Alison O’Reilly of Diamonique

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wish Alison the very best with whatever comes her way. I hope she receives plenty understanding, loving care, support and consideration.
I started to watch the show when a posted here she was on video link through to Julia in the studio which started off well.
But just to quickly explain from someone who lost all her hair due to chemo I really felt for Alison. When 13 minutes into the show I shortly afterwards turned off. As Julia proudly declared she has loads of hair and was flicking it back. Maybe I’m sensitive and others may not think as I do, but I just found it insensitive to Alison and totally unnecessary on her first show especially as her hair is only just coming back. Maybe there were likeminded ladies all so watching, I don’t know. But I likened it to breast cancer care shows with ladies who have had breast surgery and some quite recently faced with no thought presenters with their breasts on full view.

😢😪
Yes I lost my hair twice with chemo and stem cell transplant. I liked the crop but am happy it’s growing down a bit now. Allison looks glam. I think she’ll do OK. I ignore JR.

I had to drop some paperwork to my GP surgery, we have to wait outside and ring the bell. This elderly lady was complaining that she has puss coming from her lower foot. you could see it as clear as day.
she was promptly turned away and told to phone and they will give her a call back chat then arrange for her to come down to see a doctor. I was mortified. since covid how many people have actually died of other causes it makes my blood boil!
My husband has a customer whose wife had her leg amputated in April when the district nurse service was suspended, Mazza's story concerned me more than I can say & I'm relieved & delighted that she's come through all her trials. The lady I referred to was having her dressings changed daily so when the nurse didn't arrive she phoned the surgery for the service's number to be told it was confidential & she had to go to A&E, she did & was informed that they wouldn't see her because it was a community issue. Where do you go when they turn you away? Long story short her husband took her to the surgery & fortunately a GP saw them & told them to go to the hospital where people would be waiting for them. Her life has been changed beyond belief but she's still here. As well as her two people I knew have died & the son of one of these is struggling to cope with no hope of help until next summer.

I want to know what the bliddy hell our GP’s have been doing this past 7 months as they are refusing to do appointments, nil, none, bugger all.

Yet they will all be there next month doing the flu injections all whilst rubbing their hands at the money they get for each injection (was a tenner per patient about 10 years ago when I found a note written by a GP to her fellow GP’s where she told them to inject all and sundry as it was very lucrative for the practice)

Lost all respect for GP’s during Covid.
I could not agree more. I was at my doctor's surgery in a full waiting room (ie 6 people sitting round the edge of the room) and not ONE of them was called to see a doctor, all for the nurse practitioners or whoever. I then had to visit my dentist who had to examine me and I obviously couldn't wear a mask during the examination, thereby putting himself at risk. As do hairdressers etc etc.

I can only think the GPs' union, whatever it's called, or the GMC has issued safety instructions for them not to see patients face to face unless it's absolutely an emergency-type situation. This is GROSSLY unfair to the patient who may be presenting symptoms they can't recognize as symptoms they describe over the phone, eg skin tone, eye indicators, back rashes and so much more.

I, too, have lost ALL respect for GPs. They are very quick to refer patients to the hospital or pass on to the nurses. Er - why are you so willing to put THEIR lives at risk when you won't risk your own?

Apologies for the capitals but this is now becoming a major issue and I think it's a matter of time before it all blows up in their races. And at over £100 grand per annum, so it should.

I agree but I also think JR should shut up about her hair. She is so full of herself that she doesn’t spare a thought for the feelings of others. So, so unwatchable.
I know that her illness is different from Alison's, however, she still received a diagnosis of cancer, as did her mother, she should be more aware of others & show empathy.

I wish Alison the very best with whatever comes her way. I hope she receives plenty understanding, loving care, support and consideration.
I started to watch the show when a posted here she was on video link through to Julia in the studio which started off well.
But just to quickly explain from someone who lost all her hair due to chemo I really felt for Alison. When 13 minutes into the show I shortly afterwards turned off. As Julia proudly declared she has loads of hair and was flicking it back. Maybe I’m sensitive and others may not think as I do, but I just found it insensitive to Alison and totally unnecessary on her first show especially as her hair is only just coming back. Maybe there were likeminded ladies all so watching, I don’t know. But I likened it to breast cancer care shows with ladies who have had breast surgery and some quite recently faced with no thought presenters with their breasts on full view.

