Add it to your order!

• Thread starter Deleted member 29604
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 29604

Guest Shopper
Of course I realise some people have money to spend and can keep adding to their order or multi buying but most people have to think before buying items, or at least think before buying many items.

I find the repeated recommendations to keep adding items to one's order not only slightly vulgar but also rather disrespectful in these times of rising prices when many are struggling.

During this evening's presentation about the Lychee Nahong Agate, I left and rejoined to hear Dear Dave talk about how it was the best item ever brought to the screen. He mentioned that it was much better than the other items he had sold in the past.

I watched those previous presentations in which he claimed that those items were the best of the best, but they were all priced in the three figures range. As a result, I decided not to purchase anything.

I would have been very annoyed this evening if I had done it.

Gemporia exists to sell its products, and to make as much cash as possible. All the guff about Gemporia presenters and viewers being one big happy family is nothing more than a sales ruse. Gemporia doesn't care if viewers have little spare disposable cash; they still want buyers for their wares.

As for Dave Troth, who appears to have no professional gemological qualifications, and whose practical experience seems to be limited to going to trade fairs and buying lots of tat cheaply and in bulk from sellers (middlemen?), he says whatever he can get away with to get sales.

Just like the allegedly GIA accredited presenters. Many of whom put this important qualification to good use by repeatedly going "Wow!" "This is legacy material!", or "This is heirloom quality" about every item that appears on screen which has been dyed, irradiated, heated, filled and gold plated to within an inch of its life

Gemporia exists to sell its products, and to make as much cash as possible. All the guff about Gemporia presenters and viewers being one big happy family is nothing more than a sales ruse. Gemporia doesn't care if viewers have little spare disposable cash; they still want buyers for their wares.

As for Dave Troth, who appears to have no professional gemological qualifications, and whose practical experience seems to be limited to going to trade fairs and buying lots of tat cheaply and in bulk from sellers (middlemen?), he says whatever he can get away with to get sales.

Just like the allegedly GIA accredited presenters. Many of whom put this important qualification to good use by repeatedly going "Wow!" "This is legacy material!", or "This is heirloom quality" about every item that appears on screen which has been dyed, irradiated, heated, filled and gold plated to within an inch of its life
The "middlemen" were actually sellers on the website Alibaba. You can search that site and find all the same carvings.
The trade fair videos are mostly just the talent going round pretending to buy massive amounts of stones when I'm reality they wait until the end of the show and buy the leftovers. It's all their in the small videos if you watch closely.

The trade fair videos are mostly just the talent going round pretending to buy massive amounts of stones when I'm reality they wait until the end of the show and buy the leftovers. It's all their in the small videos if you watch closely.

Or maybe they did actually go round during the busy periods, but all the sellers went into hiding once they saw Gemporia's 'gem experts' wandering into the halls.

"Quick guys, hide - here's that ****** mumbling Troth guy and Jake 'Shirtbuster' Thompson coming in again."

The "middlemen" were actually sellers on the website Alibaba. You can search that site and find all the same carvings.
Masters of 'creative publicity', I'll say that. I've often thought the same - just seeing a video of Dave the Rave or Jake the Peg standing at a stall scrutinising a gemstone doesn't prove a thing. They may be looking at premium quality in the vid, but what's shipped back home?

Latest posts

Back