Bare Escentuals TSV 17/03/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i wish they'd show the actual product instead of pictures at least occasionally! they have all the pots lined up open and we never get to see them once.

I think the only way to tell what your "undertones" are is by comparing with other people. It scared the life out of me when I realised how pink I was comared to how yellow others were, but as I fry in the sun, I can't think why it came as such a surprise. According to the time of year I use BE in Fairly Light, Light or Medium Beige, sometimes mixing them. I LOVE that I get full coverage of my dreadful skin, but nobody knows I'm wearing make up, a HUGE bonus after years of wearing mask-like foundations.

But the recommended colours for pink undertoned skin are fair or medium and you use ones for yellow or neutral undertones so I don't think you can be all that pink afterall!.

i agree janie! I've often been annoyed they don't actually show the products themselves as they name the colours. They're obviously trying to stop everyone from buying 'light', I presume - the one I'd go for, which is a sure sign it's probably the most popular shade lol!

Another thing: have any of you thought how counterproductive it is for that makeup artist woman (the one who stands on the left with the specs) to only do one eye at a time when she's doing eye makeup? All it does is make the model look wonky and totally distract you from actually comparing and contrasting as she obviously intends you to do (that blond model courtney doesn't need any help looking wonky, which is weird because she's actually very attractive over all... strange). The other woman (who stands on the right and gives the spiel) actually has her model with both sides done so it looks even and that's just so much better.

But the recommended colours for pink undertoned skin are fair or medium and you use ones for yellow or neutral undertones so I don't think you can be all that pink afterall!.

Thanks for the info. Much as I would love to lay claim to milk white, blue veined, porcelein skin, I can't, so Fair is much to pale but I will try Medium. It can't be said that the colours aren't versatile and forgiving, can it!!?

I'm yellow! I have a liver condition that flares up and causes mild jaundice so for years I wore yellow based foundations and they did indeed match my skin, but through trial and error the best looking BE foundation on me is Medium (the last one a I tried!). Maybe because it acts as a corrective colour on me and I end up looking more normal? Mind you I rarely wear BE because i have to buff for ages to get a good result and I can get the same effect with liquid foundation in a lot less time.

Jude xx

Thanks for the info. Much as I would love to lay claim to milk white, blue veined, porcelein skin, I can't, so Fair is much to pale but I will try Medium. It can't be said that the colours aren't versatile and forgiving, can it!!?

I am pinky and have pale skin but like you fair would be way too pale for me. I tried medium expecting it to be too dark but it was fine. I then tried a colour called 'fairly medium' (not sold on QVC) and still prefer the medium. The medium has no yellow in it at all.

It won't necessarily help those with pink tones in their skins but just to let you know that I'm an olive skinned baby and in the winter I wear fairly light, in the summer I wear medium beige and after a holiday I wear medium tan. I could, in theory, use medium beige all year round but I do prefer to swap and change. Warmth doesn't work for me as they suggest it would to "warm" up a colour. It looks blinking orange and as a true olive there is no orange to my tan at all.

To continue the discussion about skin's "Undertones" According to page 8 of the booklet which arrived with TSV, "If your skin looks rosy-pink then you have a COOL UNDERTONE"!!!!!!!! WHY????? Surely pink is the exact opposite of cool, be it undertone or overtone. I can see that skin which looks golden-olive might have golden undertones, but as for skin being a mixture of rosy-pink and golden-olive being neutral, I think they must be bet hedging. Have just found a pot of Medium which was given me by someone who couldn't get on with it, will give it a try.

The best idea is to pop into a store and ask on the counter they will help you choose the ideal shade. I always think these best guesses that AY does are a rubbish way to chose a foundation.

I received my tsv today and love it. It is great value for money. The brush on the night treatment is a bit small though. The one on the full size pot is nicer and quicker as you can cover your face more quickly. The lipgloss is ok but a bit pale for me and I do prefer the buxom plumping ones but it will be ok for touch ups.

Latest posts

Back