Anna's "Word of the Day"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mam

Registered Shopper
I'm sure this woman selects a new word from the dictionary every morning and tries to use it during the day whilst presenting. The majority of the time, said words are unnecessary and usually inappropriate. Today's little gem appears to be symmetry, the most inappropriate I have heard to date has to be verisimilitude.

Has anyone else noticed any "Words of the Day" from Anna?:wonder:

Not with Anna but they all do it.

For example Miss Franks AMMMMAAAAAZZZZZIIINNGG !!

Fiona from Decelor ABSOLUTELY!!!!! all over the show.

I'm sure this woman selects a new word from the dictionary every morning and tries to use it during the day whilst presenting. The majority of the time, said words are unnecessary and usually inappropriate. Today's little gem appears to be symmetry, the most inappropriate I have heard to date has to be verisimilitude.

Has anyone else noticed any "Words of the Day" from Anna?:wonder:

No but I've heard another presenter comment that Anna is into her words

Anna comes out with a lot of long, expressive words as if she is trying to impress us with how clever she is, but they usually sound inappropriate considering she is flogging cr*p most of the time.

Think she did some teaching in an African school whilst doing her degree in what I don't know.

You only have to look at her blogs to know that she's a "wordy" person. Bit too wordy for me, so just speed read them, but each to their own.

She always gives me the impression that QVC is soooo beneath her (but she's still willing to take the salary)

Claire's a great one for coming up with words - not properly pronounced, not in the right context and quite often not in the dictionary. She knows she does it though and said her mum tells her what she's said. All very endearing but not very professional. What's wrong with keeping it simple?

Claire's a great one for coming up with words - not properly pronounced, not in the right context and quite often not in the dictionary. She knows she does it though and said her mum tells her what she's said. All very endearing but not very professional. What's wrong with keeping it simple?

:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

JF is worse.

Yes, but these aren't words of the day, they are permanent fixtures in a very limited vocabulary!

You know what, I think you've hit on something here. These presenters should be given a word to learn each day and a word to eliminate from their repertoires. They could practice at home when (or is that IF) they read their product profiles. Claire's seven year old could test her. Who would test JF though? I think she might prove particularly challenging. Glen seems a willing sort - he might take to it. What a relief that would be.

You know what, I think you've hit on something here. These presenters should be given a word to learn each day and a word to eliminate from their repertoires. They could practice at home when (or is that IF) they read their product profiles. Claire's seven year old could test her. Who would test JF though? I think she might prove particularly challenging. Glen seems a willing sort - he might take to it. What a relief that would be.

Who would test JF? Why Scruncher & Mr. Bojangles of course. They're vocabulary has just got to be better than hers...

Latest posts

Back