A Taste of Christmas TSV 09/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

All the Christmas magazines are out now and they prove what I’ve always thought that it’s just cut and paste from earlier years as not one has addressed C19/lockdown/SD, according to them we will have loads of quests, going to spas and driving the country buying meaningless tat.

I’m not a Christmas person at the best of time so a lockdown Christmas won’t worry me in the slightest.

One thing for sure - nothing will come from Q.

All the Christmas magazines are out now and they prove what I’ve always thought that it’s just cut and paste from earlier years as not one has addressed C19/lockdown/SD, according to them we will have loads of quests, going to spas and driving the country buying meaningless tat.

I’m not a Christmas person at the best of time so a lockdown Christmas won’t worry me in the slightest.

I'm a Christmas person at the worst of times & the thought of the festive season under these draconian rules makes me despair.

Now now, to be fair I've had a fair few gammon joints from QVC and they have been lovely. I am not like a reviewer that said her son would have eaten the whole joint to himself (they thought it small). I'm not a big eater though and I agree that they do oversell (and lie) about the amount of people the meat parcels would feed if people eat a lot. We're supposed to be going to mum's this year so M&S will be getting the cash, not Q.

CC

Attachments

• Gingerbread TSV 1.jpg
    Gingerbread TSV 1.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Gingerbread TSV 2.jpg
    Gingerbread TSV 2.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 133
  • Gingerbread TSV 3.jpg
    Gingerbread TSV 3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 131
  • Gingerbread TSV 4.jpg
    Gingerbread TSV 4.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Gingerbread TSV 5.jpg
    Gingerbread TSV 5.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 125
A month or so back I was sorely tempted by a pack of Lambertz gingerbread in a tin. They were on advanced order so you wouldn't get them until November. I really loved the sound of the biscuits but I didn't really want to pay so much just to have them presented in a fancy tin that would just add to the clutter in the house and end up being chucked. I'd have been happy to order a smaller selection in a cardboard box and pay a lot less. I wish these companies would stop doing this and concentrate on the product instead of the packaging. I guess it's to make them giftable, but nobody's really bothered about having a empty tin to put stuff in, even if it plays music or what have you. The biscuits I wanted to try were £20, but had they been presented in a cardboard box , or a couple of cardboard boxes they'd probably have been half the price

A month or so back I was sorely tempted by a pack of Lambertz gingerbread in a tin. They were on advanced order so you wouldn't get them until November. I really loved the sound of the biscuits but I didn't really want to pay so much just to have them presented in a fancy tin that would just add to the clutter in the house and end up being chucked. I'd have been happy to order a smaller selection in a cardboard box and pay a lot less. I wish these companies would stop doing this and concentrate on the product instead of the packaging. I guess it's to make them giftable, but nobody's really bothered about having a empty tin to put stuff in, even if it plays music or what have you. The biscuits I wanted to try were £20, but had they been presented in a cardboard box , or a couple of cardboard boxes they'd probably have been half the price
I tell you where you can get gorgeous ginger bread and biscuits is Ikea for very very few pounds in a basic box but the contents are delicious. they do lovely treats at low prices

If they say Marsh MELLOWs again I'm gonna scream....They are called Marsh MALLOWs. Even the brand ambassador's saying it. This drives me crazy...It's not a difficult word to say...I suppose it would be with a mouthful of the buggers!

If they say Marsh MELLOWs again I'm gonna scream....They are called Marsh MALLOWs. Even the brand ambassador's saying it. This drives me crazy...It's not a difficult word to say...I suppose it would be with a mouthful of the buggers!
How funny! If you live anywhere near me, you will have just heard me shouting “marshMALLOW” about 50 times. I thought it was just me as so many people seem to say it like that. It’s just one of those things that annoys the hell out of me, especially when it’s said repeatedly as Jill was just doing. I am doing housework with Q on as background noise. I had to mute it to keep my blood pressure down.

I also came on to say two other things.
(1) How expensive is this food from QVC? I know a lot of it is hand-made (apparently) and from small manufacturers who can’t afford to knock the stuff out at supermarket prices, but even so! Imagine the cost per head if you did a dinner party using all things from this food show, especially with all the P&P. You wouldn’t, though, because you’d only receive half of it in time.
(2) Why oh why do they have to have the presenter tasting everything? It’s just not helpful because we can’t taste it through them and of course they’re not going to spit it out or grimace, but instead moan suggestively and go “ooooh”, “mmmmm”. It really winds me up and it’s horribly wasteful because Jilly sticking her spoon in the soup and then back in again means the lot will have to be thrown out afterwards. And another thing (you see how irritable I am - sadly not just today when it comes to food shows), I cannot stand the sound of people chomping or that slushy sound when they eat soft foods with the mic picking it all up. It makes me feel murderous.

😡😡😡

Why didn’t I put music on to work to instead??

I agree regarding the cost Andi. I quite fancied trying The Tipsy Gin set that they were showing earlier until I noticed that they wanted £7.95 to send it to me. I mean come on, that’s just taking the pi$$ IMO.

I agree regarding the cost Andi. I quite fancied trying The Tipsy Gin set that they were showing earlier until I noticed that they wanted £7.95 to send it to me. I mean come on, that’s just taking the pi$$ IMO.
Jeez, I missed that! I confess I am very occasionally tempted but I work out the cost per item including P&P and it puts me right off. Those marshMALLOW choc bombe things, which I wouldn’t have been interested in but my niece would kill for, were all but £20 for 6 - £3.32 per drink and then you have to add your own milk.

Latest posts

Back