An Elemis TSV before Christmas?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, I was away until last night (in lovely Oslo!) and so have missed all the furore over the TSV. I have a suspicion the husband has bought me one for Christmas though (largely coz I asked him to haha!). I think Keeley is one of the better presenters on QVC as it happens. She does fumble over her words sometimes but I think that's her enthusiasm coming out and I think she's actually quite sweet. She comes across as a real people person and if there's anyone I'd like to have a facial with, it's her.

I think as with any brand though you have to look beyond the sales patter (after all, QVC are there to sell, sell sell by any means necessary) and do a bit of research yourself. Then pick which products you like and don't get sucked in to buying others. If you fall for the sales pitch (and who doesn't occasionally?!) then you have to take responsibility, no-one is making us buy after all...

Can't wait to receive mine, I personally LOVE the new cleanser and have been using it for a week now :clapping:

Tx

Funny how QVC can conveniently forget about Molton Brown being their biggest selling beauty TSV now that they don't sell it anymore!! Maybe that's what the 'C' in QVC actually stands for? 'Convenient memory loss'?!

I miss the MB TSV's there was always so mich in them, I think though that overall I prefer the last couple of Christmas Elemis TSV's they have been much more of a mixture of skincare and bodycare whereas the last few MB ones did become quite "samey" if you know what I mean. I know Elemis nearly always has PCMC in it but thats fine by me as I love it :)

Molton Brown have some really nice new smalls and products that would be great for Christmas TSV's but I suspect that if they were still on OVC we would still be getting the same "old faithful s" but at twice the price they used to be

leopard_print, Keeley seems to have a lisp so I think she tries talk without showing she has one. I am surprised no one has ever mentioned this before. I have always said to myself, Keeley has a lisp and is trying to compensate for it.

I flicked over in the 11pm show and it was limited, so 90,000 in stock and 80,000+ sold. It went limited at the beginning of that show, and then a while later Alison said another 1000 have just sold. I flicked back to the TV show I was watching. Actually I never actually watch an Elemis show the whole day. LOL

Alison did say a few times throughout the day that Elemis was QVCs biggest selling beauty brand. In the past I will say it was MB without a doubt, as the TSVs had so much product, mixture of bath(though in later years it was all bath and body stuff) and skincare. Prices usually in the £20s too and the shipping in the £3+ too. If MB ever came back to QVC the prices would be in the £40s as L'Occitane is now.

Also I will say Aveda was the biggest haircare brand QVC had for many years.
Not sure if Ojon now hold that crown?

The last MB Christmas TSV which I purchased was the 8-piece enlivening collection (early December 2007). Cost £39.94 (plus £6.00 p&p), and on two easy payments*. I suspect that this was in fact MB's final TSV; I seem to remember AY thanking Andrew for providing an extra TSV during the Christmas 08 period. Made great presents. :happy:

Jay

* I have a record of all QVC purchases made (and of those returned and for what reason)

Have seen/heard a few mentions of using the milk bath and the frangipani oil as hair treatments. Has anyone done this? Does it go on wet/dry/clean hair etc? Thanks!

I use the oil (a very small amount!) on the ends of my hair once I've dried it. Fantastic and smells lovely. If it looks greasy then you've used too much. Also just use at the ends. I have dyed blonde dry hair and it works a treat. I have, on occasion, used too much - disaster. Just a wee drop.

I use the oil (a very small amount!) on the ends of my hair once I've dried it. Fantastic and smells lovely. If it looks greasy then you've used too much. Also just use at the ends. I have dyed blonde dry hair and it works a treat. I have, on occasion, used too much - disaster. Just a wee drop.

Confession time. Whilst dipping in and out of yesterday's elemis shows I learnt that the oil solidifies when cold - could that explain why I've never been able to get any out of the wee bottle I got in my last tsv? So, sat my bottle on top of a radiator, and voila - oil:cool:

The last MB Christmas TSV which I purchased was the 8-piece enlivening collection (early December 2007). Cost £39.94 (plus £6.00 p&p), and on two easy payments*. I suspect that this was in fact MB's final TSV; I seem to remember AY thanking Andrew for providing an extra TSV during the Christmas 08 period. Made great presents. :happy:

Jay

* I have a record of all QVC purchases made (and of those returned and for what reason)

No wonder I never bought the last one!!!!!!

Oh it seems the biggest beauty christmas TSV claim is actually not number of units sold but the money spent. Never even thought of that.

My best friend has all her QVC purchases sent to my house (despite the fact that I live in Lancashire and she's in London, I'm at home a lot whereas she's never in and struggles to get to her Post Office to collect parcels, so instead she takes a rucksack full of stuff back down with her after her regular visits to me :giggle:.) She ordered four Elemis TSVs and they arrived yesterday. We'd agreed that if there was just the odd bit and piece that I liked I'd have them from her (as commission for being her own personal sorting office all year) so when they arrived I opened them up and separated them, and I just 'borrowed' one of the Frangipani oils, and one of the body washes, as that matches the oil, and one of the new cleansers, would like to see what that's all about, and a couple of the PCMCs, have tried that and liked it before, oh and three of the four hand creams as I do get such dry hands...so just the odd bit and piece then...better get my chequebook out I think...:angel: :mysmilie_845:

Got my TSV today, very pleased. Nice bag too. It's my Xmas present to myself!

Snap - the bag is much nicer than I was expecting, am glad Iwent for two:happy:

I then remembered my last tsv came with a purple bag so I opened the box up and am loving that bag too as it is made of the same squashy touchy type fabric (and I've two of them too):blush:

I'm still waitin for my TSV, has everyone got theirs now? I've found since the delivery changed to 3-5 working days it is far worse than previously. Am assuming they've changed company?

Latest posts

Back