Another newbie Laura Fleming

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She did gift wrapping bags
Wow! Gift wrapping bags ... that's big time ! However, I saw her selling diamonds. She rivals Knuckles in the ugly voice department.

It would be good to see a new male face. But I think Q have more women presenters who are north of 60 than men.
Dale and Simon must be pushing 60, don't you think ?

please don’t judge me but I like Ophelia ! The jury’s still out on Annalise but I don’t dislike her. They both need to improve their presenting skills though.

I admit that I worked in a large (200+Staff) office for many years in London so I encountered all sorts of people. I guess I just got used to and even enjoyed the many and varied voices, accents and communication ‘skills’.

It’s probably an age thing but I just can’t take shrill voices anymore so if they are shriekers then I’m out no matter what their other attributes may or may not be.

Do Q pay presenter petrol expenses?
Laura, Jackie and Pipa all travel 2 hours plus to get to work.

I stomached less than 2 minutes of Annieliese and the BA of the tsv Nails Inc and it was a switch off. It was a competition who could say the letter T less in the middle of a sen'ence. "I fink i's a gra'e colour for going aar' (out). " "yeah, waddyafink of this one ? " " yeah, i's in'eres'ing cos i's almos' like a pillar box"

I know we cannot expect Queen's English anymore, but listening to East Enders meets TOWIE is a complete turn off for me.

I stomached less than 2 minutes of Annieliese and the BA of the tsv Nails Inc and it was a switch off. It was a competition who could say the letter T less in the middle of a sen'ence. "I fink i's a gra'e colour for going aar' (out). " "yeah, waddyafink of this one ? " " yeah, i's in'eres'ing cos i's almos' like a pillar box"

I know we cannot expect Queen's English anymore, but listening to East Enders meets TOWIE is a complete turn off for me.
Beissles you would hate my accent. Born east London. Stepney. I moved to North west London say 33 years ago. Children would say "mummy that lady talks funny". I hate my accent specially hearing it played back makes me cringe

The red headed presenter who is pregnant was selling a bracelet, 'If you've got a niece or somefink, it would be a nice present ...' What kind of English is that ?

Beissles you would hate my accent. Born east London. Stepney. I moved to North west London say 33 years ago. Children would say "mummy that lady talks funny". I hate my accent specially hearing it played back makes me cringe
Boff, as LATI says, its not the accent per se - my parents both spoke broad Yorkshire, and relatives always thought I spoke 'posh' because I was born on the south coast, no, its the lazy diction. There is no excuse for not saying the "th" instead of "f' or leaving out the 'T' in the middle of a sentence. - these people are in our living rooms and pronunciation is paramount regardless of accent or 'twang'.

Latest posts

Back