Account closing.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
After reading all the input on the MBG thread, I'm curious now and mum's a bit worried. She has sent back a fair bit of stuff, mostly because it just hasn't lived up to the claims made on air. If they did just close your account without notice, what would happen to any outstanding easy pays that you have? Do their mythical T&Cs state that they will just take the balance outstanding at the same time? Mum's worried because if they tried that, she'd not have anything left in the bank!! She doesn't have a credit card when she makes purchases and is on a limited income from disability benefits.

I don't have any easy pays on the go Moth but I received the confirmation letter today about my account closure and it said that if I have any orders yet to be delivered I can still return them within the 30 day mbg period and refunds would be issued back to my card as normal so I assume oustanding easy pay payments would still be collected as per the order.

It seems to be something of a minefield for both QVC and customers. I presume that they have to honour certain things that they state in the T&Cs and that you have statutory rights for. I can just imagine someone having their account closed with outstanding easypays on it, changing their bank and telling QVC to go lump it!

I can just imagine someone having their account closed with outstanding easypays on it, changing their bank and telling QVC to go lump it!

I wouldnt, they pass on to debt collectors if they dont get the money

I know it's in their T&C's but I think someone who could be bothered could make a legal challenge on this dubious practise of QVC's; especially when a lot of the returns are because of bad selling/descriptions by their presenters.

I don't think anyone should live "in fear" of the letter - however I'm so shocked that they've closed PPC's account - I thought that was more of a threat rather than a reality.I believe another forum member has also lost their account - concorcia? (sp)

I have recieved the letter as I did go through a stage of ordering everything that took my fancy - and then sending it back.I was more careful after that - and even kept a couple of items that I didn't like because I was scared to send them back! I managed to pass them on as presents :doh:

I've sent a few things back lately - but even one of them being faulty.I wonder if you are able to phone CS and ask about your return rate and what their opinion is,on it:call:

I don't have any easy pays on the go Moth but I received the confirmation letter today about my account closure and it said that if I have any orders yet to be delivered I can still return them within the 30 day mbg period and refunds would be issued back to my card as normal so I assume oustanding easy pay payments would still be collected as per the order.

Did you have any warning that they were going to close your account?

No Suki, I tried to log into my account on Tuesday evening to check on the status of an order and I got the following message:

QVC membership no and/or PIN not recognized. Please check and try again.

At first I thought it was a website glitch so tried a few more times then decided to call CS and was told bluntly that my account had been closed due to my level of returns. I was a bit shocked to say the least so yesterday I tried opening another account with one of my other email addresses but this was closed too and then shortly afterwards I received a call from a guy in their financial department who also told me the same thing, but there was no phone call prior to this and nobody had contacted me to discuss my returns at any time previously.

I am really shocked at the fact that they have closed someone's account down due to high level of returns. They are a shopping channel, they have a 30 MBG, they do not state that you can only order so many items and return so many items. Its not like we can see/feel a product before we purchase. If your payments had been refused from credit/debit card and you were in debt I could understand it but if a person is not in debt to them how can they possibly do this.

They keep going on about the 30 day MBG so some might believe that they can try things out & then return.Not so it seems? My returns have been low in the past but lately Ihave returned if I have even any doubt.More than that I am not ordering as I don't want to spend the P&P to find out I don't like.
QVC will have to get new ways of getting us to part with our money & that old chesnut P&P costs is the first stage.BUT to close accounts without warning?

No Suki, I tried to log into my account on Tuesday evening to check on the status of an order and I got the following message:

QVC membership no and/or PIN not recognized. Please check and try again.

At first I thought it was a website glitch so tried a few more times then decided to call CS and was told bluntly that my account had been closed due to my level of returns. I was a bit shocked to say the least so yesterday I tried opening another account with one of my other email addresses but this was closed too and then shortly afterwards I received a call from a guy in their financial department who also told me the same thing, but there was no phone call prior to this and nobody had contacted me to discuss my returns at any time previously.

To close your account without warning is completely unprofessional. They should have written to you first. I am getting so disillusioned with QVC at the moment and this is reflected in the very few orders i place now. I used to order several things a week and got into a lot of debt (which will take me a long, long time to pay off) but now I hardly order anything. They don't seem to give a damn about long-standing customers - all they care about is trying to impress the new ones on The Zone.

I'm completely shocked by this, that they can close your account without warning when you haven't defaulted on payments.
I too, always took them at their word about the MBG & am frankly appalled that they consider any amount of returns as reason to close an account when we have no way of knowing whether any item lives up to their claims till we actually get it delivered.

They're always banging on about their wonderful customer service, they should try comparing their policies with other online companies & learn to eat a bit of humble pie.
Since joining this forum I've had my eyes opened, thank you all, & find I'm ordering less & less.

PPC Sorry you got your account closed hun....For QVC to close your account without informing you, well that really sucks. You should have at least got a letter prior to closing your account....it's kinda heavy handed just to do it like that, seems really unfair!

With your first letter they should have made it very clear what the returns rate % should be, so you could have acted accordingly. Returns for QVC misdescribing an item/broken stuff or within the distance selling regulations time frame shouldn't be included.

PPC, maybe you should get through to the studio as a T caller and embarrass the hell out of them by saying that your account had been closed and therefore you could no longer shop with them. I don't know if this would work having never done it, do they ask for membership number or anything.

Whats next ?

1. Closing down your account if you don't order enough

or

2. Go for a period of time without ordering & they close the account down ?

I would suggest PPC that you contact your local trading standards office & get this checked out. Surely it can't be legal to close down someones account without warning simply because of a high level of returns ?

It would almost be a welcome relief if they closed mine! I don't have the strenght of character to do it myself, but it would be the quickest way to cure my bad habits! I sent back a ring today that was yet another impulse buy-perhaps that might just tip them over the edge.
By the way, I do not mean to make light of this for those people not happy about their accounts being closed-but I am serious-I need a kick and that might help me.

I would suggest PPC that you contact your local trading standards office & get this checked out. Surely it can't be legal to close down someones account without warning simply because of a high level of returns ?

They have not broken any law, QVC do not have to sell items to anyone same as a shop does not have to sell to anyone, they can close an account if they wish.

It is mentioned in there T+C's

9.3 It is our policy to contact and work with customers whose level of returns is very high. This is to ensure that our prices are not negatively impacted by the cost to QVC of dealing with an extremely high number of returns by a small minority of customers. If a customer continues to return an extremely high number of products to us, we reserve the right to close their account. If this happens the customer’s statutory rights will remain unaffected, orders accepted by us before the account has been closed will be fulfilled in accordance with these terms and individual product warranties will continue to be honoured in accordance with their terms.

Yes Deanos we know all that but you obviously haven't bothered to read the whole thread or the related one titled 30 DAY MBG.

9.3 It is our policy to contact and work with customers whose level of returns is very high. This is to ensure that our prices are not negatively impacted by the cost to QVC of dealing with an extremely high number of returns by a small minority of customers. If a customer continues to return an extremely high number of products to us, we reserve the right to close their account. If this happens the customer’s statutory rights will remain unaffected, orders accepted by us before the account has been closed will be fulfilled in accordance with these terms and individual product warranties will continue to be honoured in accordance with their terms.

Closing down someones account without a warning is NOT working with the customers

Is it 50% in volume or by price? My mum recently sent back a pair of earrings that were over £200, this would push her over the limit easily.

I'm really shocked that they've done this, they always say send stuff back and I do if I order something and it's not up to scratch. Especially skincare, which I have a big problem with but AY always makes it sound just what I need. :confused:

Latest posts

Back