A wee extract from Claudia Sylvester's blog on platinum on QVCUK.COM

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's probably a very insecure person and needs to constantly reiterate her status, poor lass.

Think she must have read this thread or at least her sister-in-law has according to her reply on her blog

No - I didn't like the "tone of her blog" - I felt that even before it was posted it,but,I feel really sorry for her now.do you think its directed at this thread? It must be hard to read all these things sbout yourself - no one can be that thick skinned.

All credit to Claudia for realising that the blog entry was not good. It cannot have been easy but I'm sure she is the type of person that will learn something from the whole experience.

Think she must have read this thread or at least her sister-in-law has according to her reply on her blog

Well if her sister-in-law steered her toward this thread,there's an interesting dynamic,dontcha think???......what I think is probably the truth is that Claudia came across this herself and is using that as a cover story.

Ohh my the poor lass is so hurt.

Don't want her to be hurt,would be nice if it just opened her eyes up a bit.

No - I didn't like the "tone of her blog" - I felt that even before it was posted it,but,I feel really sorry for her now.do you think its directed at this thread? It must be hard to read all these things sbout yourself - no one can be that thick skinned.

All credit to Claudia for realising that the blog entry was not good. It cannot have been easy but I'm sure she is the type of person that will learn something from the whole experience.

Perchance to dream.

The problem I had with this thread is when peeps start being mean about how a girls name is pronounced or if she's scrawny etc, there's just no need for it. Claudia if you're reading I laugh like a fool most of the day too :grin:

Quote from her reply on her blog

Just been asked on my Twitter account if its the Diamonique with platinum.

No its real gems and apparantly my comments have offended some viewers as my sister in law called me today. It was quite hard to read and I don't worry as a rule because it really upset me and was totally misread and misinterpreted especially as i'm not a boastful person (yes a bit dopey, that i'll go along with!!).

Please read this months Woman & Home magazine to get a little more info about whats deep and important to me and perhaps lend your energy and support to this cause too.
Where theres tragedy, there's hope too.

Yes I want to do what I can to promote this show as its lovely jewellery but not to mock or upset others. As for my laughing being annoying, well whats life without laughter, boy its got me through some times...i'm afraid you'll have to put up with that though x

Hope you get my drift. Lots of love as always
Claudia

Actually I don't need Claudia to tell me where I might direct my energy, just because I come on here and have a bit of a gossip does not mean that I don't support deserving causes. I'm sure that's true for lots of people on here.

I don't accept her point about her comments being misread, to me they do come across as being boastful. I think it's more a reflection on Claudia's lack of insight into how other people would interpret those comments.

A comment about being sorry that her comments were interpreted differently from how they were meant would have been enough without the reference to the magazine article.

Quote from her reply on her blog

Just been asked on my Twitter account if its the Diamonique with platinum.

No its real gems and apparantly my comments have offended some viewers as my sister in law called me today. It was quite hard to read and I don't worry as a rule because it really upset me and was totally misread and misinterpreted especially as i'm not a boastful person (yes a bit dopey, that i'll go along with!!).

Please read this months Woman & Home magazine to get a little more info about whats deep and important to me and perhaps lend your energy and support to this cause too.
Where theres tragedy, there's hope too.

Yes I want to do what I can to promote this show as its lovely jewellery but not to mock or upset others. As for my laughing being annoying, well whats life without laughter, boy its got me through some times...i'm afraid you'll have to put up with that though x

Hope you get my drift. Lots of love as always
Claudia

Actually I don't need Claudia to tell me where I might direct my energy, just because I come on here and have a bit of a gossip does not mean that I don't support deserving causes. I'm sure that's true for lots of people on here.

I don't accept her point about her comments being misread, to me they do come across as being boastful. I think it's more a reflection on Claudia's lack of insight into how other people would interpret those comments.

A comment about being sorry that her comments were interpreted differently from how they were meant would have been enough without the reference to the magazine article.

Looks like a classic case of deflection to me, deflect interest onto the magazine article and away from the "blundering blog" mess:taphead:

Just logged on and seen this thread. We're at it again. Last time I got all antsy was when we all launched into Julia I think and it got to me. This time its Claudia who I happen to think is a very nice lady. I read her post on QVC and have found what she is referring to and good on her. Geez for someone who has suffered such loss she is amazing and I follow her on twitter and keep up with all she does with her kids too. Give her a break as i think this has all been blown the wrong way as we say up here. here it is
http://www.womanandhome.com/article...s/394237/qvc-presenter-claudia-sylvester.html

hope it works for you (had to get OH to do that bit for me). !

I don't think I've been particularly to nasty or cutting to claudia on this thread,I did read her blog and found the tone not to my taste.

I even went on her blog to see what response she had put and again I found it disappointing, that she has to want us to buy a magazine to see how she really feels about life.But hey,I kept those thoughts to myself.

I've just written a whole long passage about my heartache and history and deleted it all.Its irrevelant.I do take issue with claudia though when bringing up whats deep and close to her - I find that completely irrelevant to her platinuim blog.

Nothing like eating a big slice of humble pie to get the troops rallying to your defence. :rolleyes: Yes Clowdia luv, most of us support deserving causes but do so quietly and without announcing it to the world. :pPC:

Just logged on and seen this thread. We're at it again. Last time I got all antsy was when we all launched into Julia I think and it got to me. This time its Claudia who I happen to think is a very nice lady. I read her post on QVC and have found what she is referring to and good on her. Geez for someone who has suffered such loss she is amazing and I follow her on twitter and keep up with all she does with her kids too. Give her a break as i think this has all been blown the wrong way as we say up here. here it is
http://www.womanandhome.com/article...s/394237/qvc-presenter-claudia-sylvester.html

hope it works for you (had to get OH to do that bit for me). !

You'll forgive me if I don't break out my violins in regard to Mrs Sylvester's loss,myself and many others on this forum could give her a run for money in that department,thankfully this isn't a competition.

My only real issue is in regard to her blog,full stop!

And as for her giving a dignified response,she's hardly going to go apoplectic now is she?,it wouldn't be in keeping with her faultless breeding and exquisite tastes.;)

I wish her the best of luck during her platinum show,hope it all goes smoothly and that she has fun.

I think it was a dignified response to some very cutting comments.
Whereas I saw somebody saying 'it's the reader's fault for misreading/misinterpeting', rather than the writer's for miscommunicating. I do, however, agree that some of the remarks about her appearance on this thread have been cruel and unnecessary.

I'm definitely not a Claudia fan as I find her so patronising and judgemental. She is always saying that things don't suit her because she is soooo tiny but would be OK on big people!!! Who is she to decide what we should chose to wear? We all have different tastes and of course she can't like everything she is showing but I can't stand it when she tell people what they should or shouldn't buy. She seems to have a superiority complex and overstates her soooo petite size. I think she actually looks too thin and almost scrawny and could do with a decent meal. But we are all different and prefer different presenters for different reasons and it would be pretty boring if we all liked/disliked the same people. :nod:

I must be very hard for Claudia because of her 'breading' and I agree with some comments that she is deflecting the issue. Just because you have to sell SOME tat please do not take it to heart, its just a job, get over the comments as most are probably meant tongue in cheek, it just happens that it was your turn because last week it was AY turn and next week everyone will love you. You come across and a bit dippy,is this and act? but it suits you but please do not change your blog to what you think people want you to say, say what YOU want to say!!XXXTalisker

i like claudia but i can actually imagine her response to this thread:

'oh no i am not a snob, ask anyone, well... anyone who matters'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back