All new price drop

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Though he did make me laugh when he accidentally detached a part from a flimsy-as-hell tabletop ironing board (probably only worth £3 if that) :mysmilie_59:

Honestly PP, the man is an utter tool.

But at least he isn't thoroughly dislikeable though, like The Vile Gollum

I believe the bosses have been watching closely and realised they need to get some more of that Lisa B top and some of the latest of the higher end of the poundland creams and depending how well todays one day special on bid does maybe a trip to some Superdrug stores to stock up with those too

And some HD boxes to help PD out :mysmilie_14:

More feedback from perfume Pete's Facebook page

I think they've ruined the channels so I don't watch or buy any more. None of the presenters look comfortable. They must have lost a lot of customers, me included.

Sadly ditto...one boring , boring channel , followed by a second using illegal practices and where you don't even get the goods necessarily if you bid. I'll still follow you , and hope you announce better changes on here soon .

Yes, you may be right! The vendor offers goods at a price, the buyer makes a bid (promise to buy). This is a legal contract so long as the buyer says "Yes!".
However, this clashes with the retailer's right to withdraw. In Asda, for example, a superviser may snatch the item quoting "I'm withdrawing this from sale". I don't think this has ever been thrashed out in court. Interesting though.

It's not that...the initial goods being on sale is an "invitation to treat " , not an offer...the buyer actually makes the offer , and the seller can say No. What is illegal is that the channel is somethimes offering goods for sale at a price NOONE can ever get them at...a "Better luck next time " or similar message does not relieve them of an obligation to sell to someone when they have not disclosed IN ADVANCE what the reserve price is.

bye :(

Sorry to say am of the same opinion as everyone above including Kevin !! Peter I will still follow you if I can....................

The only good thing about price drop yesterday was Steve Macdonald, don't price drop want people to buy products any more, this new format is bad, you can't be sure that you have the item.

Look at the cost of the p+p for this coat. What's it made from, lead?

image.jpg

But it didn't really matter in the end, only 2 people bothered.

Now Lisa B has not just any old bag, its a Marla London at ome, A MAARRRRRRLAAAAAA, Not only in the deliciousness of the chocolates, not only with the quilted grab bag, not only with the cross body strap, not only will it leave us in the next 48 hours, not only with the Marla London name plate, not only with the contrast lining

£55
5 available

£30 - no interest

£19.99 - no interest and BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME WAHHHHH WAHHHHHH WAHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHH

Galloway marl fleece jacket, not only in the grey, not only in the black, Not only is it in the xl so 20/22, not only is it £9.99 yes £9.99 p&p :O

£55
8 available

2 gone at £55 :O

No more interest down to £31

£29.99 - BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME wahhhh wahhhhh wahhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lisa is reading out some tweets

someone asked Lisa when she is going back on nights...I'm staying on days as I love it, look at the stuff I get, I get Galloway

Someone said they love the new price drop and Lisa said so do I its so exciting isn't it? like a gameshow and bargains all shoved in a pot

next up now I love this don't you eh at ome its the latest of the designers of 2014, Our Tommy and Our Kate, Not only is this a cardigan, not only in the black, not only in the gold, not only in the large in the 20/22, not only in the metallic thread and not only with the larger of the zips and not only with 1 not only with 2, not only with 3 but not only with 4 of the larger of the pockets

£26
9 available

I only have 9 of these and i'm pretty good at gauging what will go quick and what will take longer

1 in at £26 - Lisa suggests the guy who bought it might get some for buying it lol

2 in at £13.35

plunges to £12.49 - 6 gone

2 left

1 left

SOLD WE HAVE A WINNNNNNNNNERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

They have learned today only trying to sell 5 of those 3 Thai amulets on a plaque instead of 50 sets last afternoon

£17
5 available

sold at £7.49

Last edited:
first timer forum attempt - long time shopping TV watcher

::blush: hello ,I am new here- loving the forum. Forgive my ignorance, but who is gollum, in relation to the presenters? After all, they are ALL (price)drop down gorgeous.

I can't make out if Lisa is just a little odd or if she is on medication , she just said that when she was undressing the other night her boyfriend said she body was a work of art:mysmilie_17: she has given me a headache but she has also made me LOL.

Hmmm....I'm not sure about this new format...does everyone still pay the lowest price?

It's been a while since I have purchased anything from either channels...not because of hour phone call, or the postage or the presenters but simply because they have sold nothing but utter shite...

Hmmm....I'm not sure about this new format...does everyone still pay the lowest price?

It's been a while since I have purchased anything from either channels...not because of hour phone call, or the postage or the presenters but simply because they have sold nothing but utter shite...

Everyone does still pay the lowest price, if they're allowed to buy it. But turning away around seemingly half your potential punters has to be the craziest idea for a shopping channel ever, especially for a company on the bones of it's arse.

I'm not aware this has ever been done before and there's probably a very good reason for that.

They have a christmas jumper for sale in April, Well I guess it times to start shopping for Christmas again isn't it? isn't it?

The management must have got a ticket on their way back from the poundland with the creams so they had to raid the warehouse sorry back room again

£25
5 available
1 sold at £5
1 sold at £4.39
1 sold at £4.22
1 sold at £4.14
1 sold at £4.03

WIIIIIIINNERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Last edited:
I'm all up for a fun way to waste my money on crap, I used to enjoy the old style bid-up auctions and the old price drop with the big flashing chevron things but they have to fulfil two simple criteria -
1. The crap they're selling has to be reasonably good (ie a slow cooker or a gadget - not an Xmas jumper in April wtf?!)
2. The fun way to waste my money on said crap needs to build suspense and anticipation - this new format is boring

I'm all up for a fun way to waste my money on crap, I used to enjoy the old style bid-up auctions and the old price drop with the big flashing chevron things but they have to fulfil two simple criteria -
1. The crap they're selling has to be reasonably good (ie a slow cooker or a gadget - not an Xmas jumper in April wtf?!)
2. The fun way to waste my money on said crap needs to build suspense and anticipation - this new format is boring

I think it's fair to say they have a very unique business model.

Put it this way, if they went up in the Dragon's Den I think they'd get a clean sweep of 'i'm out'

And where have all the attractive women gone?! I used to tune in JUST to catch an eye full of Keri 'more' and Helen Mass-debates :(

Latest posts

Back