Andi Peters is excruciating

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I never watch the food shows on QVC, never have as overpriced, and they don't ship to N.I.

Andi is always a nasty twat when judging on Masterchef you can see the distaste on this face when trying the food, the other judges loving the dish.

Never watched him when he did the BBC children's show, so no idea how he was then?

Also, never watch ITV GMB, but he is on that as a regular doing something
Competitions

He's always taking the p*ss out of someone and it doesn't make him look amusing, he just comes across as a tit. I find him the worst with that lovely man that sells the German gingerbread. I don't know why anyone would agree to work with Andi Peters these days. I used to find the show quite fun when he first started doing it with Dale but now it's just cringeworthy.

CC

For all those who don't like Andy Peters, there are probably double the number who do like him. I'm not one of that number, but I think he might take the vacant place on British Bake Off because he fits the profile. The German pastry chef on QVC obviously thinks highly of Peters and all things considered if Peters didn't sell in high quantities, he would be dumped.

I'm commenting on a recent post from Duke of Cheese. I also watch QVC for it entertainment value. I live in a god-forsaken place where I am not the only Brit but also the only speaker of English. Consequently, its a pleasure for me to listen to and watch QVC presentations. I am also dual nationality American, so I love to listen to Ben di Lisi, for e. g Although his voice is a bit reedy and high pitched, I still like to hear an American male speaking, but not Harry Slatken, however. So, QVC as entertainment is a definite yes from me. Regarding the 'losers' that the Duke mentioned. I don't think of the presenters in that way. They have a good full time job, and although they are probably not very well paid, the perks of being on telly (their dream) and all the free samples they get make up for it. So, they are not losers imo.

Was that where I mentioned I thought Peters probably considered them to be losers compared to his supreme talent in his own mind? I agree. QVC presenters certainly are not losers. For somebody (not Peters) who is successful in ‘proper’ television, yes, they could well see a shopping television presenter as the sort of special constable of their trade using an old fashioned police view analogy. Not today, by the way. I have no idea what they earn, but I imagine it is well over £50k for all of them at QVC, and possibly considerably more for those with a previous track record in mainstream TV. It is clearly a well-paid and comfortable gig going by how many of them have been there for so long.

I'm commenting on a recent post from Duke of Cheese. I also watch QVC for it entertainment value. I live in a god-forsaken place where I am not the only Brit but also the only speaker of English. Consequently, its a pleasure for me to listen to and watch QVC presentations. I am also dual nationality American, so I love to listen to Ben di Lisi, for e. g Although his voice is a bit reedy and high pitched, I still like to hear an American male speaking, but not Harry Slatken, however. So, QVC as entertainment is a definite yes from me. Regarding the 'losers' that the Duke mentioned. I don't think of the presenters in that way. They have a good full time job, and although they are probably not very well paid, the perks of being on telly (their dream) and all the free samples they get make up for it. So, they are not losers imo.
I think “not very well paid” is probably stretching it a bit. They’re hardly on minimum wage are they. 🤨

I reckon they are on two hundred pounds an hour but pay tax accordingly. They get loads of stuff for free to try so they can describe fully what they are selling.

The presenters all seem to have husbands/wives/partners who also have well paid jobs/businesses, so I expect they’re all sitting pretty!
Yes, I think Mrs Dale has her own shop, Mr Julia is a musician, Mr Ali K is a consultant of some sort, Mr Jacki is a GP, Mrs Simon has her own business. I doubt if any 'other half' is a bin man or go office cleaning for a living.

I've often wondered if those who don't have children do any other job, because their hours on Q never add up to 35 hours. Well, apart from Craig that is.

I think it is safe to say they are clearly a very comfortably off lot in general. They don’t exactly exude a relentless struggle for money and survival from their demeanours. Yet, so often, they use as a selling tool, the need to purchase an item that will save you money. The mob from their main rival channel are pursuing that line incessantly currently with their portable money saving ceramic radiators, though somewhat unsurprisingly, none of their presenters appear to have them and are happy enough with their money burning heating systems.

It certainly appears QVC is a front of house ‘employer’ nobody wants to leave. People like Brook, Franks, Roberts, Young etc. have been their longer than my poor old mum’s Green Shield Stamps carriage clock was on her flat’s living room mantle piece. And if they do think the grass is greener, like old Skin did years back, they will soon want to return ‘home’ again, if it will ‘ave ’em!

Latest posts

Back