• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 3549

Guest Shopper
This seems too good to be true!!

Has anyone ever tried diet chef and asked for a refund. I know that they will do it but it seems mad...yoou have a feed (even if you are probably still hungary after!) and you get the money back.

How much would be acceptable to send back??

I know it is no different to sending a half used designer moisturiser back.

Has anyone ever done it??

On reading the reviews on the QVC web site those who only gave the food one star had returned the rest and had received a refund, but they don't say how much they had eaten.

This seems too good to be true!!

Has anyone ever tried diet chef and asked for a refund. I know that they will do it but it seems mad...yoou have a feed (even if you are probably still hungary after!) and you get the money back.

How much would be acceptable to send back??

I know it is no different to sending a half used designer moisturiser back.

Has anyone ever done it??

I was thinking the same thing! I'd feel too guilty to try it, but if you did follow it and didn't loose any weight I guess you could do it??

Anyone else feel sorry for Debbie Greenwood having to rave about the food that looked like it had been sitting around for ages especially that congealed porridge? Yuck!

Anyone else feel sorry for Debbie Greenwood having to rave about the food that looked like it had been sitting around for ages especially that congealed porridge? Yuck!

Yes, and unusually for DG (IMO) she is being quite loud and pushy with it - perhaps it's not selling very well and she's under orders ?

As far as I'm concerned we might as well just buy ready meals from the supermarket. M&S have some lovely nutritious meals in their Count on Us and Feel Fuller ranges and they show the fat, fibre, calorie and sugar content on the packet .

I asked this question before as AK was presenting a diet chef show. And made some flippant remark about being able to try it for the month then send it back and essentially not pay for it!! I think she realised what she was suggesting and backtracked by saying something like 'although of course there would be nothing to send back so you couldn't really'. Then she changed the subject altogether as she was getting herself in knots!!

I assume you CAN try the whole thing and send it back, claiming maybe that you didn't like it? Same as using a whole months Bliss Capsules and sending back the empty pot? They leave themselves open to this by having a 30 day MBG I reckon...

Yes, and unusually for DG (IMO) she is being quite loud and pushy with it - perhaps it's not selling very well and she's under orders ?

As far as I'm concerned we might as well just buy ready meals from the supermarket. M&S have some lovely nutritious meals in their Count on Us and Feel Fuller ranges and they show the fat, fibre, calorie and sugar content on the packet .

Exactly what I was going to say....and I certainly wouldn't be spending £119 on ready meals in the space of one month, and "Chef"...my foot!

I tried it once, it was horrible. Couldn't see how you could stomach it for more than a couple of days. Sadly all these diet things never work - eating sensibly and a bit more exercise is the only long term solution.

P.S. Like a fool I never bothered asking for my money back.

I think you are going to lose weight if you really really decide you're going to, and I would definitely recommend classes such as Slimming World and Weight Watchers, 'cause not only do you get the support of other members, you get loads of other hints and tips that can help you for life. Ok, the classes aren't particularly cheap, but cheaper than spending more than £100 a month on chef "inspired" ready meals. I say inspired as I very much doubt that these are lovingly prepared by a chef/chefs rather than boiled up in industrial sized vats in a great big factory!

I suppose they're a quick fix for the single person who's wants to lose a small amount of weight in a short period of time, but for a long term diet plan, I doubt if it would suit most people's lifestyles ie, the cost, the fact they've still got to prepare food for the rest of the family.

In my twenties, I went on a similar sort of diet, living off low fat ready meals, health bars etc, and of course I did lose weight, only to pile it back on again as soon as I started eating normally again.....you would wouldn't you?

i tried this once direct from diet chef, and the soups were absolutely horrible, i rang them up to say i wanted to return it and they said ok but you have to pay the postage, it was about 15 quid, so i just chucked the stuff inthe bin, and vowed never again!!

I joined WW and got the Wii fit out - my mom's quite happy to drink a shake for breakfast but it's just not something that works for me, I'd rather go with a yoghurt and some blueberries.

moynah, OH will be pleased by your information!

