sending out vouchers left, right and centre. 😂

I’m glad you found something to treat yourself with. 🙂

Oooh, that's a bit different and I love emeralds. I have one Mr CC bought me in the Caribbean eons ago when we first met but it's a chip, not as spectacular as yours. Thankfully it has sold out as we are now past wine o'clock, I'm on my last day at work tomorrow before a few days off and temptation is hovering. Must resist (however, please don't ask me about the nonsense I bought on the Coco Bianco hour :rolleyes:)

CC

I have just bought an eek ring and and me likee. However, when it arrived it was hanging out of the ring box in its plastic bag. Thanks QVC for taking such care of my item and presenting it so beautifully. Not.

I have a good quality real emerald and one other Eek one and now this and TBH you would be hard pushed to know the difference with the naked eye.

it was the antique style that attracted me and as I hate claws they are really tiny with the rest of them bezel set.

I have just bought an eek ring and and me likee. However, when it arrived it was hanging out of the ring box in its plastic bag. Thanks QVC for taking such care of my item and presenting it so beautifully. Not.
Mine was the same and because of the shape of the ring the box lid doesn’t really close.

I think that the items are stored in the plastic bags with a large bar code, then when an order is being fulfilled the plastic bag is picked up and put in the Jiffy bag along with an empty box.

344576 sorry can’t do links

That's nice, like the vintage look - big stone!

Thanks for sharing it with us - we girls love to look at each others spoils! I don't think emeralds suit me - but love aquamarine & non tribal turquoise. Don't think I have the confidence to wear such a huge emerald, but I'm sure it will look great on you.

Oooh, that's a bit different and I love emeralds. I have one Mr CC bought me in the Caribbean eons ago when we first met but it's a chip, not as spectacular as yours. Thankfully it has sold out as we are now past wine o'clock, I'm on my last day at work tomorrow before a few days off and temptation is hovering. Must resist (however, please don't ask me about the nonsense I bought on the Coco Bianco hour :rolleyes:)

CC
Showus! showus showus showus!

I have a good quality real emerald and one other Eek one and now this and TBH you would be hard pushed to know the difference with the naked eye.

it was the antique style that attracted me and as I hate claws they are really tiny with the rest of them bezel set.
I too loathe claws. Why are Q's rings replete with this ugly setting? Is it because they are the cheapest to produce? I know nothing about stones, metals & settings etc etc. Wish there was a lovely non idiot style book, with glamorous photos that made for a better learning experience of such things......

CC
A gaucho jumpsuit or the pink & red dress with the leaf pattern?

That's nice, like the vintage look - big stone!

Thanks for sharing it with us - we girls love to look at each others spoils! I don't think emeralds suit me - but love aquamarine & non tribal turquoise. Don't think I have the confidence to wear such a huge emerald, but I'm sure it will look great on you.
I love aqua and turquoise too. The stone isn’t that big in fact it’s quite dainty in RL.

Latest posts

Back