Any Eyeliner Suggestions Please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That does seems to be a good deal, but what colour? :wonder:
I would prefer something on the lighter side that's why I thought of going to a department store.
I suppose I could view them 'in the flesh' & then order from QVC.

One pot of Bobbi Brown eyeliner lasts ages so its a very economical product. I found the black too dark for me when I tried as I'm really fair so I wear the sepia colour which is a bit more natural but still defines the eyes. I apply it to the upper lid and a little way on the bottom lashes into the corners as this opens up the eye.

The other eye liner I like is Smashbox which I apply and set with powder and apply again and this makes it last longer on me.

I also use Max Factor pencil eyeliner (which is a relative of smashbox) and Bourjois eyeliner (which is the cheaper end of Chanel).

Tyson,I had no idea that Bourjois was part of Chanel--how interesting!

I just put my hands on computer to say exactly the same thing! My favourite lipgross is a Bourjois one. On my third one. Related to Chanel? ... Well well well. Its a lot cheaper!

Bourjois have been around since the 1800s, the products are suppose to be made in the same factory as Chanel(this happens with quite a few companies. One factory could be making five or six different brands). The quality is not the same as Chanel though.

Here is a link with the history of Chanel and it seems its actually the fragrance end which is own by the same people who own Boujois.

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Chanel-SA-Company-History.html

Last edited:
Clinique is an Estee Lauder company it was started in 1971 by one of her sons, think it was Leonard?

Some years ago M&S had a range of bath and body which came in metal tubes. L'Occitane did not like that at all as people kept thinking it was their range. So L'Occitane too M&S to court and the range disappeared quickly.

Honestly, the avon eyeliners are hard to beat. good staying power, easy to apply and a fantastic price!!

i have no problems with LG rimz (after a bit of trying first to stop myself looking like a panda) and i have recently bought the smashbox waterproof shadow liner set and i am quite impressed with them too

i have no problems with LG rimz (after a bit of trying first to stop myself looking like a panda) and i have recently bought the smashbox waterproof shadow liner set and i am quite impressed with them too

It was Laura Geller's demonstration that started my recent quest!
What she said - that when you reach a certain age you have no lid so just emphasise what is on show - (or something like that) made sense to me.
I am very tempted by this product.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my plea.

I've been having a wander around various internet sites (as is my want) and came across these two tips.

Speaking from personal experience about smudging eyeliner due to oily eyelids, I combat the problem two ways:
• First, I apply a thin layer of Milk of Magnesia (yes, the laxative – it’s an unbelievable mattifying product to use before applying your makeup) all over my face, INCLUDING my eyelids; then
• I apply Urban Decay’s Primer Potion which is a primer that you apply to your eyelids to make them completely matte before putting on your eyeliner and/or eye shadow.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9840

and

Use a sealant. Once you are done lining your eyes, go over the line with a sealant for maximum staying power. I have heard good things about Benefit She Laq but I personally love MAC Mixing Medium Eyeliner or even saline contacts solution.
http://makeupforlife.net/2009/07/weekly-qa-how-to-get-eyeliner-to-stay-on-oily-eyelids.html

Please note - I'm not recommending the above.
In fact, knowing my luck the Milk of Magnesia would be absorbed into my system and have the effect the product was intended for ...:blush:

Last edited:
It was Laura Geller's demonstration that started my recent quest!
What she said - that when you reach a certain age you have no lid so just emphasise what is on show - (or something like that) made sense to me.
I am very tempted by this product.
well i get the rimz first in a TSV kit, it was a rimz and shadow thing and tbh i didnt like it. the colour didnt suit(i thought), i got it everywhere and i looked like a panda. but... the reviews on Q and on here where so good i thought it must just be me so i bought a seperate rimz(the purple one) and i love it. the brush is excellent (remember to tap it!) and after a couple of tries i now have it down pat and it looks great, a little for day, another line added for night. i now have the green and the brown, the green is as good as the purple, both make my eyes 'pop' as they say and you can easily pick out the green and purple if you want that look instead of the darker mix. i dont even need to wet them to keep them on but wet the colour is slightly harsher but on me it doesnt shift until i have used a couple of remover pads lol

I never have any luck with eyeliner ever - even the feted Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner (which I do like) tranfers on me from bottom lid to top lid - it is my skin, I have incredibly oily eyelids and t-zone. No amount of priming, primping and preening stops it. However, I have found that if I apply the eyeliner and then smoosh my eyeshadow over the top of it (I usually only wear pale, shimmery colours) then that seems to make it less of a problem. I appreciate this is not possible for everyone to do but it works for me and actually 'softens' the look of the eyeliner anyway. I'm over 30 now, can't carry it off like I used to :wink:

Thank you borednow for the endorsement.
I think I'll order it. The beauty (oops!) of Q is that I can always send it back if it does not suit.
The Bobbi Brown beautician in town put some on for me today. So far, it's still in place, looking a bit harsh, but that's probably because I'm not used to it -
(a) being a thicker line than I dare attempt
(b) staying in place

I have read about the Milk Mag tip, but becare it may give a chalk like appearance and also dry your skin out overtime

I was going to dismiss the suggestion out of hand but your comment Donna has made me wonder......:grin:

<snip> However, I have found that if I apply the eyeliner and then smoosh my eyeshadow over the top of it (I usually only wear pale, shimmery colours) then that seems to make it less of a problem. I appreciate this is not possible for everyone to do but it works for me and actually 'softens' the look of the eyeliner anyway. I'm over 30 now, can't carry it off like I used to :wink:

I did try that tip, applying shadow both before & after putting on eyeliner, but the liner still transferred to my socket line.

Maybe I'm a hopeless case, but I'm going to have one last go (? :doh:) at it with Bobbi & Laura.
They could become my new best friends!

Latest posts

Back