😢😪
Julia was really crass there. Totally thoughtless. Alison looks lovely, I think her hair suits her - although I am sure she probably just wants it to grow longer.

I want to know what the bliddy hell our GP’s have been doing this past 7 months as they are refusing to do appointments, nil, none, bugger all.

Yet they will all be there next month doing the flu injections all whilst rubbing their hands at the money they get for each injection (was a tenner per patient about 10 years ago when I found a note written by a GP to her fellow GP’s where she told them to inject all and sundry as it was very lucrative for the practice)

Lost all respect for GP’s during Covid.

I'm more than a little annoyed as my OH had a call today telling him his flu jab next week has been cancelled as they've run out. Mine was still going ahead but as we were going together I've cancelled too.

We're both over 50 with underlying problems however mine are more serious.

I was speaking to a friend earlier (no health issues, under 50, doesn't have a job requiring it) who has just had her jab. How has she managed to get it at our surgery despite being on the low priority list? A member of her family works there. Somehow, the whole family has managed to get it yet none have problems or are over 50.

I can't get to talk to the GP either, though my partner did get a call-back a few months ago. I've had to make do with unqualified assistants handing out advice or a part-time nurse who seems more than a little out of date.

We can't be the only ones who are having problems like this. Getting an appointment pre-Covid was a nightmare but as you all say, is impossible now. It's very wrong. They're well-paid but for what these days? I dropped my repeats off a few weeks ago and noticed several of the GP's cars in the car park (private number plates on Mercs and Beemers are a bit of a dead giveaway), yet the waiting room had one person in it. I didn't hang around long enough to see if she was seeing a GP or nurse.

After all this is over I think we should be writing to someone in charge. I'm not bothering to complain to the surgery as ours also has a record for blacklisting people with genuine complaints (yet kowtowing to the squeaky wheel whingers).

I'm more than a little annoyed as my OH had a call today telling him his flu jab next week has been cancelled as they've run out. Mine was still going ahead but as we were going together I've cancelled too.

We're both over 50 with underlying problems however mine are more serious.

I was speaking to a friend earlier (no health issues, under 50, doesn't have a job requiring it) who has just had her jab. How has she managed to get it at our surgery despite being on the low priority list? A member of her family works there. Somehow, the whole family has managed to get it yet none have problems or are over 50.

I can't get to talk to the GP either, though my partner did get a call-back a few months ago. I've had to make do with unqualified assistants handing out advice or a part-time nurse who seems more than a little out of date.

We can't be the only ones who are having problems like this. Getting an appointment pre-Covid was a nightmare but as you all say, is impossible now. It's very wrong. They're well-paid but for what these days? I dropped my repeats off a few weeks ago and noticed several of the GP's cars in the car park (private number plates on Mercs and Beemers are a bit of a dead giveaway), yet the waiting room had one person in it. I didn't hang around long enough to see if she was seeing a GP or nurse.

After all this is over I think we should be writing to someone in charge. I'm not bothering to complain to the surgery as ours also has a record for blacklisting people with genuine complaints (yet kowtowing to the squeaky wheel whingers).
Would you be prepared to pay for a flu jab at a pharmacy? Would you be happier doing that than waiting? I’m not sure what your situation is and whether that’s an option for you. I’m over 50 so could have got a free jab if I had waited, but I did what I have done for the last few years and paid for one at a pharmacy as soon as they became available. If you have health issues you shouldn’t have to do this but it might be worth considering.

Would you be prepared to pay for a flu jab at a pharmacy? Would you be happier doing that than waiting? I’m not sure what your situation is and whether that’s an option for you. I’m over 50 so could have got a free jab if I had waited, but I did what I have done for the last few years and paid for one at a pharmacy as soon as they became available. If you have health issues you shouldn’t have to do this but it might be worth considering.

We can get it free from our local pharmacy this year as they seem to be taking on a lot of the GP's list. However, they're out of stock and are only likely to get stock after the surgery has had theirs.

I've rung around a few others and they're in the same situation.

Latest posts

Back