All new price drop

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you just missed it you missed a classic, Steve McDonald giving out the warnings on dodgy car mechanics and how they over charge.

Then he went into a story about how he went to a mechanic and the mechanic charges him a fortune for tyres, he told the mechanic he couldn't afford that so the guy offerd him a deal he then said and this cracks me up, he said to the mechanic "Why didn't you just offer me that deal in the first place?":mysmilie_17: :mysmilie_15:

I mean you could not make this stuff up.

If you just missed it you missed a classic, Steve McDonald giving out the warnings on dodgy car mechanics and how they over charge.

Then he went into a story about how he went to a mechanic and the mechanic charges him a fortune for tyres, he told the mechanic he couldn't afford that so the guy offerd him a deal he then said and this cracks me up, he said to the mechanic "Why didn't you just offer me that deal in the first place?":mysmilie_17: :mysmilie_15:

I mean you could not make this stuff up.

Steve's bull gets ever more elaborate. Obviously we know he's a well seasoned storyteller but of late he's positively excelled himself.

He's not quite up to Lisa 'i'm a Buddhist' Brash standards just yet but with a bit more gumption he could get there.

Oh please don't get me wrong deedee, i'd provide them with provisions.

But I still maintain there's a case to be made for their incarceration, I see it more as having them quarantined :mysmilie_59:

OK, I understand
I'll send you the Deprivation of Liberty criteria just so you keep within guidelines
It's things like:
must be over 18
could be considered a risk to themselves
must lack the mental capacity to make their own decisions
stuff like that so I think you'll be fine :mysmilie_14:

OK, I understand
I'll send you the Deprivation of Liberty criteria just so you keep within guidelines
It's things like:
must be over 18
could be considered a risk to themselves
must lack the mental capacity to make their own decisions
stuff like that so I think you'll be fine :mysmilie_14:

That's great to know. OK, i'll now proceed.

It's for their own good as much as Britain's.

That's great to know. OK, i'll now proceed.

It's for their own good as much as Britain's.

you're very welcome, I deliver presentations on this sort of stuff so, if you want any more info, I'm yer man! :mysmilie_13: (it's interesting........honest!!)
I think your strongest argument or assessment criteria for this is the issue of mental capacity to make their own decisions
you just need to be clear whether you're using The Mental Capacity Act or The Mental Health Act (which is completely different) because the two don't ever work in conjunction, it's either one or the other ok?
you're probably now an expert so go for it!
oh, I should probably mention that this authorisation lasts for 12 months then it needs to be reviewed/renewed - maybe set a reminder on your phone??!!!

I know at times I might have occasionally suggested that BOD is a bit dull but the truth is that I like him, I honestly do.

However, I have to say that watching him try and whip up drama and excitement for this utterly ridiculous new format is quite painful to watch. His facial expressions are verging on the maniacal.

Poor BOD. I think he'll soon be back on the Cruise Ships, twisting his Snake Hips to the Rumba.

I know at times I might have occasionally suggested that BOD is a bit dull but the truth is that I like him, I honestly do.

However, I have to say that watching him try and whip up drama and excitement for this utterly ridiculous new format is quite painful to watch. His facial expressions are verging on the maniacal.

Poor BOD. I think he'll soon be back on the Cruise Ships, twisting his Snake Hips to the Rumba.

I like him too
I've watched him a few times recently and I've found him quite entertaining (I know, it surprised me too!)
He's inoffensive (I might have just damned him with faint praise!) but he can also be very funny
I don't think he makes ludicrous claims about products and he doesn't subject us to constant tales about his private life
yep, he's ok is old snake hips! :mysmilie_8:

They keep showing a multibuy advert stating you can now buy more than one item one problem with this advert? With their new flawed format you can't buy ONE item let alone multiples think they need to take ad off

Just watched this for the first time tonight, it's laughable.

It needs Peter Simon, to see him under this sort of pressure would be hilarious. Mike Mason too.

Aaaaaah yes....... The good ole days. :mysmilie_15:

I'm thinking strip selling - every time a buyer comes in the presenter (preferably Helen Bates over Steve Mac) removes an item of clothing....
Yes the presenters will be wearing every item they own but it'd be a bit more exciting than the current bollock - we just had an 'automatic lose' whatever that is...

It would be better if they referred to non-sales as 'are you winners - or a bunch of losers?'

Nah, it's simple, all you need is a big shiny spinning wheel. After the 'auction' for the overpriced piece of crap has concluded, a scantily clad female co-presenter hobbles over to the big shiny wheel and spins it. On the wheel are prizes and everyone who purchased the aforementioned crap will receive this prize. It could be 'item free' or '£10 credit' or 'free p+p' or (in bullseye fashion) 'a speedboat'. They'd need to adjust the product cost to take account of this but with some good probability software they could account for the cost. Great gimmick and would bring in more buyers and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be breaking any laws (although they'd probably end up weighting the wheel).

I put a similar gimmick into a shop for one of my clients years ago (he owned a couple of sandwich shops) and it turned his business around. Buy a sandwich, spin the wheel - the most abundant prize was free sweets (cheap ones) but sometimes people won their sandwich for free etc. People had a choice, go to the sandwich shop where you had to pay for your lunch or go to the sandwich shop where you 'might not have to' pay for your lunch.

In the last 20 minutes Mark managed to sell 15 sets of the 2pk carrier bag handles for the grand price of 4p + 6 sets of the LED candles for £8.88 + £7.99 p&p on both items

How have things been going today? have we had lots of sell outs or better luck next times? Is it picking up at all as the word spreads about this exciting new channel?

At least some of the entertainment's back! I've just seen 4 people unlucky, or stupid enough to "win" a crappy LED torch for £18.99 all in that's available from another retailer for £3.48 with free delivery! - What a flaming rip off. Even on Price drop's web deal page is a penny cheaper at £10.99....Derr!

At least some of the entertainment's back! I've just seen 4 people unlucky, or stupid enough to "win" a crappy LED torch for £18.99 all in that's available from another retailer for £3.48 with free delivery! - What a flaming rip off. Even on Price drop's web deal page is a penny cheaper at £10.99....Derr!

Oh please Merry now you're just spoiling all the fun :mysmilie_14:

It's ridiculous isn't it? Maybe if they shaft enough people like that perhaps there is a future for it even with all the 'better luck next time' fails.

Latest posts

Back