Hey Viva! .. not a fool! You might have been kicked from QVC if you returned it, seeing as they tend to be in the kicking mood these days. Yup yr right, "eat less-move more" is the most hated, but effective solution

One client, wanted to drop some lbs, but Loathed exercise. so I said "what do you like?" she replied "sex" so I instructed her MINIMUM 4 times a week, with Hubster, but she must be , 'On Top' for at least 20 mins
-- and yes, the pounds melted. - great cardio! :clapping:

Nearly spat my tea out I was laughing so much!!! Brilliant! :grin:

(mum writes)

I'm laughing now because reading this has made me think of my sister and brother-in-law. They are both large people, and always have been. They joined WeightWatchers to try and lose some pounds. She tells me about counting points and things called "syns". They both eat their big evening dinner before they go to the meetings. They've been going for 8 years and never lost an ounce between them because they enjoy the social life :) It's the only reason they go.

And a friend of mine, now sadly passed, who would eat anything but finished up with a crispbread because he thought that would make him lose weight. If only!

Malcolm from Lock and Lock was on and said that he doesn't believe in diets. He eats what he likes but just cut down his portions. I've always said the same. You need to change your lifestyle to lose weight. Diets just make you crave which is bad for your mental health too. Little and often keeps your metabolism going.

Hey Viva! .. not a fool! You might have been kicked from QVC if you returned it, seeing as they tend to be in the kicking mood these days. Yup yr right, "eat less-move more" is the most hated, but effective solution

One client, wanted to drop some lbs, but Loathed exercise. so I said "what do you like?" she replied "sex" so I instructed her MINIMUM 4 times a week, with Hubster, but she must be , 'On Top' for at least 20 mins
-- and yes, the pounds melted. - great cardio! :clapping:

Shhhhhhhhh Don't tell my hubby that one:wait:

(mum writes)

Malcolm from Lock and Lock was on and said that he doesn't believe in diets. He eats what he likes but just cut down his portions. I've always said the same. You need to change your lifestyle to lose weight. Diets just make you crave which is bad for your mental health too. Little and often keeps your metabolism going.

That's pretty much what Paul McKenna's plan is all about, too. Eat when hungry to keep metabolism up, but eat slowly, consciously, and guess what? stop as soon as you feel remotely full! In the end, you just learn to serve up much smaller portions, as your body realises it does not need as much. No forbidden foods, either, but somehow you just end up making healthier choices, perhaps because you don't HAVE to. It worked for me - 4 stone off and apart from a few hiccups when I forget to think about what I am doing, it's far better than cutting certain foods out and feeling so hungry that you end up bingeing.

I agree with this method too. I think portion sizes are out of control these days.

When I went to my friend's at New Year's Eve, I noticed the glasses were small and the host only refilled them once everybody's were empty. Before the meal, the female host noticed the white wine had run out (the others were drinking red) and did I want more? I was too embarrassed to make her get up again as she had been running around after everyone, so I said I was happy to drink water. It was actually very good, I enjoyed my food, didn't drink any more wine and could actually drive home - much to my husband's delight.

I think this is the answer. Smaller glasses, smaller plates, gaps between so your stomach has time to realise you don't need any more. I think food is a wonderful pleasure for most people, so it is ridiculous to cut out your favourites. I used to adore chocolate and be really quite piggy about it. Now I buy packs of five dark bars from Aldi (it's very good - called Moser Roth) for £1.70. Each bar is 145 calories and the chocolate is very rich - over 70%. I eat the bar very slowly with a good cup of coffee and thoroughly savour each mouthful. It is a more pleasurable experience than stuffing down a Mars Bar in the street!

Sometimes we just eat because we are bored or a bit fed up. Often we mistake being hungry for being thirsty. I purchased a pretty teapot which uses loose tea leaves and now I have a cup of good quality tea in a bone china cup on a tray and I find I don't want to eat afterwards.

There isn't a need to buy expensive, special foods which one person is eating on their own whilst all the family are tucking into normal fare.

Anyway, just my view...

Latest posts

Back