A'kin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The kit I tried is too rich and made my skin very sensitive.

I have tried other ranges with essential oils in them and my skin reacts in the same way.

I think I may be allergic to essential oils.

Oh what a shame , you must be dissapointed , DS seems ok with his kit but its only been one day

Blimey - loads of A'kin bargains around and I'm fully stocked right now! Bummer. :(

I daren't start up a stockpile again - and anyway, I really like being able to choose what to go with when I start to get low on product rather than feeling guilty if I don't use something from the stockpile.

I'm really glad that A'kin is turning into such a popular brand. :mysmilie_753:

Blimey - loads of A'kin bargains around and I'm fully stocked right now! Bummer. :(

I daren't start up a stockpile again -
and anyway, I really like being able to choose what to go with when I start to get low on product rather than feeling guilty if I don't use something from the stockpile.

I'm really glad that A'kin is turning into such a popular brand. :mysmilie_753:

And so say all of us!:mysmilie_696::mysmilie_696::mysmilie_696:

Last edited:
In the last couple of days, I've been using the Geranium Cleanser, the rich Rosehip and Shea Cream and the Cellular Radiance Serum (as night treatment). I can't describe how impressed I am. Thanks everyone for the heads-up. :mysmilie_687:

There's two live A'Kin shows today at 2.00pm and 8.00pm for anyone interested. Watching only for me today - no buying, nope sirree bob. Stocked up from MyPure this week and didn't pay a stick of p&p. Wonderful service.

Thanks - it's brilliant value. It's a slightly different kit, because the one I ordered has 30 ml of the cleanser whereas this one has the mist. I think QVC carry this kit too, but £19.27 plus P&P of £3.45.

I ordered my A'kin kit on the 24th and have still not received it, so feeling a bit peeved.

If I love it, then I may order the kit you pointed out, as that will give me a chance to try the mist.

Thank you, LLE, for the clarification.

I ordered the Lavender mist from mypure, yesterday. I am really keen on trying it, as my skin gets quite dry during the day, no matter how many layers of cream and oils I have applied. Will the mist make a difference? Mmmm...

Thanks so much for pointing me in the direction of mypure:mysmilie_687:

I was about to order the double pack of A'Kin Lavender and Rose skin mists from QVC, but really I only wanted Lavender. On mypure they do it in a single pack which of course is half the price with free p&p and a bottle of lavender essential oil thrown in (worth £6.99) too:mysmilie_696:

It's my first A'Kin purchase btw:mysmilie_687:

Saw this on QVC this evening:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.226901

Just wondering if any of you have tried the ylang ylang shampoo for coloured hair? It gets good reviews.

I use this most days on my hair. I use it combined with either the Avocado and Calendula or the Wheat Proteins conditioner. For me, it's possibly the best shampoo/conditioner I have ever tried (with Michael DiCesare close second). It really does help my colour last, it cleans very gently and makes your hair feel all clean and swingy without any build up. Be aware though it doesn't always foam up as highly as other brands - if you want a high foam then shampoo twice with it...I only do that if my hair is particularly greasy. A 500ml pump will last me around about 8 months, the conditioner about 8-10 months.

MyPure offer samples of the shampoos if you want to try before committing - and some branches of Tesco now carry the range - if your local store has a Tesco NutriCentre attached to it you can by from there.

Hope this helps. As you can see, like Love A'kin I am evangelical about the products ;)

I use this most days on my hair. I use it combined with either the Avocado and Calendula or the Wheat Proteins conditioner. For me, it's possibly the best shampoo/conditioner I have ever tried (with Michael DiCesare close second). It really does help my colour last, it cleans very gently and makes your hair feel all clean and swingy without any build up. Be aware though it doesn't always foam up as highly as other brands - if you want a high foam then shampoo twice with it...I only do that if my hair is particularly greasy. A 500ml pump will last me around about 8 months, the conditioner about 8-10 months.

MyPure offer samples of the shampoos if you want to try before committing - and some branches of Tesco now carry the range - if your local store has a Tesco NutriCentre attached to it you can by from there.

Hope this helps. As you can see, like Love A'kin I am evangelical about the products ;)

:mysmilie_687:

Thanks so very much I had no idea about some A'Kin products for sale in Tescos plus Tesco customer services didn't have a clue when I checked with them.
After ages and phone calls to stores at last shot trying the pharmacy at Horwich super store she mentioned the nutri centre and gave me the phone number to ring : 01204 694461.
The lady was most helpful seems they are like a health food shop.
There's only about 11 nutri stores in Tescos thoughtout the country there's the one in Horwich Near Bolton Lancashire then I think she said the next nearest Blackpool then Newcastle plus the rest down South.
Hope this is off some help if anyone is on the search and getting no where fast.

:mysmilie_12:

The Tesco/Nutricentre in Newcastle/Kingston Park does not sell A'Kin. Just to save anyone a trip.

:mysmilie_348:

:mysmilie_34:

So sorry about that but glad I'd got it right that their was a nutri centre in store, perhaps they may at some point stock it.

:mysmilie_687: cavegirl. There are no Nutri Centres here in Northern Ireland. I have had a look at their website but mypure are cheaper and free p&p. Going to order the combined pack of shampoo and conditioner. It's on offer at £10.49.

Thanks so very much I had no idea about some A'Kin products for sale in Tescos plus Tesco customer services didn't have a clue when I checked with them.
After ages and phone calls to stores at last shot trying the pharmacy at Horwich super store she mentioned the nutri centre and gave me the phone number to ring : 01204 694461.
The lady was most helpful seems they are like a health food shop.
There's only about 11 nutri stores in Tescos thoughtout the country there's the one in Horwich Near Bolton Lancashire then I think she said the next nearest Blackpool then Newcastle plus the rest down South.
Hope this is off some help if anyone is on the search and getting no where fast.

:mysmilie_12:

Hiya bags

The Horwich store is my local one :) They have a big shelf of A'Kin stuff - mainly the body washes/shampoos/conditioners etc and you can order online from them. The staff in there are lovely. They sell all sorts of interesting 'alternative health' stuff plus lots of supplements, wheat/gluten/dairy free foods and books.

BakerGirl, glad I could help - best of luck with the mypure order, and hope it's ok for you :)

xx

I had no idea that The Nutri Centre is associated with Tesco. I found out about it, quite recently, whilst looking for online stockists of A'kin products. I wondered why they offered club card points. :mysmilie_697:

Hiya bags

The Horwich store is my local one :) They have a big shelf of A'Kin stuff - mainly the body washes/shampoos/conditioners etc and you can order online from them. The staff in there are lovely. They sell all sorts of interesting 'alternative health' stuff plus lots of supplements, wheat/gluten/dairy free foods and books.

BakerGirl, glad I could help - best of luck with the mypure order, and hope it's ok for you :)

xx

:mysmilie_348:

Thanks Cavegirl the girl I spoke to was lovely and so helpful.
I'm about half an hour away but have only ever been a couple of times will have a make a trip soon to have a look.

Hiya bags

xx

I don't know how it happened but a Lemon Myrtle Hand Wash and a Sweet Blossom & Jojoba Natural Lip Balm ended up in my shopping basket too. :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back