Another backwards step

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I've been browsing the website, and discovered that now the POSTAGE IS NOT SHOWN !!!!!

I've looked at lots of items today, and they all say PLUS P&P but without saying what it costs.

I'm wondering if my PC is playing up, so does anyone else see the PP prices displayed (or not)?

Perhaps this is a new QVC ruse to hide their high postage until you actually pay for the item.
Screenshot (2533)_LI.jpg

Last edited:
I've been browsing the website, and discovered that now the POSTAGE IS NOT SHOWN !!!!!

I've looked at lots of items today, and they all say PLUS P&P but without saying what it costs.

I'm wondering if my PC is playing up, so does anyone else see the PP prices displayed (or not)?

Perhaps this is a new QVC ruse to hide their high postage until you actually pay for the item.
I clicked on the link from the forum to the L’Occitane TSV this morning, it showed £3.95 for a second or two and then changed to plus p&p. I was using my iPad.

I have noticed this, if I look on laptop it says plus P&P but on my tablet or app it states the actual postage price.

I noticed the P&P wasn’t showing a few days ago as well. I have only been looking on my iPad. I was curious so I added an item to basket to see if it was free P&P but it wasn’t - the £4.95 postage came up on the basket page. I wouldn’t be surprised if it were a deliberate ploy to make you forget about the additional cost to actually get it delivered. They already only talk about the item price when presenting. And for as long as I can remember, when you search for something or a brand, say, and get a page of items, postage isn’t shown then either. Very sly of you, QVC!

To be fair, when you look at other sites (Lookfantastic, Boots, John Lewis, etc) they don’t state P&P for individual items either. However, usually there’s a banner at the top saying “free delivery over £x spend” or you already know it’s free, whereas QVC don’t have a cap and charge varying postage amounts (which seem completely random and arbitrary). So l still think they’re being sly not stating the charge.

As llloyd said above, the postage charge does flash up when the page first loads, but it disappears in a split second.

I’m on an iPad and have just looked on the QVC site at quite a few items to see if I would have the same problem, but the P&P is showing for me.

They appear to change the rules or maybe it depends who’s doing the tech that day. I always thought that you couldn’t cancel an order after a certain amount of time, although I’m unsure as to what the amount of time is. 🤔 Well, I ordered something yesterday and then changed my mind. Over an hour later I logged on and went to my order and was able to cancel it.

I’ve also just checked my account, after what I Love Chocolate mentioned, and all my purchases are still showing.

I’ve just encountered something new on QVC. I placed an order for something this morning and, for the first time ever on their site, I had to confirm that it was me placing the order by going into my banking app to say “yes, it’s me.”

I don’t know whether it’s the bank just checking or whether it’s something that QVC are going to start doing.

I’ve just encountered something new on QVC. I placed an order for something this morning and, for the first time ever on their site, I had to confirm that it was me placing the order by going into my banking app to say “yes, it’s me.”

I don’t know whether it’s the bank just checking or whether it’s something that QVC are going to start doing.
That will be the bank not Q.

Latest posts

Back