Annoying phrases

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

" you've got ....." I haven't got anything yet love because I'm not buying what your flogging! Most of them say this!:mysmilie_10::smirk::mysmilie_865:

" you've got ....." I haven't got anything yet love because I'm not buying what your flogging! Most of them say this!:mysmilie_10::smirk::mysmilie_865:

Oh you have reminded me - "this is your blue and this is your larger bottle" etc. no no no, it is only MINE when you have delivered it (within 3-5days of course)

I'm on a roll now

I hate it when they insist on telling you what you can put in the pockets/compartments in a handbag. That woman on at the moment has just told us that we can put a baby's soother in one of the pockets! Grrrrr

Not forgetting that we can put money in a purse of course. And when they say you can feel free to use it for whatever you want - er yes if it's mine I think I will, thank you very much!

Alison Young and her 'preemyum' skincare.
Chloe who always says 'schtraight' instead of 'straight' eg 'schtraight away you've made a saving'.
And of course Alexis and her 'bergamont'.

Alison Young and her 'preemyum' skincare.
Chloe who always says 'schtraight' instead of 'straight' eg 'schtraight away you've made a saving'.
And of course Alexis and her 'bergamont'.

Oooh you noticed it too! Bergamont! I thought I was imagining it!

'Diamonique' and all other mispelt pastiche semi precious gemstones.

For the love of all that is holy, Why not just use the more regular moniker 'C.Z.'

As soon as diamonique is mentioned in our house we immediately start singing the song Dominique substituting the word diamonique. (This was a song from the 60's by a singing nun if anyone remembers)

And as soon as Gatineau is mentioned we shout in a very very bad French accent Madam Gatineau, madam Gatineau.

Needless to say we don't get out much!

AY - "literally" - she says it so many times and usually incorrectly, which makes it even more annoying...
JF - "There's nothing worse than..." she is wrong, there are worse things than smudging your nails or your realising your bag doesn't have a mobile phone pocket!

Brilliant thread :)

I was watching a Lori Greiner show the other day, and it's not an exaggeration to say the American guest presenter said "And guess what?" every six seconds!

One of the most pretentious phrases that makes me cringe in the pie and meat and other foodie shows is when they call the taste of it a "Flavour Profile"!

"Bottom Drawer" is another one that irritates me. How big do they think this blooming drawer is!? If I bought everything they suggest for this mystical drawer, there wouldn't be room for a bed!

It's been said already but "I need you on those phones"... grrrrrrr

Debbie's questions like "Wouldn't you like to try this at home?!" "Aren't you curious?" "Don't you want to see it in person?" etc. Always makes me shout "NOOOO!" ha ha ;-)

I've said this on another thread too but, Alexis always incorrectly naming her product "Milky Veil" or to be more accurate "Milky Vayo" - there's no Y in it woman!

I wish they didn't call their payment scheme "Easy Pay", especially when it's something like £100 per payment. Bully for you if that's easy for you Ms Presenter, but in my world finding a spare hundred quid every month is definitely NOT easy.

Oooooo and finally for now... Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaars!

That was very therapeutic, thanks :)

Last edited:
I hate all the ways Jill f's ego betrays her arrogance
" I've only got a few of these left in stock
I need you to use q cut, now.
I've only got the blue in size XXL available
Etc etc etc
I detest everything that spews from Debbie Flints gob.
Dear nice Chloe must stop saying "fantastic / brilliant" and "iconic" and "awesome"

Last edited:
Anything Jill Franks says in general, but mainly "Honestly"

Never trust a salesperson who uses that word!!

Loving this thread. My husband constantly mimics the use of the word hour pronounced 'ow-wahh' it really winds him up! Jilly is the biggest culprit but have heard Julia and possibly others too.

Stuff can be the tattiest of tat but the guest always say 'what I love about this is.........'

Or the variation of above - I am"luvin" this or that - it just drives me nuts.

Have you noticed how when there are colour options for a bag, piece of jewellery or whatever, and some are selling out, they all suddenly really love the design/colour which is not selling as well?

Latest posts

Back