Acer - traitor!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
When I checked the EPG and noticed that the POD today on IW is an Acer, I was extremely disappointed that QVC had allowed the company to sell it's products on IW, a shopping channel I would not patronise in a million years, due to it's abysmal customer service, among other derogatory features. Somewhow, the availability of Acer on IW, belittles the quality of the brand for me and, consequently, I am unsure as to whether or not I will ever purchase from this brand again. I feel cheated, despite the fact that I am more than happy with the performance of the Acer 5750 with bluray I bought as a tsv from QVC. Obviously, Acer is a business and it's focus is to reach optimum sales figures; are they unaware of the well deserved reputation of IW AND, if so, why would they want to be associated with such a poor excuse for a shopping channel? If QVC had a say in the matter, of course they would not want Acer to be available on IW. This seems to be the case with many brands now; they become established on QVC and then, simultaneously, on IW. A prime example of this is HP. QVC need to have a more hardline contractual policy with it's clients; it is, after all, the number one shopping channel in this country with the repute of confidence and premium customer service which accompanies it. IMO, other people who have bought Acer from QVC will feel the same as I do and may even boycott Acer or, at least, not buy it from IW. I was in contact with CS at QVC the other day re my Acer, and was told that they would be getting more Acer PCs in their inventory.

Apparently HP are now the largest computer makers in the world, so they are probably sold everywhere (Currys, PC World etc) as well as IW and QVC, so they are not exclusive to anyone.

Now, if IW started selling NN or Cook's Essentials, that would be a different matter lol.

Acer can sell their PCs anywhere they please. A PC is a PC as far as I'm concerned. It's a means to an end. I don't care who sells it. Dell, HP, Acer ... nope means nothing to me. Does it work? Yes. Does it do what I want at a reasonable speed? Yes. That'll do for me.

But I do know that when I went to buy a laptop my IT guys didn't rate Acer. Asus but not Acer. So I made them choose the thing. My laptop is Asus. My netbook is Samsung and my PC is god knows what. But they all work.

Have to say that this won't be keeping me awake at night, being a worshipper at the Temple of Apple

Acer can sell their PCs anywhere they please. A PC is a PC as far as I'm concerned. It's a means to an end. I don't care who sells it. Dell, HP, Acer ... nope means nothing to me. Does it work? Yes. Does it do what I want at a reasonable speed? Yes. That'll do for me.

But I do know that when I went to buy a laptop my IT guys didn't rate Acer. Asus but not Acer. So I made them choose the thing. My laptop is Asus. My netbook is Samsung and my PC is god knows what. But they all work.

Mr Akimbo would agree whole-heartedly; he rates Asus but not Acer. It's always best to check genuine reviews online rather than listen to the flannel of any presenters or guests.
Brands will sell where they can.

Jude xx

My first ever laptop was an ASUS one with QVC many many moons ago (Windows ME) and it lasted years. In fact I think it still works!

Since then I've had a couple of Acers, mainly because I couldn't afford anything else. I know of other people who've had them also and so far mine lasted about 5 years (until I errrr.....spilt something on it) and as far as I know, the other 2 my friends bought at the same time are still going strong.

At the end of the day, it depends what you're going to do with it that counts. An Acer probably won't cope as well as some might with the top level games and graphics, but for every-day use (home or small business), they are fine. I use all the major programs on mine - Office, Photoshop and video editing and I've never had a problem. My acers have been as good as a DTR Rockdirect I bought in 2004 which was equivalent to an Area 51.

I am also an IT Professional and have never rated Acer, so probably better suited to IW than QVC but at the end of the day both are Shopping Channels and not some where the trade would chose to shop when buying IT equipment.

Fingers crossed "Wiggy" Lee jumps ship and goes to IW along with his Backup drives!

When I checked the EPG and noticed that the POD today on IW is an Acer, I was extremely disappointed that QVC had allowed the company to sell it's products on IW, a shopping channel I would not patronise in a million years, due to it's abysmal customer service, among other derogatory features. Somewhow, the availability of Acer on IW, belittles the quality of the brand for me and, consequently, I am unsure as to whether or not I will ever purchase from this brand again. I feel cheated, despite the fact that I am more than happy with the performance of the Acer 5750 with bluray I bought as a tsv from QVC. Obviously, Acer is a business and it's focus is to reach optimum sales figures; are they unaware of the well deserved reputation of IW AND, if so, why would they want to be associated with such a poor excuse for a shopping channel? If QVC had a say in the matter, of course they would not want Acer to be available on IW. This seems to be the case with many brands now; they become established on QVC and then, simultaneously, on IW. A prime example of this is HP. QVC need to have a more hardline contractual policy with it's clients; it is, after all, the number one shopping channel in this country with the repute of confidence and premium customer service which accompanies it. IMO, other people who have bought Acer from QVC will feel the same as I do and may even boycott Acer or, at least, not buy it from IW. I was in contact with CS at QVC the other day re my Acer, and was told that they would be getting more Acer PCs in their inventory.

Remember when M&S only stocked their own food and wouldn't let you pay by any other credit card than their own?

Remember how M&S nearly went down the toilet?

Remember how QVC wouldn't employ a presenter who'd been seen on any other shopping channel?

Principles are great but times change, you change with them or get left behind.

I am also a professional IT consultant / engineer and have, consequently, had the opportunities to experience the negative and positive aspects of the numerous brands of laptops available. In conclusion, I have to say that Acer is a brand I would once have rated at the lower end of the market. Having owned an Acer for approx 7 months, I have found it to be a quality machine, far superior to my HP laptop.

My acer computer is fine, never had any problems with it, but I also bought a Kodak printer from dare I say it Ideal world, and it arrived with in two days and was a very good price, that too hasnt been any trouble, so Im quite satisfied with Acer and Ideal world on this occasion

My acer computer is fine, never had any problems with it, but I also bought a Kodak printer from dare I say it Ideal world, and it arrived with in two days and was a very good price, that too hasnt been any trouble, so Im quite satisfied with Acer and Ideal world on this occasion

Lucy-Loo speaks too soon as her Acer laptop and Kodak printer spontaneously combust 3 days later! :giggle:

Lucy-Loo speaks too soon as her Acer laptop and Kodak printer spontaneously combust 3 days later! :giggle:

I've had them nearly a year now, nothing happened to either, shame the same cant be said about my Canon printer, which constantly broke down and cost a fortune in ink, and my Dell lap top, is not as good as my Acer, by the way isn't a lap top

What a load of rubbish !

Latest posts

Back